[GlowingVerity] - Whitelist Application

GlowingVerity

[GlowingVerity] - Whitelist Application

Post by GlowingVerity »

BYOND Name:

Glowing Verity (with a space)

Time on primary Server:

I have no idea, but I have all the roles unlocked and have played over 100 rounds as of 6/16/17. At one hour per round, that equates to 100+ hours of two years of on-and-off play, as far as I know. 

Space Station 13 Experience:

I've been playing SS13 since 2014, when a friend of mine introduced it to me. I drifted between servers as a low-tier troll and minge in most of 2014 but eventually settled down on Apollo HRP under Laser50. This was way before the whole deal with Donnovan and the coup. I quit SS13 in late 2014-early 2015 so I wasn't around for the drama surrounding Apollo but when I came back in late 2015, Apollo was for all intents and purposes gone, and I spent most of my SS13 time playing on Hippie and Yog until CM became popular again. After it really set in that CM was becoming much bigger than it deserved and that it was definitely going to the staffs' heads, I quit in early 2017. I've mostly played on Citadel on and off since then, with pretty regular play so far for May and June. 

Roleplaying Experience:

I've been roleplaying for about as long; the friend that got me into SS13 also got me into DarkRP on Garry's Mod, but I also did a lot of roleplaying with in the Homestuck fandom on MSPARP and Cherubplay. Do I regret Homestuck? Yes. Did it get me into RP at large? Yes. Ever since then, I've always had at least one text-based RP on at least one site going on, in addition to RP on Steam and now Discord. 

Number of kicks/bans on primary server (Be truthful, we can check):

None, as far as I know. Again, I've been very on-and-off and usually 'loyal' to other servers. I've never done anything serious or round-ruining, as I'd remember that much, but I've definitely been bwoinked for being too robust or combative in my interpretation of IC law (synth laws, SOP, space law). 

Are you willing to follow the rules to the dot? (Failure to do so will result in a ban and blacklist from the whitelist server):

I am! As an extension of my answer above, being in an environment where RP will be used to solve problems to a much greater degree will definitely help. In a position where my robustness won't make people ahelp for losing a fight and a community much more open to handling things IC for the sake of immersion, I feel I've definitely fit in more. I've never purposely broken the OOC server rules on Citadel, and will do my absolute best to continue this spirit on Citadel RP. 

What reason(s) do you feel would make you applicable for this server?:

Again, sort of an extension of this same answer. I dislike having to use SS13's combat system to solve issues and the culture of robust-or-be-robusted is destructive to HRP as I used to enjoy it. As much as I used to like Laser50, his rules were incredibly harsh and and the Apollo admins ran a very tight ship. Inversely, however, he often forced players to handle violations of IC law and IC procedure in character. I'm very adapted to this culture and I can see such a culture- a constructive, friendly, immersive culture- being cultivated on Citadel RP. I'd like to return to my people, so to speak. I hope that's a good enough reason! I just feel like I'd fit in pretty well and my experience in the Citadel community would increase exponentially once I get away from validhunting and nonstop ganking, to a more immersive experience.

Jay

RE: [GlowingVerity] - Whitelist Application

Post by Jay »

Approved.