[Vincent/JWhitt] Forrest#5032 - Discord - "Toxicity"

buffalowing

Re: [Vincent/JWhitt] Forrest#5032 - Discord - "Toxicity"

Post by buffalowing »

Zeldazackman wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:58 pm
While I'd rather you be unbanned from the discord promptly, sadly it would seem to not be the case considering the... I guess current drama being brought up here that seems to have folks get in a twist?

I'd say redo the appeal in about a month or so as you're not a bad person, just folks are in an odd position currently (And the push to cancel/censor is ever-growing)
forrest is a bad egg, that won't change in a month

there's trans people in this community, dude posted cringe and got ratio'd in memes which was funny

Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Vincent Airin wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:40 pm
Alright, enough is enough with this nonsense. If you're not going to use this ban appeal to actually appeal this ban anymore, staff are going to render judgement on it and approve or deny it accordingly. As it stands, you've railroaded this into something rather abysmal already. Gonna give it another 24 hours for judgement.
Like I told kevinz (admittedly poorly wrote it out due to post-surgery meds and all), I ain't gonna pick more fights with Justin, at the very least intentionally. If there's any conflict between us afterword, then I'll be making sure to not instigate anything. I'm not even gonna deny I instigated some of it, as I was the one who two weeks ago or so just outright called out Justin publicly on my grievances with him. But me calling him a dentbrain in passing being worthy of a permaban on top of that is ridiculous, and the fact he can go to staff chat and just demand "something be done" as "retired staff" is fucking dumb. Why do retired staff even have access to that channel? If it's so they can relay information from other servers they might admin in, make an external staff channel or some shit like Desert Rose did, like god damn. At this point the appeal went from me trying to tell all of you that the ban reason was stupid to me and Justin having a fight for half a week. I'm not gonna get on my knees and beg for forgiveness over this, I'm just gonna say that yeah, I was at fault for some of the conflict and let anger get the better of me, and that I'll avoid it in the future especially now that I've actually had most of my biggest problems in my life removed. Most of my anger issues were coming in from chronic issues such as my wisdom teeth digging into my skull or money trouble, and now that most of the issues are over I'm not gonna let my anger flare up intentionally. I'm not gonna make any promises that I'll never have problems with people again or that I won't have moments of "toxicity" because everyone makes mistakes, but I'll at least promise to not intentionally do it. Not like I have been doing shit intentionally in the first place for the most part.
buffalowing wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 am
Zeldazackman wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:58 pm
While I'd rather you be unbanned from the discord promptly, sadly it would seem to not be the case considering the... I guess current drama being brought up here that seems to have folks get in a twist?

I'd say redo the appeal in about a month or so as you're not a bad person, just folks are in an odd position currently (And the push to cancel/censor is ever-growing)
forrest is a bad egg, that won't change in a month

there's trans people in this community, dude posted cringe and got ratio'd in memes which was funny

As for you this one, what the fuck does this even mean? "There's trans people in this community" what does that have to do with any of this? Only thing I've ever said related to that in Cit is telling one admin in memes encouraging people to take HRT on a whim and that nothing bad can happen from it is a bad fucking idea, something I'm all too familiar with after having a friend struggling with severe gender dysphoria get convinced by people on the internet to skip real therapy and take HRT, resulting in them going down a path of making their issues with depression and identity fucking worse.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

Forrest wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:53 am
and the fact he can go to staff chat and just demand "something be done" as "retired staff" is fucking dumb. Why do retired staff even have access to that channel? If it's so they can relay information from other servers they might admin in, make an external staff channel or some shit like Desert Rose did, like god damn
That was me adminhelp-ing.
Like I said.

I don't have access to any staff channels.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I'll support an unban eventually and mostly think this is a situation that should normalize cool-off bans--if you'll believe it, I've been subject to a few of those myself, and they were usually pretty effective. Just not allowing me to talk for an hour or so, sort of thing.

Of course, the problem here is replying to JWhit. Don't... do that. Your responses seem to have some sort of "if I don't address this, his influence will lead to my permanently being gone", but, uh... no?
Forrest wrote:
Only thing I've ever said related to that in Cit is telling one admin in memes encouraging people to take HRT on a whim and that nothing bad can happen from it is a bad fucking idea, something I'm all too familiar with after having a friend struggling with severe gender dysphoria get convinced by people on the internet to skip real therapy and take HRT, resulting in them going down a path of making their issues with depression and identity fucking worse.
while it's true that one should definitely be getting therapy too (this is true for most people and most medical treatments for mental health in general, not just HRT), also consider that this is the memes channel and that some people actually legitimately might be enthusiastic about it and not expecting it to solve all their problems

Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Putnam wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:59 pm
I'll support an unban eventually and mostly think this is a situation that should normalize cool-off bans--if you'll believe it, I've been subject to a few of those myself, and they were usually pretty effective. Just not allowing me to talk for an hour or so, sort of thing.

Of course, the problem here is replying to JWhit. Don't... do that. Your responses seem to have some sort of "if I don't address this, his influence will lead to my permanently being gone", but, uh... no?
Forrest wrote:
Only thing I've ever said related to that in Cit is telling one admin in memes encouraging people to take HRT on a whim and that nothing bad can happen from it is a bad fucking idea, something I'm all too familiar with after having a friend struggling with severe gender dysphoria get convinced by people on the internet to skip real therapy and take HRT, resulting in them going down a path of making their issues with depression and identity fucking worse.
while it's true that one should definitely be getting therapy too (this is true for most people and most medical treatments for mental health in general, not just HRT), also consider that this is the memes channel and that some people actually legitimately might be enthusiastic about it and not expecting it to solve all their problems
I mean considering how some people on the Cit discord I'm still able to talk to have been telling me about how Justin and a bunch of others were openly saying I'm not getting unbanned anyway from the get-go, and that Justin himself was breaking his own "don't shittalk banned people so much" rule in said channel by saying he should actually come into this thread to insult me, I think I have a right to say yeah he's an asshole and is using his own popularity to influence people's opinions, especially with him trying to drown out my own points with severely out of context screencaps from weeks or even months ago, some of them from over half a damn year ago. If it's all some big misunderstanding as some people seem to believe, then this is quite the fucking route to be taking. At this point I'm not even gonna comment on the HRT situation anymore because it's something nobody's gonna actually look into and they'll just take Buffy's word because admins on Cit seem to be able to just voice their side of things and have it matter more by default.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

Forrest wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:23 am
and that Justin himself was breaking his own "don't shittalk banned people so much" rule in said channel by saying he should actually come into this thread to insult me,
1. You mean when I was asking for other people to come into this topic, because it was just you and me for days? https://i.imgur.com/KEEDoVm.png
2. This? https://i.imgur.com/qoGfmg9.png
Where I specifically said it was a bad idea?
After you were saying I was insulting you? Actually throwing an insult? Yeah that would feel nice to throw an insult, but, I knew I shouldn't, and didn't.

Also, I super don't have a "don't shittalk banned people so much". I don't reveal personal information, but, I've 100% laughed at people who have failed ban appeals, I'm not going to lie.
Forrest wrote:
I think I have a right to say yeah he's an asshole and is using his own popularity to influence people's opinions, especially with him trying to drown out my own points with severely out of context screencaps from weeks or even months ago, some of them from over half a damn year ago. If it's all some big misunderstanding as some people seem to believe, then this is quite the fucking route to be taking.
My point was reinforcing what you were saying before. You were saying that you had outrages and held grudges against people. That won't go away, as per yourself.

You getting unbanned would mean constant arguments now between you and me. There's no way I can see anything else happening.

Forrest

Post by Forrest »

MrJWhit wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:37 am
Forrest wrote:
and that Justin himself was breaking his own "don't shittalk banned people so much" rule in said channel by saying he should actually come into this thread to insult me,
1. You mean when I was asking for other people to come into this topic, because it was just you and me for days? https://i.imgur.com/KEEDoVm.png
2. This? https://i.imgur.com/qoGfmg9.png
Where I specifically said it was a bad idea?
After you were saying I was insulting you? Actually throwing an insult? Yeah that would feel nice to throw an insult, but, I knew I shouldn't, and didn't.

Also, I super don't have a "don't shittalk banned people so much". I don't reveal personal information, but, I've 100% laughed at people who have failed ban appeals, I'm not going to lie.
Forrest wrote:
I think I have a right to say yeah he's an asshole and is using his own popularity to influence people's opinions, especially with him trying to drown out my own points with severely out of context screencaps from weeks or even months ago, some of them from over half a damn year ago. If it's all some big misunderstanding as some people seem to believe, then this is quite the fucking route to be taking.
My point was reinforcing what you were saying before. You were saying that you had outrages and held grudges against people. That won't go away, as per yourself.

You getting unbanned would mean constant arguments now between you and me. There's no way I can see anything else happening.
Or I just ignore you and anything you say by keeping you blocked like I should've ages ago.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Forrest is posting cringe but it's literally not possible to just "skip therapy" and get HRT. I read what you're talking about. They never even made that assertion, and it's insane you thought they were. You really do need a break.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

I'm just gonna go ahead and move this to Denied. This thread turning into a three page argument doesn't really dispel the impression of toxicity.