theknightofaura RP Event Manager Application

Auraknight

theknightofaura RP Event Manager Application

Post by Auraknight »

BYOND Ckey: theknightofaura
Character Name: San Kun, Aura Talus, Miiks, Bastion + more
Discord Username (+user id): Auraknight#5417
Reason for Application: I love the concept of events and feel that there should be more of them. Personal interaction with said events is a minimal interest, largely on part of being a) nosey, and wanting to see what everyone else is doing during them, and b) getting enjoyment out of being able to implement interesting plot-lines over the course of a shift or three.
Team Applying For: (RP)

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?

Ensure I have a sufficient, if maybe a little open-ended for resolution direction, Unexpected damage mitigation, and a private announcment and clearing with other staff that the idea is valid.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?

To make events that are, above all else, enjoyable for the majority, if not the entirety, of the server to participate in, and, if nothing else, not hinder the enjoyment of players who are uninterested in participating while they're going on. (Also to avoid high-chaos events that are un-planned before the first shift extension announcement)

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?

Depending on the occupation layout of the currently active crew, it could be anything from a tiny series cultist attacks, to an away PoI, to a slightly 'realer' holodeck activation (With warning).

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?

Depending on how off the rails, the primary goal is to ensure everyone is having fun. If fun is being had, and I can easily adapt the plan to accommodate, do so. If it's heading in a direction that looks like it would be unenjoyable, attempt to re-direct attention to somewhere nicer, while putting up growingly dis-interesting things and dead-ends in the negative path. In either case, a light touch is required: overreaction just results in worse results.

Jaybirdnerd

Re: theknightofaura RP Event Manager Application

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

-1, here's why.

I don't believe a person with less than at least 3 months should apply for any staff roles. This includes Event Manager. It, along with other things (namely the Naming thing you've got going on with your characters and the word 'KNIGHT' as it breathes life into the 'Star Character' role that could be a thing let be a thing), prove to me you're not ready for this task at hand; and while I understand you might be willing and eager to undergo and be part of this particular section of staff albeit a limited role, it's not a good idea to let you in as EM because again, less than 3 months of playing. Come back when you've more time under your belt and more experience, then maybe I'll consider giving you +1. For now, my vote stays at a solid 'No.'

PastelPrinceDan

Re: theknightofaura RP Event Manager Application

Post by PastelPrinceDan »

Not sure how much weight my opinion holds here, but here goes nothing.

As Jay said, I believe you haven't been part of the community for nearly long enough to join staff - even if us EMs are sub-staff at best. It's still a pretty big role, and fresh newcomers don't really have a place in it, in my opinion.

Another point I agree with from Jay is the 'Star Character' thing. I'm sorry, but from what I've seen from your shadekin, and some other of your characters, I can't help but feel like you'd make your own characters the centers of your events.

Last point: "tiny series cultist attacks, to an away PoI". To be honest, we... don't want that. Explo-focused events and click-mob events are something we're trying to move away from.

All in all, it's going to be a -1 from me.