[Blue Wildrose] RP Admin Application

Blubelle

[Blue Wildrose] RP Admin Application

Post by Blubelle »

BYOND ckey: Blue Wildrose
Character name: Blubelle Rosa, Muu, Fizintine Poppy, etc.
Discord username (+user id): blubelle <166726429323689985>
How long have you played on Citadel?: On the Main server, for several years now. On the RP server, for at least two months so far.
How long have you played SS13?: I have no idea at this point. Started playing around 2012, been playing it on and off. Been playing it solidly for a good while since 2019 though.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT-6
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Adminned Citadel-Main for 2+ years, still ongoing (for what it's worth considering the server's kinda dead). Been already existing in Citadel-RP since 4/15/2023.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: (copypaste from old Main application) Previously have been a part of two gaming communities involving servers where I've moderated and upheld the rules in particular locations. Otherwise have administrated forums before.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: I dunno, whoever has a positive opinion on how I've been behaving in the last two months of existing on the RP server with admin permissions. Silicons was the one who tossed me admin here to begin with, and he's supported me being a Main admin previously.
Reason for application: I have had Game Admin rank on Cit-RP for about two months now due to Silicons just tossing it on me because I'm a main admin. I've even helped out with a few incidents, mostly on players who have been violating global rules that apply to both servers. I've also helped answer questions relating to the server as well. I figure I'll make my position on the server official, and not just some Main admin tuned in to the RP admin in-game discussion. I figure I'll actually help out for real.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:
Note that I've previously answered these questions in my old Main application here. My answers probably wouldn't change all that much from back then, even with the experience I have now. I'll share some things I've done on the Main or RP server to answer some of these questions this time.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
This has happened recently on the RP server on a pretty dramatic scale. I don't think all instances would have gone to the great extreme that it did that one time, so the answer probably wouldn't be "just quickly ban that guy having a meltdown" normally. However, the initial approach that was given to that player by the admin who took it - trying to calm them down and banning them with a "break" in mind, in particular I felt was the correct choice, and I'd like to start with that whenever I see something like this again. Nobody could have predicted someone having that nuclear of a meltdown.

If any admins don't know what I'm talking about, they can message me in admin chat to ask for clarification. But I'm pretty sure even normal players looking in here are likely to know what I'm talking about.

In general otherwise, it really depends on the situation as always. Altercations like these should usually be redirected elsewhere depending on what it's about. The above mentioned situation was a personal matter and it should have remained between the two. But since that one player tried to involve everyone else repeatedly on alternate accounts, they pretty much threw off any chance of themselves ever coming back.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Get another admin to diffuse the situation, as always. Back in Citadel-Main, I've abided by this pretty well, even pinging admins on Discord telling them that I need someone to handle a situation that I'm involved in often - some of which that have involved an ahelp against me even. I think the few times that I've didn't, it involved the obvious murderbone griefer types who were killing more than me if I was involved. Or just someone that's underaged, and outright admitted to being underaged.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
On Cit-Main, I've banned the obvious griefers and apparent single-digit hour bad-faith players quickly, and have ended up giving other players who seem in good faith but are struggling with the rules plenty of leeway usually, unless they're repeat offenders or just bad faith. This pretty much is reflective of my answer in 2020.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
I know that on RP, the times an admin should deadmin are a bit more lax, but it'd be still recommended if you're in a more intensive, involved role where meta knowledge might spoil some things - especially during events. Heads, or security during events, most certainly. Absolutely deadmin otherwise if you are recording the game for any reason, which I actually did do once on the server and deadminned for that situation. Sensitive admin information might leak otherwise.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
As expressed before, I feel it's more about leading the players by the spirit of the rules more than the letter of the rules, although the letter does still apply in specific cases. Professionalism, avoiding bias, so forth. Taking breaks when you feel like you're burning out or you're about to have a meltdown of your own, instead of blowing up in the middle of it and being embarrassing and disappointing as a result. Especially that, yes.

Monara

Re: [Blue Wildrose] RP Admin Application

Post by Monara »

Always seems to do well when I've been in game with them. +1

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

i love blubellel +1

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

I don't have any issues with this. +1!

timothytea

Post by timothytea »

they've been able to handle things well on main and have continued to do so on rp +1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Approved.