Staff Application: Amiga

Amiga

Staff Application: Amiga

Post by Amiga »

BYOND ckey:funkynuggets
Character name:Marie Atarime
Discord username (+user id):Yske#1732
How long have you played on Citadel?:Good question? I played it easily for over 1000 hours a year ago, only recently returning.
How long have you played SS13?: From around 2012.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?:GMT
Previous SS13 related admin experience:My own server is in the works for awhile, and we've gotten a small underground community.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience:I ran significant HL2RP server back when they were cool, Several garrys mod servers and a TF2 community.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:Kenzie
Reason for application: I am... Notorious in citadel, is the word? I've had my highs and lows. Becoming a mix of a villain and a hero by the community is one of the most bizzare experience I've had. While I've had bad experiences with this station and such, distancing myself for over a year. Recent events with a group I'd rather not name have caused me to think that all these rumors about myself in particular. The chinese whispers I've experience have gotten more bizarre over the years and caused me to be seen as some sort of super mega bad ass who was infamous for being so good for causing salt. This in turn caused notable people to try and copy these lies and become this twisted version to become cool and hip. (spoilers it really doesn't work.)

And seeing what that can do I'd rather put my little fame to good use and try and help the players of Citadel, and help new players where possible because let's be honest this game starting out is hell confusing. Basically, I want to right a few wrongs and use my five year experience of this game to help others. The only reason I got into space station in the first place was because my first game, I had killed a clown for killing all my corgi's and shit as I was cargo. The admin who I talked to wasn't mean, and just explained to me that it was against the rules and told me to revive the clown- all the while explaining game mechanics. While I forgot your name, spaceman you've helped me and that's what I wish to do for Cit.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention.
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?

If neither player complains, It's an IC issue. With them in the bar, they had viable escape routes and no reason to stay around after the first few punches. If there was an adminhelp that came through, I'd try to have a talk with player 2 while making sure Player 1 was stable. If they would listen then I'd simply explain about the rules, and force them to revive Player 1. If they didn't respond or had happen multiple times, I'd probably tell them what would happen and apply the necessary tickets.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?

I'd keep an eye on them until they did something. Take the bar shotgun? RCD? If it was something along those lines I'd ask what they were doing. Innocent before proven guilty, of course. If they don't respond or leave, I'd leave notes and keep an careful eye on them. If they actually attack someone or use it for malicious purpose then I'd have cause to ban them.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?

Did they talk in character? Put notes in for meta gaming and possibly apply a ticket for said meta game If not. If they don't seriously injure the security and gets killed without too much hassle, I don't see any reason to go further as it's security job to make sure the station is safe. If they demolish the security, revive them and admin jail the player while I try to get their side of the argument, then proceed as necessary from there. Repeated offenses would easily end in a ban without a question.
Ashley Williams says, "I love you, Marie.."
Ashley Williams says, "I-I do.. I really do."
The Boss has battered Ashley Williams in the head with the fire extinguisher!
The Boss says, "FUCK OFF MATE"
The Boss says, "MY HEART BELONGS TO HER"

cebutris

RE: Staff Application: Amiga

Post by cebutris »

Well, this is so out of the blue that it almost overflows into expected. I've heard of you back when I first started playing Citadel, and then poof, nothing. I only know rumors, really, but the rumors aren't all that good, and since I've not really seen you in action, I don't feel too comfortable with the idea of you being on the team.

THAT SAID, I am aware that you have recently been helpful to the staff, and the answers to the questions look pretty good. You get a solid neutral vote from me.
Awoo

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Who?

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

[quote="cebutris" pid='3239' dateline='1513220493']
Well, this is so out of the blue that it almost overflows into expected. I've heard of you back when I first started playing Citadel, and then poof, nothing. I only know rumors, really, but the rumors aren't all that good, and since I've not really seen you in action, I don't feel too comfortable with the idea of you being on the team.

THAT SAID, I am aware that you have recently been helpful to the staff, and the answers to the questions look pretty good. You get a solid neutral vote from me.
[/quote]
There was alot of drama and bad blood, especially with two admins I won't name that caused me genuine mental distress to a point I completely distanced myself from anything or person related to this server for awhile. Recent events have made me come to terms with it. And yeah, from what I've heard the rumours are pretty awful. I just wanted to have dumb stupid jokes rather then what seems to painting me as a master manipulator and player who knew every single level of the game and used it to their advantage every time.

Either way Kenzie and I are good friends and with how I haven't heard (too much) bad stuff I decided maybe to get a shot at admin again. At least that'll drop any notions of me being this anarchy causing... bad word?
Also Cebutris I swear you were around when I played. Near the start of my break I did use Mary rather then my main and I played on a phone, but I certainly remember seeing you around somewhat.
(Yes, that is possible and Yes, It's awful. https://imgur.com/a/krrKU )
[quote="deathride58" pid='3240' dateline='1513221022']
Who?
[/quote]
I was basically the most infamous person on the server at one point. Took a long break for reasons seen above and thought that since I was somewhat offered admin awhile ago, I thought I'd try my luck almost a year later.
Last edited by Amiga on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

Yeah you were definitely around when I first started, but not for too long I don't think.

That, or I'm suppressing memories.
Awoo

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

[quote="cebutris" pid='3242' dateline='1513221525']
Yeah you were definitely around when I first started, but not for too long I don't think.

That, or I'm suppressing memories.
[/quote]

Really wouldn't blame you.