Citadel Station 13 - Server Merge Suggestions

shoopymon

RE: Citadel Station 13 - Server Merge Suggestions

Post by shoopymon »

I say no, Don't merge the servers.

The main server is great and all, and I can see why you might want everyone to play it, but the MicroStation server is great to go to when you're tired of dealing with the people on the server who spend their time skirting the line on the main server so they can ruin other people's play experience. I've gone to MicroStation a few times and the people there are usually significantly nicer to each other. Microstation is also nice to go to when you want to relax and enjoy some extended round time to learn your job better.

Maybe if more time was spent cleaning up the main server of people who skirt the line (1.7) then it would make sense to then start the discussion of whether or not the servers should be merged, but at the moment the communities on each of them are wildly different and merging them could only be a problem for people who often spend time on MicroStation.

TL;DR: The communities between the servers are too different for a merge to make sense right now, things need to change before it happens or a quite a few good people will probably leave citadel altogether.

If you read this, thanks. 

-- Dvolkii Shjedja

Weylin

Post by Weylin »

If you do away with with the shitty objectives that only excavate entire fucking salt mines, that would be good.
Assassinations, nuke ops, preventing crew from using shuttle, etc.

Go for something like kidnapping or implant injections and not all this round ruining murderbone horse shit.
I really just refuse to play Secret for as long as there are tryharding 5+ year vets steamrolling the entire crew because they /can/, not because they have to.
Nobody likes getting murdered 10 minutes in and having to sit it out or play drone for 3 hours.

Discourage mass-murders, executions, assassinations, and go for something that can open up some interesting counter play.
Last edited by Weylin on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bubbadoo

Post by Bubbadoo »

I say no to merging.
I don't see why you'd feel the need to merge the servers. Both sides are fine being separated from each other. The extended server is nice, I like how peaceful it is even though it can get boring. It can cool me off after getting angry at something on the main server doing my bad days, days were I lack in sleep and am in turn irritable which happens more than I'd like to admit.

Though I am glad something is being done about the little shits on the server that strive to just be assholes just because they can. I might just start playing on the server more, again. It's just that a couple days or so events had left a rather sour taste in my mouth, but I really hope things get better, I really do.

DeepIndigo

Post by DeepIndigo »

Amiga wrote: Yeah but you're duke "Steal the entire armory because metagrudge" so y'know. Also how do you griff a command channel. Also what kind of insult is "memes" but okay i'm getting sidetracked. As long as I have my gimmicks I'm happy.
Except I don't play Duke. I don't even play any male characters period.

Bubbadoo

Post by Bubbadoo »

DeepIndigo wrote:
Amiga wrote: Yeah but you're duke "Steal the entire armory because metagrudge" so y'know. Also how do you griff a command channel. Also what kind of insult is "memes" but okay i'm getting sidetracked. As long as I have my gimmicks I'm happy.
Except I don't play Duke. I don't even play any male characters period.
Yeah, Duke's Ckey is Crazyty10, ditto with Skype, so I don't think he goes by any other handle.

Krypton Osmium

Post by Krypton Osmium »

Bubbadoo wrote: I say no to merging.
I don't see why you'd feel the need to merge the servers. Both sides are fine being separated from each other. The extended server is nice, I like how peaceful it is even though it can get boring. It can cool me off after getting angry at something on the main server doing my bad days, days were I lack in sleep and am in turn irritable which happens more than I'd like to admit.

Though I am glad something is being done about the little shits on the server that strive to just be assholes just because they can. I might just start playing on the server more, again. It's just that a couple days or so events had left a rather sour taste in my mouth, but I really hope things get better, I really do.
I can agree with this mindset. There are a lot of people who are just assholes because they can get away with it, and there's not as many outright toxic people on the extended server. It's just generally more pleasant to play, not even due to the rules but just because the playerbase doesn't give me cancer.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

There is no way you're going to please both sides.

I like the RP server because I don't have to worry about antags or validhunters or "memers". I don't have to worry about somebody ruining my conversation by gunning me down without a word, and I don't have to worry about being murdered after being brainwashed (cult, rev, sling, gang) even if there are non-lethal ways of deconversion that can easily be done.

One could argue that antags and death is a part of SS13 that we have to deal with, but I don't think you should have to if that's not your thing.

Additionally, the longer rounds of the RP server not only allow for better RP, but it also allows for better gameplay progression. Engineering projects, in particular, benefit from the longer time. Nobody wants to build if they're going to be interrupted half-way by the shuttle.

The relay also has pokemon. Come on, you can't beat that.
Awoo

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

I mean what do you expect from a low rp to med rp server like. Lynching friendly wizards is a great pastime for all the family. i mean with klara (no offense bby) They are pretty great for fun but they never actually do their job.
Last edited by Amiga on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krypton Osmium

Post by Krypton Osmium »

Amiga wrote: I mean what do you expect from a low rp to med rp server like. Lynching friendly wizards is a great pastime for all the family. i mean with klara (no offense bby) They are pretty great for fun but they never actually do their job.
If your method of fun is senseless slaughter with little to no in-character justification then sure. But the people on the relay station think it's fun to actually let gimmicks and stuff play out. If we get a merge, I expect RP to be enforced, and if it isn't i'm gonna be upset.
cebutris wrote: There is no way you're going to please both sides.

I like the RP server because I don't have to worry about antags or validhunters or "memers". I don't have to worry about somebody ruining my conversation by gunning me down without a word, and I don't have to worry about being murdered after being brainwashed (cult, rev, sling, gang) even if there are non-lethal ways of deconversion that can easily be done.

One could argue that antags and death is a part of SS13 that we have to deal with, but I don't think you should have to if that's not your thing.

Additionally, the longer rounds of the RP server not only allow for better RP, but it also allows for better gameplay progression. Engineering projects, in particular, benefit from the longer time. Nobody wants to build if they're going to be interrupted half-way by the shuttle.

The relay also has pokemon. Come on, you can't beat that.
I also think that the longer rounds with nothing going on are kinda lame. I love it when we get antags and stuff, just not murderboning antags who just wordlessly gun people down, and the validhunters who spout memes the entire time are just as bad.
Last edited by Krypton Osmium on Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duckface22

Post by Duckface22 »

+1 for banning validhunters and changing Rule 4.8. If people want to hunt antags, make them have to sign up as Security.