ZaeCathe - Xenochimera Application

ZaeCathe

ZaeCathe - Xenochimera Application

Post by ZaeCathe »

Discord name: ZahCatharsis#4404

Byond ckey: ZaeCathe

Job/Races you are applying for: Xenochimera

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Ziltch

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:

Ziltch originated from an inorganic source, derived in a mining rig extablished on a larger exo-planet. During an expedition, a sudden cave-in gave Ziltch a chance to infest a local creature, consuming it and several others. It began to haunt the crew, eliminating them one by one. At one point, Ziltch was found consuming one of the rig directors, and a call was made to eliminate it. A research crew, alerted of the presence of the xenochimera, quickly infiltrated the area and secured Ziltch. It was given a calmed surrounding, and it later found out, through their own understanding, that it was being taught how to live like other humans.

During this period, Ziltch learned and evolved. It spent most of its time hibernating, or consuming something, and the research crew always provided it with resources when it needed it. Finally, on one fateful day, Ziltch got its hands on one of the crew, consuming it and using its neurological structures to evolve. It quickly learned of what it had done, what it consumed, and what that meant for it. However, despite its expectations, the crew didn't kill it, instead chastising it. At this stage, the crew began to teach it basic human concepts, which it easily grasped. However, the more complex the topic, the harder it was for it to understand. Ziltch had an affinity with engineering teachings, and quickly learned basic repairs, wiring strucutres, and later building schematics. However, engines and atmospherics systems were too complex for it to understand.

Ziltch is easy to bother but hard to anger. Ziltch consumes when it needs to, remains as comfortable as it can, and works so long as it isn’t too stressful. It’s not hard to see Ziltch as an animal, try as it might not to, and its speech is very basic, often getting words wrong or sounding uneducated.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
Xenochimera are not a fully fledged biologic organism. They are a hive of cells that mimic what they have consumed. Xenochomera cells can change based on what is consumed, so to obtain sapience, or a higher level-of-thought and understanding, xebochimera cells have to consume a being with a complex neural structure. They have no currently known origin or source, and there are only chance meetings of them. Sapient Xenochimari are known to be able to act like a human, but not at a 1:1 scale. They are an animal, not a person. Sources of high stress, such as pain, hunger, or general stress will drive them into a “feral” state, where instincts will take them over. They are not killing machines, they are animals.

N/A

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:

At worst I expect for my whitelist status to be removed, and a ban applied from the server. If what I did breaks major rule(s), I expect to be punished in kind.

At best I expect a slap on the wrist, a bwoink, and possibly a temp ban depending on what rule(s) has been broken.

It is not my goal to break rules with this race, it is my goal to play out a character while still following rules.

Nethaufer

RE: ZaeCathe - Xenochimera Application

Post by Nethaufer »

Seems well thought out to me. Summary looks good. +1

BlackMajor

RE: ZaeCathe - Xenochimera Application

Post by BlackMajor »

Good summary. Moving to approved.