FoxxyRenamon

RyvaHellFyre

FoxxyRenamon

Post by RyvaHellFyre »

Discord name: FoxxyRenamon#2636

Byond ckey: (Byond username?) FoxxyRenamon

Characters you currently play: Ryva Alpharus Hellfyre.

Job/Races you are applying for: e.g. Custom Race: Cyvian.

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Will redesign Ryva to fit this custom race is application is approved.

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Ryva is a sanctioned explorator of the Cyvian Mechanicum, a race of Voidship dwelling refugee's from a tomb world, fleeing the species who created them. They are deeply religious, and equate most forms of Technology they have created as holy, not willing to share their own tech with others. Ryva is no exception, and refuses most attempts at both medical and technological aid from the denizens of the Sol System. She was sent out into the galaxy as the youngest explorator in recorded Cyvian history, and as such she is both naive about Terran and Solar traditions and mentalities, meaning her primary goal on board the station is to learn Terran cultures and observe the many races and people on board. She is shy and a devout follower of the Machine, but will gladly put herself in danger of those that have earned her trust.

Summarize the species: As evidence that you've looked into it: The Cyvian Mechanicum is a custom race that I personally created a few years back, to fit with the back story for my character Ryva. It is still a work in progress, but I will lay out the basics I have cemented.

They are a caste based society, with five distinct groups. The Worker Caste are small and agile, with double joints on each limb, allowing them to reach into small areas and maintain complicated engines and other machines that keep the Worldships sailing the void. They are also more suited to an atmosphere without a high oxygen content like that of the station, and as such require special breathing apparatus to scrub excess oxygen from their breath. I don't know if that is /actually/ possible but a special mask would be nice!

The Solider Caste is the second lowest, large and slow minded, with thicker skin and coarse fur, augmented by extensive cybernetic weaponry and gear, allowing them to survive combat with most other races in the galaxy.

Third in line are the Lifeworkers, the medical researchers and the tenders of the large Tiyanki pods that provide the world fleets with their supplies. They are slim and graceful, and possess four eyes, with the bottom two allowing them to see in a infrared spectrum, making it easier for them to perform their medical tasks.

Second in line are the Builders, the keepers of advanced technology and the builders of the Worldships that the majority of the Cyvian species lives on. They are probably the most human sized of the castes, they are mostly beings of a cybernetic nature now, replacing large amounts of their own flesh to further bring them closer to the perfection of Iron, and allowing them to build more and more elaborate and powerful machines.

On the top of the Hierarchy are the Noble Caste, with each Worldship containing several different Noble families, with one being the dominant as the others vie for power and eventual command of the ship when the current family falls out of power. Shorter than most Humans, they are also the most beautiful, each Noble family having their own colours and crest that is applied to each member of the Clade.

Ryva is the First Born of Clade Hellfyre, where her name comes from, and as such her colours are Crimson and Gold and her crest is an Eight Pointed Star. Attached to this is a link to a SFW Reference to Ryva that I had drawn up a while back.

If you read all of this thank you very much, but if you didn't I still thank you! Please consider this custom race for me, I do enjoy this server a lot and I'd love to be a part of it!
Attachments
41ba252ce3ceaca63ccb08745aa21805.jpg
41ba252ce3ceaca63ccb08745aa21805.jpg (138.28 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

Nethaufer

Re: FoxxyRenamon

Post by Nethaufer »

You don't actually need to post one of these for your own custom species. Whitelist applications are for the species that require you to be put on a whitelist to use, such as proteans, xeno hybrids, and xenochimera.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: FoxxyRenamon

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Silly, I'm moving this to accepted because you can already do this. The whitelist applications (as Nethaufer has said) is for the power-gamey races we have. They're locked behind this application process because they have unique abilities that can either drastically improve roleplay or be a severe dampener on it. Just depends on who's controlling the race. For your own custom species, no such verification process is needed. You still need to abide by the rules we have about believable characters, but, for all intents and purposes, you can go as crazy as you'd like. It's such a shame you put more work into this application than most other people do, because, had this been a whitelisted race, you'd easily have my support.

Anyways, have fun on Cit, sorry you put yourself through this :')