[Enzo_Leon] - [RP] Administrator Re-Application

Enzo_Leon

[Enzo_Leon] - [RP] Administrator Re-Application

Post by Enzo_Leon »

BYOND ckey: Enzo_Leon
Character name: Enzo Leon
Discord username (+user id): Enzo Leon #0001 ( 109165874962792448 )
How long have you played on Citadel?: Jan 2020
How long have you played SS13?: June 2019
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: PST - 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Minor Admin knowledge on Phoenix Station and Mithra Station. Host Work on Blight-Station (WIP)
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Employed by Amazon as a Global Account & Support Operations Manager. We handle support of triage, suspensions, issues with sellers and developers that are multi-million/billion third party companies. Also handles training and hiring of new employees for said org now.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: N/A

Reason for application: Okay, so. Obvious thing is I left, and now I'm back. My departure was a mix of RL issues and a few worries that were building over the same period when I was staffed here. The main issue was my RL job having a near breakdown and putting a lot of people out of work. With that and the stress from the server, and the passing of a close friend, and other personal matters my anxiety & stress was at a level that was not conducive to what I felt would be admin work for the server. Around this time, an old friend who actually got me into SS13 in the first place was talking of starting up a new project that will take a year+ and wanted me to help with the slow roll-out. With this being a much lower stress program I felt it was best to do this to keep my knowledge in the server innerworkings strong while I was on the RL front making sure that my job and others weren't ruined. Now, the jobs not only secured but we're now hiring new employees for a brand new team and I'm at the fore-front helping out with hiring the new staff. As such I dipped my hands back into more hands-on and active server and administration work. I've also been already sort of doing admin work as an EM with other admins and staff coming to me for help if I'm online, and been helping with AHELP tickets.

If people do not trust to have me back in the admin chair that's fine and I respect the decision on it as this is just my side on my sudden departure.

My original answers on my application still hold true to my thoughts and methods today with how admin work should go.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Reach out to them initially to please cease the public altercation and then privately message them both to figure out more information to get an idea as to what caused the altercation in the first place. If the altercation seems to be due to a heated argument but nothing of serious note I'd advise them to take a small break for a moment to cool off as everyone is prone to eventually having a disagreement on a matter.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If I'm involved in an issue that needs an admin intervention I would inform the other player that I'm reaching out to the admin team to handle this as a proper third party to provide and improve trust with the user to ensure that a fair judgement is passed depending on the situation involved. If there are no other admins on at the time of the issue, I would advise them I can either talk to them on the matter, or if they would prefer to have this still handled properly with another person to reach out to the admin team via the #admin-help discord channel and to tell them what information to include on the subject.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
An admin should, if the resolution of an issue requires punishment, to first look over the user in questions notes and previous history on the server. Then, the admin should also account for what rule was broken in this circumstance. If this was a minor issue (IE improper escalation on an issue, but was polite and worked with the admin team properly) and the user had no history of previous issues, than a warning would be issued and informing them that the note would still be added as such. Other situations would possibly require immediate intervention of a ban or suspension if someone was self-antagging and maxcapping the station, or someone deciding to spout out very hostile and improper content in OOC chat.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
An admin should be deadmin'd if they're playing in the round and it isn't an extended game-type round. Other reasons would be any role that would need a notice of ahelping for cryo, or really any head of staff/security role as the admin would get logs of bombs, break-ins' or other meta knowledge that would be a cause for bias on a player even if they didn't have IC knowledge of the issue beforehand.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Admins are expected to be a mediator for the players of the server, also a means for getting help on non conflict issues (like how something works, or about suggestions for changes, or who to contact for feedback). The admins should be polite and professional at all times while on-duty as an admin, and even when off-duty they should be able to help answer any immediate minor questions and if it is something that needs someone to look into, they can refer them on who would be best to contact. Admins also should have the opportunity to help with events, or figure out fun new little gimmicks for rounds now and again to mix up the constant flow we see on a day to day basis to keep stuff fresh and entertaining for our playerbase.

Captain277

Re: [Enzo_Leon] - [RP] Administrator Re-Application

Post by Captain277 »

Who's this new guy? Looks pretty lame. I dunno. I guess +1.

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Aye, it was good having you as an admin you massive home of sexual, +1

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

Idk, This guy is way too likable to be an admin.

He also like, runs around doing his job and stuff, and people like him?

Not to mention they're like Nice and generally a good person.

Real cute sometimes too.

We've got a reputation to protect here people, I dunno if they are citadel admin material.

+1