[RP]Captain277 - RP Server Ban

raiq

[RP]Captain277 - RP Server Ban

Post by raiq »

BYOND account and character name: Chefferz

Banning admin:Captain277

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Permanent

Ban reason:"Player consistently exhibits LRP behavior. After sparking a polcie hunt, proceeded to use water tanks to clog maint and prolong their escape, resisted arrest consistently throughout the arrest process, and remained excessively hostile. Considering the number of previous bans, and the overall tenor of the incident today, this is a QC ban citing both the generally unacceptable composure and LRP behavior conducted throughout. Central would not encourage or allow this behavior in their employees.

Your side of the story:

I joined the station and went up to the bar, and grabbed a Christmas present from the tree. The Christmas present was a smoke grenade. Mentioning that I got it as a present to the officer in the bar, they told me to give it to them in which I, instead, set it off and ran. They chased me for a bit and I got away by using a water tank to block and hid inside a fire locker for a while. During this duration, I was not pinged by an admin about this behavior, even having one send me a message laughing via a message in my head that I could hide inside the locker. After a moment, I was busted when I jumped out to hug a Teshari. This is where things went more sour. The officer demanded I get on the ground, and while I was responding to the order and about to comply/was typing a response, not even maybe a second later tops, they magdumped (and missed) their taser into me, which made me flee again. Evaded for a little more then got caught. I do not mind that I got captured, I was a bit peeved that they magdumped me while my typing indicator was on, but the issues that made me get a bit pissed were when they 1) continued flashing me into stamcrit /paincrit despite being fully cuffed, and 2) Pried open a vented area and drug me through it with zero internals giving me 02 damage despite the warning, and knowledge, that the area was fully vented. I ahelped this behavior and it was, without a reply, marked and IC issue. After serving 20 minutes, I was unable to leave security because it was breached, and, again, got snippy with the officer because of their comments and tossed them. Got tased again, there were zero other officers on, and I was getting a bit too heated so I ghosted, and then got QC banned when I complained about it in dead chat.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I'm not arguing that my behavior was lower RP, but I've had zero incidents on the RP server for a solid two years almost, and even discussed an incident where Captain277 said in the public discord that Ana Bowchief makes people want to hang themselves. Having the phrase "consistent LRP behavior" is a bit unfair as well, as I've participated in multiple round tables, did PRs, and generally engaged with the RP server in multiple productive ways for the following two years since my un-banning. I would like this to be lowered given it is my literal first incident on the RP server.

Silicons

Re: [RP]Captain277 - RP Server Ban

Post by Silicons »

Hi.
So, I have some choice words to deliver.
- I observed the first 10 minutes of this, but none of the rest.
- The whole gimmick was legitimately funny when it was initially just a bit of smoke-grenading and locker memes. In-fact, I even replied to someone's ahelp with verbatim, "it's a smoke grenade", because I thought it was ridiculous to get on your case OOCly for it.
- The further escalation to the point of causing a major manhunt: actually no I take it back, it's not even the fact you caused a manhunt for me, because I honestly don't know why security goes to all that effort over a smoke 'nade and infact, like I said, I thought the officer was ridiculous at the time for spending their entire round chasing you, but it's rather the aftermath that makes me feel this was too much. A smoke grenade is a smoke grenade, having to be searched for is that - people aren't required to be 100% obedient, but just from the ban reason I can see that it went far further than simply attempting to avoid security. You cannot do this on the RP server.

However I'm ultimately not here to complain that hurr durr someone made an officer have a bad day. There's enough of that from people who actually observed said hostilies and I hate commenting on stuff I wasn't here to see personally because logs frankly tell half the story (especially with how garbage they are on RP code).

I'm instead here to say that if your first response to getting permabanned by the headmin who spends most of their time on RP is to DM every single staffmember you are able to reach, when you should know damn well by now private messages are not the place to be handling staff matters, AND, that you are not even banned from the discord unlike certain other individuals so you do not even have a reason to be going through DMs, then I have a hard time supporting this in general, outside of one or two incidents. I've had more active people be, to be entirely blunt, obnoxious about this, and they've all taken the hint way faster than you have.

No more of this. You've gotten in trouble for this in other places. Admin DMs aren't your place to complain when you feel you are wronged. The appeals board, complaints board, and for crying out loud the discord support ticket and staff forum systems are there. Take a hint.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

And while I am here, let me say that I am in no way endorsing the wholesale actions of the officer in question.

Even for the circumstances at hand this is not the first time I've observed overaggressive behavior from said person. LRP shittery is awful but at the same time, my recommendation to you is that you relax a little instead of playing security to be as anal as possible. Again, not over this one incident, but been a string of things whether it's unnecessarily stunning people far past what is strictly necessary to detain them or other things. While this kind of thing is generally not strictly against the rules, making everyone's lives awful when you are in conflict with them is something you should tread damn lightly in.

Don't be pot and kettle.

raiq

Post by raiq »

Consolidated to below.
Last edited by raiq on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raiq

Post by raiq »

Silicons wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:05 pm
Hi.
- The whole gimmick was legitimately funny when it was initially just a bit of smoke-grenading and locker memes. In-fact, I even replied to someone's ahelp with verbatim, "it's a smoke grenade", because I thought it was ridiculous to get on your case OOCly for it.
- The further escalation to the point of causing a major manhunt: actually no I take it back, it's not even the fact you caused a manhunt for me, because I honestly don't know why security goes to all that effort over a smoke 'nade and infact, like I said, I thought the officer was ridiculous at the time for spending their entire round chasing you, but it's rather the aftermath that makes me feel this was too much. A smoke grenade is a smoke grenade, having to be searched for is that - people aren't required to be 100% obedient, but just from the ban reason I can see that it went far further than simply attempting to avoid security. You cannot do this on the RP server

Yes, I understand that and I'm not arguing that I do not deserve a punishment for this. I also thought it was a bit silly to claim a manhunt over a smoke grenade, but I rolled with it up until I was, initially, going to surrender. And I repeatedly told Jade, the Captain that shift, ICly about how overly aggressive the officer was being, hence me continuing to evade, because even me just standing near the captain towards the latter when discussing it, had them run up and start magdumping again.

However I'm ultimately not here to complain that hurr durr someone made an officer have a bad day. There's enough of that from people who actually observed said hostilies and I hate commenting on stuff I wasn't here to see personally because logs frankly tell half the story (especially with how garbage they are on RP code).

I don't really have a comment on that other than what I stated as my side of the story.

I'm instead here to say that if your first response to getting permabanned by the headmin who spends most of their time on RP is to DM every single staffmember you are able to reach, when you should know damn well by now private messages are not the place to be handling staff matters, AND, that you are not even banned from the discord unlike certain other individuals so you do not even have a reason to be going through DMs, then I have a hard time supporting this in general, outside of one or two incidents. I've had more active people be, to be entirely blunt, obnoxious about this, and they've all taken the hint way faster than you have.

Yes, I understand this, but I initially messaged this to Captain, and stated, that I was trying to prevent drama by posting something like this on the forums which immediately was brought up on the discord. I was being neutral, I stated repeatedly I wasn't pissed off nor am I pissed off right now or even was when I got banned, I am simply trying to resolve the issue. I also was messaging the administrators who have seen me around in the two years I've been around in an effort to get something of a vouch from them regarding my actual behavior, particularly since Captain hasn't been around when I was actually active on the RP server given I took a break towards the latter end of the Summer.

No more of this. You've gotten in trouble for this in other places. Admin DMs aren't your place to complain when you feel you are wronged. The appeals board, complaints board, and for crying out loud the discord support ticket and staff forum systems are there. Take a hint.

Yes, I understand that too, but I was also trying to clarify why my ban reason stated "Continulous LRP behavior" when I have been given zero warnings, examples, or any issues brought up to me since I got unbanned two years ago. I am so exhausted with going out of my way to redeem myself, participate in the RP community, and do what I can to prove my worth only to get something slapped on a ban regarding these two year old incidents being hung over my head still. This was my first incident on the RP server, and was me mostly bitching in dead chat about the officer dragging me through the vented area and keeping me in stamcrit/paincrit/unconcious while cuffed. I did not bring up this incident on the discord, but the moment my appeal was posted, it was mentioned.
Ultimately, I'd really like clarification on the following. This is my exact ban reason.
Player consistently exhibits LRP behavior.
Please give me examples of this, as I've not been approached period regarding this. I have personally DMed you regarding the statement you made about Ana wanting to make people kill themselves, and you clarified it and said you had no issue with my character, this was when I was fully active on the RP server.

After sparking a police hunt, proceeded to use water tanks to clog maint and prolong their escape, resisted arrest consistently throughout the arrest process, and remained excessively hostile.
As mentioned by Kevinz, and literally witnessed and observered by them with a admin whisper in my ear laughing about me hiding in the fire locker, I don't see how this honestly has anything to do with being banned at all, this is all IC issue up until the hostile point, which as I stated early, was me reacting to the overly aggressive officer who magdumped into me when I was about to surrender.

Considering the number of previous bans, and the overall tenor of the incident today, this is a QC ban citing both the generally unacceptable composure and LRP behavior conducted throughout. Central would not encourage or allow this behavior in their employees.
Two year old bans. With no issues prior on the RP server. I'd also argue that central wouldn't hire supercops that instantly whip out a stun baton the moment someone so much as says no to an order, and the literal demeanor of the RP server as of late has been explicitely stated to want to be looser. Again, I'm not arguing that my hostility towards the end doesn't warrant punishment, but quoting a quality control ban is going 0-100 on an incident that, from what another head admin is stating, was perfectly fine up until the issue.

Side comments, the venting happened towards the latter end of me resisting, and the officer opted to instead continue to manhunt me despite all of that, even when I was talking to the captain about it all. Having a security officer continue to paincrit you and drag you through vented areas should have been addressed, along with them magdumping me, literally refusing to let me pay the fine and "adjusting" the sentence so it was 20 minutes, and reading the statement of appeal to also deny that when there was an active CD. Their insane aggressiveness was met with aggressiveness back, ultimately.

Also why, when I ahelped the overly aggressive officer, were none of these issues stated in the ban communicated with me, despite there being an issue at that point. Why was there not a "hey stop this" or "hey, I don't like what you're doing", particularly since this was done during my initial arrest, and even moreso when brought up something that another head admin was laughing about through prays in my head. It was instantly, without any input, marked as IC.
Last edited by raiq on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

royalderg

Post by royalderg »

raiq wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:33 pm
Silicons wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:05 pm
Hi.
- The further escalation to the point of causing a major manhunt: actually no I take it back, it's not even the fact you caused a manhunt for me, because I honestly don't know why security goes to all that effort over a smoke 'nade and infact, like I said, I thought the officer was ridiculous at the time for spending their entire round chasing you, but it's rather the aftermath that makes me feel this was too much. A smoke grenade is a smoke grenade, having to be searched for is that - people aren't required to be 100% obedient, but just from the ban reason I can see that it went far further than simply attempting to avoid security. You cannot do this on the RP server

Yes, I understand that and I'm not arguing that I do not deserve a punishment for this. I also thought it was a bit silly to claim a manhunt over a smoke grenade, but I rolled with it up until I was, initially, going to surrender. And I repeatedly told Jade, the Captain that shift, ICly about how overly aggressive the officer was being, hence me continuing to evade, because even me just standing near the captain towards the latter when discussing it, had them run up and start magdumping again.

I don't really have a comment on that other than what I stated as my side of the story.

Yes, I understand this, but I initially messaged this to Captain, and stated, that I was trying to prevent drama by posting something like this on the forums which immediately was brought up on the discord. I was being neutral, I stated repeatedly I wasn't pissed off nor am I pissed off right now or even was when I got banned, I am simply trying to resolve the issue. I also was messaging the administrators who have seen me around in the two years I've been around in an effort to get something of a vouch from them regarding my actual behavior, particularly since Captain hasn't been around when I was actually active on the RP server given I took a break towards the latter end of the Summer.

Yes, I understand that too, but I was also trying to clarify why my ban reason stated "Continulous LRP behavior" when I have been given zero warnings, examples, or any issues brought up to me since I got unbanned two years ago. I am so exhausted with going out of my way to redeem myself, participate in the RP community, and do what I can to prove my worth only to get something slapped on a ban regarding these two year old incidents being hung over my head still. This was my first incident on the RP server, and was me mostly bitching in dead chat about the officer dragging me through the vented area and keeping me in stamcrit/paincrit/unconcious while cuffed. I did not bring up this incident on the discord, but the moment my appeal was posted, it was mentioned.
Ultimately, I'd really like clarification on the following. This is my exact ban reason.
Player consistently exhibits LRP behavior.
Please give me examples of this, as I've not been approached period regarding this. I have personally DMed you regarding the statement you made about Ana wanting to make people kill themselves, and you clarified it and said you had no issue with my character, this was when I was fully active on the RP server.

After sparking a police hunt, proceeded to use water tanks to clog maint and prolong their escape, resisted arrest consistently throughout the arrest process, and remained excessively hostile.
As mentioned by Kevinz, and literally witnessed and observered by them with a admin whisper in my ear laughing about me hiding in the fire locker, I don't see how this honestly has anything to do with being banned at all, this is all IC issue up until the hostile point, which as I stated early, was me reacting to the overly aggressive officer who magdumped into me when I was about to surrender.

Considering the number of previous bans, and the overall tenor of the incident today, this is a QC ban citing both the generally unacceptable composure and LRP behavior conducted throughout. Central would not encourage or allow this behavior in their employees.
Two year old bans. With no issues prior on the RP server. I'd also argue that central wouldn't hire supercops that instantly whip out a stun baton the moment someone so much as says no to an order, and the literal demeanor of the RP server as of late has been explicitely stated to want to be looser. Again, I'm not arguing that my hostility towards the end doesn't warrant punishment, but quoting a quality control ban is going 0-100 on an incident that, from what another head admin is stating, was perfectly fine up until the issue.

Side comments, the venting happened towards the latter end of me resisting, and the officer opted to instead continue to manhunt me despite all of that, even when I was talking to the captain about it all. Having a security officer continue to paincrit you and drag you through vented areas should have been addressed, along with them magdumping me, literally refusing to let me pay the fine and "adjusting" the sentence so it was 20 minutes, and reading the statement of appeal to also deny that when there was an active CD. Their insane aggressiveness was met with aggressiveness back, ultimately.

From the SoP "According to NanoTrasen Criminal Processing Policy, you are entitled to appeal your case to an Internal Affairs Agent at this time, if such is available. Should you accept this offer, be advised your criminal processing may be delayed until your agent is satisfied with the case. If they rule in favor, they will contact the Head of Security on your behalf. If accepted, you will be released or your sentence will be reduced. If at any time, the Internal Affairs agent, the Head of Security, or the Colony Director rejects your appeal, your sentence will be unaffected."

This doesn't state you can appeal too the Captain/FD this states that if the Captain/FD REJECTS your appeal at any time, your sentence will be unaffected..the only organization you can appeal too is IA..and you can as a prisoner FAX CentCom too get a CCO too act AS IA if you think your sentence is unjustified.

Also yeah you forget that what started all of this, was your character yelling in my character's face about having something they couldn't have because it was from Santa, then when they asked too see it you pulled it out for a second (btw the flashbang and smoke grenade sprites are the same in hand..you can check for yourself). Then my character asked for it..and you proceeded too throw it and run away, while doing the water tank pull strat..which just reminded me of Fulp station so much I had flash backs.. and then taunting over radio/PDA...like seriously my character only pulled a taser when you threw the grenade and then proceeded too run..NOTHING about that encounter is "Super cop" when you run, you're gonna be met with force..I dunno what you expect really..you already destroyed the potential rp..

As for dragging you through a vented area, you already tried too escape multiple times as I had already caught you, the RP levels were off the charts with how much you were trying too get away..I know you won't accept this..but WE WERE IN the elevator on deck 1 with the CE, I took the elevator UP too deck 4, the CE proceeded too open the emergency barrier..so the current choice here is, sit in the elevator and ride it down too somewhere and pray too the space gods that we have enough air too get there by the time it breaks OR push forward too the brig..and I choose too do one.. at the pain of my character and yours, you're acting like I DIDN'T B line it too the brig with no protection gear either..

Also yeah I love being harassed in looc and discord for trying too rp.. and following the SoP.. like seriously.. you lied too me in discord stating you had no previous issues, I found out that was a lie and that you were mass contacting every admin on the face of the earth and so I elected too ignore it.. Ultimately it really could of been a simple situation but then the gamer tactics had too come in, and the LOOC harassment as well. I didn't care about the situation till it became "Haha me gonna hide in locker for whole round and taunt non stop calling my character a dumbass for doing their job" (oh and giving you a MINOR CHARGE.. too begin with..you literally could of stood still and paid a fine and that would of been it)

And let's not even address the point that you DELETED your security records (while I was filling them in by resisting out of handcuffs), AND assaulted my character after you were ALREADY out of the brig..

EDIT: I don't play security or IA (yes I play IA I know the SoP...that's why when people try too debate it IC I have too take a step back and go.. wow alright) on a HRP server for mechanics.. I don't like SS13's combat that's why I'm IN a primarily rp server. I can deal with the combat if needed but it is and never will be the most enjoyable part of the game for me.. so when you/your character has dragged so much shit behind them..that you CAN'T move.. the RP potential has already died in a hole fifty years ago, and you are FULLY submitting too mechanics.. running isn't about rp anymore, its about how fast can I get red man away from me ESPECIALLY running while doing gamer strats like dragging stuff behind you. The fact that you're upset that after taunting a character and doing strats like that, they would respond with no fancy /me is amazing..

EDIT 2 Electric Boogaloo: Sorry I blanked out, you only served Max Time as ordered by the Captain for Resisting arrest which is 20 minutes, if you were also going to be serving brig time for the INITAL rule break and resisting arrest, which wasss.. Failure to Execute an Order, your brig timer would of been 25 minutes.. I explained this ICly and offered for you too pay the 500 Thaler fine while in the processing area waiting for the air too come back from the outside.. I even stated "I know the situation outside so obviously you can't get the money now" ICly.. but then you proceeded to assault my character and then it sorta went down hill from there :) alright sorry I'll stop clogging the chain.
Last edited by royalderg on Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raiq

Post by raiq »

Yeah, I was PDAing you asking why you were being so hyper-aggressive.

I apologized to you in DMs for taking it a bit far, but I did not lie to you, feel free to blow it out of proportion. You repeatedly flashed me and stunned me while I was cuffed, keeping me in unconcious pain crit unable to respond, period, and went 0-100 unga rush over a smoke grenade in the first place. A head admin already stated this is a well known issue with you, all bets were off for me when you decided to scream "on the ground" and magdump a taser while my text box was up, literally responding. I didn't resist cuffs, you attempted to aggressive grab me down stairs which does not work and results in me floating above the stairs, which I moved from and you, again, paincritted me when I went away from the stairs so I didn't fall down the stairs. I should have stopped when the emergency happened, and I was actually talking to the captain, when it was going on, before you again rushed into the picture acting like I had murdered someone.

Xiangfei

Post by Xiangfei »

Disclosure: I wasn't there for said incident.

I just wanted to chime in here that I've never personally had any problems with the way they play on the server. Every time I've interacted with their character has been fairly pleasant, if a little bit unusual at times. She and Seneshi had developed some rapport between the two of them. While I would say that they can be pretty silly at times, I honestly don't think that their actions constituted a permaban from the server (especially not on a clean record) based on what I've read if they've had no infractions in quite some time. I'd vouch for them, if my word has any weight.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Well, it wasn't my intent to belabor the issue here. I've largely been busy elsewhere. To keep this relatively short and to the point, I believe in giving players the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. I also believe that, most of the time when you think someone should know better, the reality is that they do know better. I did not directly witness your past bans and appeals on the server, but I have been witness to plenty of discussions from multiple perspectives regarding your general conduct. During the matter covered here, which resulted in your ban, I watched people reliably predict - almost to the minute - how you would react to your arrest. When you say "Oh I just got really upset and it's super rare and I don't know what got into me", that rings pretty hollow when everyone who's watching can call the shots before they land.
In most cases I'm a notable proponent of transparent procedure and - some would say - maybe a bit too fond of public arguments or heated debates. Your general conduct when it comes to frankly aggressive admin shopping and directly engaging with non-Staff leaves me heavily disinclined to cite the numerous personal player complaints that were brought to me regarding your behavior. For the record, the vast majority of these complaints were brought to me after I QC banned you, so they didn't color my decision. It also spoke volumes to me regarding the generally negative impact you've had on the community that so many people approached me with their concerns only after they no longer had a reasonable fear that they might face reprisal from you.
You were not permabanned on the back of one shitty reaction to being arrested. You were permabanned because during that shitty reaction, everyone who was watching failed to express any emotion other than a tired resignation that you were acting the same way you always did. You had chances prior to my tenure. I have no interest in perpetuating an unhealthy environment on RP, and I believe your presence is detrimental. For that reason, I have no intention of lifting this ban.

Edit: I'm going to move this thread to Denied, as well. Usually I lock threads when I move them, but I'll leave this one open.
Edit 2: Apparently this locked when I moved it. I'm going to try locking and unlocking it. If that doesn't work, I guess this will actually just stay locked, counter to what I said above.