by popular demand

Ragolution

by popular demand

Post by Ragolution »

Youtube player is trash: here's some music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2K91QSqJE
"I could never belong to you."
BYOND ckey: Ragolution

Character name:  John Holiday, Rene Carpentier, Apollonia Soun, D.E.C.O.Y., ADVENT

Discord Username (+user id): Ragolution#5009

How long have you played on Citadel?: Since 2015? I dunno, check for me.

How long have you played SS13?: Long enough that lifeweb lets me play on it. 2012.

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: My hours are very erratic, in truth, and they end up varying between Oceania times and normal american EST times. If it helps, my timezone is GMT -5. If I need to pick between the 'Oceania' and 'EST' timezones, I will.

Previous SS13 related admin experience:
*  Moderator, then Admin, then Moderator, then Admin of Citadel. (www.cit- wait)

Previous non-SS13 related admin experience:

Chronologically
*  Moderator, then Admin, then Co-Owner of a WoW AllGM Server called MASSCHAOS that I slowly morphed into an RP server. (20-40 players.)
*  Moderator of a Vanilla WoW server called WoW-Voltage
*  Moderator, then Admin of a Fallout RP Gmod Server (Hypergamernetwork) (15-20 players)
*  Moderator, then Admin, then Owner of a Minecraft server (Hypergamernetwork) ( 60+ players )
*  Owner/Director of a different Minecraft server in the same community (Upwards of 35 players until its death.)
*  Currently still a Supervisor/Manager for that community (but the community kinda died.)
*  Dungeon Master (Event Staff), then Staff (admin), then Dungeon Master Manager (Event Team Leader) on a WoW Rp server (35-50 players) (Paragon-rp.com)

If you had to ask me, I would say I was in my best capacity when managing the Dungeon Master team in the Paragon community.

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: 

Reason for application: I wanna do events on CitMain and help alleviate the workload some people have. People've told me it's a little bit boring without me, there, now, so I'm here to bnring back the magic. Hopefully I don't just fuck it all up.

Q1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
A1. If the matter pertains to the server, attempt to moderate it or suppress it to appropriate channels. If it has nothing to do with the server, break it up and tell them to deal with it on their own time. If it seems serious enough that it might cause some kind of in-game issue (ie. Metagrudge) keep wary of it and maybe mention it to other administrators.

Q2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
A2. Recuse themselves. If there are admins online, they should be willing and able to step in as the Admin team should form a cohesive, functional unit, or, in the case that other Admins are not online, help should be requested either in the admin chat or via PMs or something. Adminhelping with de-admin is a bad idea. In the event that no additional administration personnel are available, Admins should make the best, most impartial decision that they are able to make. In the end, any flawed decisions can be appealed and set 'right'.

Q3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
A3. By three counts: Severity, repeat offense and profiling. There are punishment guidelines in the rules, but for the most part, punishment will escalate with what is done, how often it is done, and who it is done by. Many may not like it, but those who repeatedly cause issues will recieve harsher punishments.

Q4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
A4. IDEALLY when not exercising their capacity as a moderator/admin and ESPECIALLY when playing as a Security, Head or Antagonist role, or engaging in activities that either directly benefit, cooperate or aid with any of these forces. Some minor pardon can be given for someone playing Engineer and patching up the station willy-nilly, but it's always better to have it disabled so there's no way you can, either abuse it or be accused of abusing it when you have not. This has always been THE most important Admin Guideline to me.

Q5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
A5. The ability to be mature, handle difficult and, infact, stressful situations of interpersonal conflict. An admin should be able to calmly, and rationally, approach an issue that a player is having or be able to identify violations of the rules and guidelines of the server and deliver fair and meaningful arbitration to the perpetrators, be they guilty or otherwise.

Additional note:

For those interested, I have resigned from Admin, twice, due to an inability to maintain good activity. I would rather leave an empty chair than a half-full one.
If it is necessary, I would be comfortable with the role of Moderator, but do enjoy the full capacity of being a GameAdmin.

And it's not just all the shiny buttons, I promise.

I realise this application is no guarentee of me getting the desired, or any, position, and in the event that I am not chosen for adminsitrator or staff, I completely understand. I hope that my previous performance as GameAdmin will speak for me better than any application could.

CALL SpinAnimation(2,-1) ON /obj/screen/plane_master
Last edited by Ragolution on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

geemiesif

RE: by popular demand

Post by geemiesif »

Speedmin them.

madamheichou

Post by madamheichou »

+999  :heart:

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

To be honest, I'm just now finding out about you recently, and already want you back on the team myself. Even though I can only give my ideals and viewpoints towards those I see, I would hand out my vote due to the sheer like it seems that all the admins and headmin's have towards you. Best of luck to you getting into the staff team! <3
Last edited by StellarWolf on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

-1 cus u didnt ask my permsision to use my likeness in yr image

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

johnnyvitrano wrote: -1 cus u didnt ask my permsision to use my likeness in yr image
sry

Useroth

Post by Useroth »

+1, who wouldn't want Rago back?

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 for obvious reasons

oh wait this isn't just read by old staff anyways they're an old admin who was good and I like them.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

any one with a name so close to a delicious brand of sauce is good in my book.

that aside, they proved them self once-time to come out of retirement!
+1
I turn coffee into passing grades

SgtRyder

Post by SgtRyder »

+1 because I'm currently missing my spaghetti sauce and need Ragùlution for a replacement.

Also as far as I'm aware they do their job well and most likely better than me.