Head of Staff Jobban

Thranos

Head of Staff Jobban

Post by Thranos »

BYOND Name: Thranos

Reason Banned: [font=Whitney, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]You, or another user of this computer, (thranos) is banned from playing [Heads of Staff]. The ban reason is:
Signed on as CE, went braindead within the first 30 mintues. Has been warned and punished for this in the past.
[/font]

Admin who banned you: ThingPony

Length Banned: Appears to be permanent.

Appeal Reason: Yes, I'm aware I've done this a few times in the past. However, please consider the particulars surrounding this case. It was, first and foremost, 5AM EST, and I had been awake for quite some time. It also bears mentioning that this was an Extended Round. I set up the solars, checked for other situations Engineering may have needed to attend to, and then realized that I was getting pretty sleep deprived when I couldn't figure out how cable coils worked, and so I went into an engineering area, logged off, and nearly fell up the stairs on my way to bed.

Yes, I am aware that I'm supposed to AHelp before logging off as a Head of Staff. However, I was not in a state of particularly coherent thought at the time, now was this done out of maliciousness, or in a huff from being angry at something. It was, again, 5AM, and I had been up for quite some time. This isn't like the one time where I got exceedingly frustrated and shoved the Telebaton up my nose then logged off. It was a simple mistake in the throes of sleep deprivation- I merely forgot to alert staff that I was leaving. TalkingCactus and, presumably ThingPony, can confirm that it was indeed 5AM EST (give or take) when I left.

If ThingPony feels that a ban is still warranted after reading this and considering it, I ask that it instead be reduced to somewhere between a few days and a week, rather than permanent, which I feel is unduly harsh for an honest mistake.
Last edited by Thranos on Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThingPony

RE: Head of Staff Jobban

Post by ThingPony »

Considering we could have gave you tickets instead, and since your at 17 tickets, it could have been a lot worse of a punishment. Players in a head role are subject to more severe punishment. So it was either add one to three tickets, since it was a repeat offence, which would of gave you either a three month ban, or a perma ban, we decided to take it easy on you and give you a headban instead. While I understand that it was late, it doesn't take but two seconds to hit F1 and say at least, "Gotta go".

Appeal Denied.

Thranos

RE: Head of Staff Jobban

Post by Thranos »

I'm aware it's quite easy to hit F1 and say that, but again, 5AM and sleep deprived. The thought did not even once cross my mind, mostly due to the fact that it was becoming difficult to keep a coherent train of thought.

What is the intended duration of this ban?