Monara

Monara - RP Staff Application

Post by Monara »

BYOND ckey: Monara
Character name: Mordrid Ryenne
Discord username (+user id): monara_
How long have you played on Citadel?: 6+ years
How long have you played SS13?: I forget, though it's over 6 years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: US east. Activity is frequent, but unscheduled.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Citadel
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Silicons, Sakuya, Keekenox, Blubelle, TrojanCoyote, Captain277
Reason for application: Re-applying after resigning roughly 3 months ago.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
De-escalate the situation (if required), or time both out for a very short while if they aren't receptive to warnings.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Call for another admin to handle the situation without bias.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Refer to the stated rules, and review the context of the actions to determine the player's intention. Check history to see if it's a pattern, and use it all to form a just punishment.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
During events where they are actively playing (optional), while under moderate influence of drugs/alcohol, and if higher staff requests it.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Professionalism during tickets, following the rules just as much as players do, respect for players and staff, and being a good representative of the server's rules and values.

Blubelle

Re: Monara - RP Staff Application

Post by Blubelle »

I did indeed agree to support Monara. Had a talk with them about some stuff.

+1

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

I agreed to support this application, after speaking with Monara I'm in full support of them receiving their staff position back.

+1

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Obviously +1, considering I agreed to support it before it was posted.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

Epic, based, and redpilled (or whatever it is zoomers say). This has been a long time coming.

Anyways just for official record, I have only one concern to raise.

While your prior tenure is pretty much exactly what I look for personally and frankly you have standards and administrative practice down to a T, I'd like to ask that issues arising from staff conflict/whatnot be brought up in staffchat more diplomatically this time around.

Things are far from perfect sometimes but we have methods to our madness and it's always better for people to discuss than to unnecessarily end up in a fight. Upset people just dig in their feet further, whether or not it's justified. I and the other head staff are here to enforce standards and deal with any yikes situation; nothing will be brushed under the rug etc etc you've known us for a while now regarding how we handle complaints and I'd like to believe that in general we're getting better about it when it comes to enforcement and handling when stuff is brought up.

If you understand and accept this, you have my full support.

timothyteakettle

Post by timothyteakettle »

I can't support this - your history of speaking down to other staff members, causing arguments, and generally being unhelpful in the way you butt heads with other staff makes me think you should not be returning as a staff member currently without any evidence that this behaviour has changed.

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Frankly, given how you acted when you were staff and how you treated other players as well as the staff team? I don't want to support this, I really don't think you're a good fit for the role. You haven't done anything so far that convinces me that you aren't going to return right back to acting this way, and I really don't want to deal with this sort of behavior again. It was tedious and stressful the first time, you were kind of a bully at points, and I really don't see much change that's there to convince me that my expectations are wrong. This goes without the run-on everyday events that you did that pretty much burned out the players, as that also was a huge negative over time given the overall nature of how they were ran and the frequency they were ran.

Auraknight

Post by Auraknight »

If this was an EM application, I'd give mt +1 immediately. As it stands, however, there's a lot of controversy surrounding this application, and while I can see the merits in both sides, I feel too conflicted initially to give a distinct vote one way or another. When it comes to being an admin, however, I view it as needing more then needing a reason to say no: It is about needing a reason to say yes. Thus, while I may overall personally not mind seeing you become staff once more, I cannot fully endorse this application.

DJKouta

Post by DJKouta »

I had written out a whole thing here, but realized it was kind of pointing out issues and I didn't want to come off as mean-spirited as I thought it was a bit. I'll just leave it at that I've had some really bad situations with you, and seen a handful of those kinds of situations as well, a main one being threatening other staff with demotions when you're not in a position to both do that, or say that.
I'm following Aura's mindset here as I share the sentiment. Applications for an administration position should not be a "why shouldn't they be an admin?", it should be a "Why should they be an admin?" and with the small time you've been back I've not seen enough to form a positive viewpoint that's different enough from what I saw before.

It's a -1 from me, though with your events having you around as an EM would be nice. You clearly put work into those and the players seem to like 'em.

SomeOldie

Post by SomeOldie »

So, I'll echo everyone else here about being concerned over your behavior. I don't really have more to say about that part that hasn't been said already. I actually really do want to give you the benefit of the doubt - people change.
Thing is, there's this nagging concern that I can't just bring myself past that no one else has really mentioned.
Let's clarify something first. You didn't quite resign; you straight up disappeared and barely said anything before you did. It's only a resignation in the technical sense as the last thing you said before dipping out was "I'm resigning." Still, there's a difference in reality between 'just resigning' and 'leaving altogether without warning,' regardless of what you said before leaving.
Now, I'm not going to judge you for whatever made you feel you needed to leave the server. Your reasons are your own, and there's plenty of things that are more important than this server. Whatever reason you thought was worthy was a good reason, no matter what anyone thinks. But regardless of that, you still disappeared.
Then, around three months later, you came back out of the blue. No more than two weeks later, you're reapplying for admin.
Why?
The stated reason in your application is just entirely insufficient. We don't know why you left, we don't know why you came back, and we don't know why you want to be an admin again after coming back. All we know is that after being back barely two weeks, you want to be an admin again.
Again, why?
My problem here isn't that you wrote all of one sentence for your reason. It's that it tells us absolutely, entirely nothing. And when one of the big points against you that people are mentioning is how you use your power, that is a severe issue.

As such, I do not feel comfortable at the prospect of you being an admin again. At least in the near future. Like I said, people change and I prefer the benefit of the doubt. But as it stands, today?