hm

Sk1Tz

hm

Post by Sk1Tz »

BYOND ckey: Sk1Tz
Character name: Stitches
Discord username (+user id): Sk1tz#9168
How long have you played on Citadel?: Around six months.
How long have you played SS13?: Early 2016.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 4:00PM EST - 12:00AM EST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Pfft. None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Some social media communities. 
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Not asking before submitting. That's cheap. 
Reason for application: Servers needs some spicing up. Creating/Setting/Managing up Events is my priority, since we're really lacking in that special fun department. Events only occur whenever few specific admins are on and only when they feel like it. These really rare occasions needs to be more common. Another issue I want to address is the lack of forum support. Barely anyone from the current staff even looks through the damn thing, let alone answer months long threads and whitelists that were waiting for some answer from anyone. This stuff needs to be considered, but no one but BlackMajor on occasion is willing to do that, so here I am. Lastly is the usual shift monitoring. I hear from some people that their ahelp/pray requests are never answered, so I want to be there for those people to help make their shift be a lot more engaging and fun. 

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Well, based on my many observations (and some personal experiences) of the current as well as past staff members' actions towards this kind a thing, as well as using some good ol' common sense, I can deduct that it should be declared that they stop, drop, and move along, and/or carry the conversation/argument to a more acceptable area of discussion, like personal DMs, or an appropriate Discord channel. 
2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Call/DM another admin to come in to judge. I mean, it'd be pretty biased of me if I handled my own case, now would it? 
3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Clearly varies, but it's very simple. Just using basic sense and a 2nd (possibly 3rd) opinion from another staff member is what you need to figure out what you need to do with rulebreakers. Besides, knowing myself, I am definitely going to need some assistance from those who've been enrolled in the staff team for awhile just to ensure I don't make mistakes.
4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be and act like the dad. Or the big brother. Can't be pulling rule breakage or greyshittery as before. Being an admin means you have the responsibility to ensure you, the people, and the community as a whole doesn't fall on its knees like some cripple. Has to remain fine tuned. Has to be enforced. Has to be properly cared for. Tldr; Be Gorgi/Bhijn, with some Black flair and a hint of all the rest of the notable admins that reside in the community today. But just better. *snap

StellarWolf

RE: hm

Post by StellarWolf »

Sk1tz...Okay. You wanted my opinion on your application, well here it is. Be prepared, because I won't hold nothing back. Just recently you started started a major fuss when I shared something personal with you, going to the discord and immediately calling out a specific person in anger. You also seem rather hotheaded at times. It's just as bad as when I made my first application, letting emotions control you. If it wasn't for that, you would have my support. I'm sorry, but I can't just say yes to this...
Last edited by StellarWolf on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!

kevinz000

RE: hm

Post by kevinz000 »

Similar but different to Robin's case, I do not think you have the thick skin and emotional neutrality required for a position that arbitrates between players.
You lose your cool too fast, even if people sometimes instigate.
Sometimes you've called people out in ways that leaves a lot to be desired, like a more diplomatic approach to arguments.
We all, including me, get in dumb arguments but your behavior both in game in the past (yeah get a little distance from it, you've definitely improved though!) and in discord up until now is not suitable.
I don't believe that you're ready for a staff position.

Worgilisk

Re: hm

Post by Worgilisk »

Apologies, but I can't find myself willing to support this application - too much of it seems reliant on the idea of you trying to make things 'fun', which alone can bring plenty of problems when done wrong, and your largely casual tone through the whole thing doesn't assure me you can be professional when the need demands it... which it oft will, as an admin.
Also, missing an entire question is bad form.

BlackMajor

Re: hm

Post by BlackMajor »

Ehhh.
While I've interacted with you a fair amount, you've always been rather quick to anger in a lot of circumstances and had been at the head of a lot of complaints in the past.
Yeah, you're better now, but I don't think you're over it all yet.
Sorry, going to have to give this my dissaproval.