stiph

stiphs Xenomorph hybrid application

Post by stiph »

Discord name: Dantioch#0286

Byond ckey: Stiphs

Characters you currently play:
Slena

Job/Races you are applying for: e.g. Xenomorph hybrid

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognize and log): Ellen
In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
Ellen was a creation of a Nanotrasen xenobiological research station on a tiny unremarkable astroid station called NRD Bishop. The motives behind her creation were simple. The durability of the xenomorph, the bee like eusocial organization of their hives, their immense strength and agility, and fast breeding meant that if they could be tamed, the xenomorph would be a fantastic race of workers. They would work tirelessly, (more importantly, paylessly) at the command of their corporate queen, Nanotrasen. The one obstacle in their path was the vicious nature of the creature. What an obstacle it was. They managed to remove it, however, after many attempts and accidents. The docility came at a cost, however. The xenomorph-hybrid they bred was not connected to a hive mind any longer, and of course the acid was done away with, as were the face huggers, the uneering sense that they use to stalk their prey, and the resin. All these things were more or less removed from the speciemens, sometimes intentionally, in the case of the acid blood and face huggers, but the hive mind was an accident. Trying to remove the violent and gory reproductive cycle, as well as tame their savage nature, resulted in the speciemen being cut off from the root source of both these issues: the queen and the hive mind. In the somewhat depressed state of undirectedness that came with the seperation, NT was able to instill some sense of civilization into the creature. Ellen is one of those creatures. She was sent to NSB Adephagia as a trial run for the project. The goal is to test the viablity of the product, and begin to accustom the other crewmembers to the sight of such a feared form walking and working amongst them. To further this goal of making the crew comfortable with these beings, Ellen has been trained for nonthreatening, menial, and some would say demeaning tasks, mostly involving service and cleaning, in order to show the crew how tame the beast really is. It's hard to feel threatened by something when it's on its knee's scrubbing the floor.
Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
Orgins of the species are unknown of course, but they are the xeno's we all know and love from alien and as the antag from other servers, but in this case they are intelligent and civilized enough, hopefully, be more polite about who they hug and how. They are products of genetic engineering, the kind that Wayland-Utani would always try to do in the Alien universe, except instead of trying to weaponize and control them, they would try to domisticate/civilize the creature to a point that they can fuck them make respectable and functional members of galactic society out of them.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
Well firstly the privilege would be taken away, if I wasn't just outright banned.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: stiphs Xenomorph hybrid application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

You wrote an excellent, simple and easy to read backstory. One that makes sense. You clearly understand the depth and complexity of Xenos and, well, everything about this application is what other people should be doing when they make a whitelist application. This right here is a textbook example of a well done app. One that you can bet your butt I'm gonna give my support to. I've seen ya in game, you definitely don't seem like a troublemaker of any sort, nor have I had to bwoink you; high quality of writing with a good attitude marks you as one of the players I want to open the door of playing Xeno hybrids for.

I just wish that the last question wasn't sucky, so, the response is something more than, "I'll lose the whitelist, or, I'll get banned, or both," cause that's really the only acceptable answer.

HazelBailey

Re: stiphs Xenomorph hybrid application

Post by HazelBailey »

As usual, Avarice has pretty accurately summed up my thoughts on this. Has been a very good player in server, with a very well written, well thought out app. Would be happy to give this my +1