Irkalla Epsilon Vox Whitelist App

Irkalla Epsilon HQ

Irkalla Epsilon Vox Whitelist App

Post by Irkalla Epsilon HQ »

Discord name: Irkalla Epsilon#7130

Byond ckey: Irkalla Epsilon

Characters you currently play: Thali Kaallu-Silc, Hele Kaallu-Szi, Izre Kaallu-Szi; In order of descending frequency and edgyness

Job/Races you are applying: Vox

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Rachidirawk

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory:

TL;DR Combat Medic Voxxy botched a raid and touched an artefact imprisoning them in a rift so to say where a dead highly decomposed corpse was in already. Some time later someone figured out how to open the rift and both the Vox and the skeleton were pulled out. Now they dont know where their kin are or what happened to their raiding party but after some back and forth got employed as an extremly low paygrade SaR along other menial tasks who is terribly afraid of skeletons/decomposing corpses.

Rachidirawk is a 23 years old Ex Vox Primalis Raider and compareable to a combat medic at that. They are standing at a height of 1.70 meters and have black large quills. Their eyes have a cyan hue to them. They have decent medical knowledge and can hold themself fairly well in combat. Like all Vox they appear very eccentric and downright rude to none vox.

How did they wind up working for NT: During a raid leading against an artefact trader Rachidirawk and 2 of her kin, Kihiyahi and Yahatiki were infiltrating the vessel in question. "Like usual kin, Yahatiki you go cut power, Rachidirawk and me cover you, then we go acquire their valueables." Kihiyahi said. The raid went well with their established strategy of cutting their power supply and disabling the vessel from within, making it drop out of their bluespace jump. "Now to their storage area." Rachidirawk whispered to the other two. The crew of said vessel meanwhile send out an emergency distress beacon that they got cut off from a bluespace jump and geared up investigating. The 3 Vox on the ship were going for the cargohold, trying to see if there are any precious metals and interesting devices to steal, sneaking in and prying open doors with their strong claws "Two dustlungs behind. Let us take them out." Kihiyahi, seemingly the leader of the small raiding party said. Their kin nodded. As they entered the large cargohold the two humans were subdued with a dartgun by Kihiyahi, containing a potent knockout mix by Rachidirawk. Kihiyahi meanswhile secured some precious metals in a crate. Yahatiki welded the doors in the room shut, setting up barricades and fortifying the area, preparing a slap of Rachidirawks composite explosive to bust through the ships hull with the loot once they were done. Meanwhile Rachidirawk and Kihiyahi were collecting everything that was looking of value to them, some ancient, defunct guns dug up by xenoarchelogists, precious metals, a few dozent solid phoron crystals, anything that can be used to them later on. Rachidirawk notices a black metallic spire, shaped similar to a dual helix they saw on those useless paperbooks those dustlungs always have. Next to the spire was some kind of field generator, turned off due to the lack of power. Rachidirawk said to their kin "I wonder if this has any value.. I got take this with us?" Both the other Vox raised their hand, two of their claws pointing at Rachidirawk, more or less saying "You do you.". Rachidirawk approached the black metallic spire.. Touching it. A bright flash of cyan light engulfed them.

They woke up in a dark, tight place. Unable to move, but able to talk and scream. A partial human skeleton ontop of them, highly decomposing, just barely enough tissue to have a grin on their face. They could not see their kin through their thermonocole. Even worse. They appear to be a at completly different place. No longer were they on the puny ship they were raiding. They were in some massive area, however confined in a box of sorts. Countless of strange looking heat signatures seen through the thermonocles, figures that seemingly float, having anywhere between 2 to 6 very hot spots on where would be eyes. A shock coursed through the dark tight space they were confined in, making the skeleton 'hug tight' to her. They screamed in common. None of the heat signatures noticing them. "My kins.. where are my kins!" they screamed. "Get Skeliton off mes!" The skeleton seemingly grinning directly into their eyes. They felt paralyzed.. unable to move, a sensation completly unknown to them before. They got trouble breathing, despite the phoron tank on their back being filled to the brim, passing out.

After what seems to be days they woke up again.. no hunger.. nothing. Just this awful skeleton ontop of them, grinning. As if it was making fun of them. They struggled tried to move, to no avail. The heat signatures outside not paying attention to their screams for help. The Vox glanced arround noticing a couple metalic tools. A drill.. highly corroded, but still, a drill is a drill.. if they could only move to reach it.. Again blackness as they pass out once more.

Some time passes.. they wake up. Seemingly feeling how the scales of their body peeling off. Slowly but surely. The skeleton is still there grinning at them. Their breath being heavy, forced to look into the eyeholes of it. Rachidirawk no longer passed out. Stayed up for days with this strange feeling of paralysis and this new sensation of slowly disintegrating. They screamed, trying to get the attention of whatever was outside. Yet again to no avail.

About a week passes.. then a sudden flash of bright cyan light engulfed Rachidirawk and the skeleton. They felt being pulled outwards.. and woke up in some kind of lab, in a containment cell, the atmosphere filled with carbon dioxide according to her gas scanner they were wearing. Movement at first felt hard, but after a few seconds the Vox got into her bearings getting up. Dustlungs of various species looking at them. Rachidirawk threw the skeleton away from them "GET OFF MES SKELITONS!". Able to talk common to some degree she looks at them "GET MES OUT! HELPS!". Rachidirawk draws a couple strange alien tools hammering against the borosilicate windows not leaving a dent. "Security to Anomaly Lab. Theres a very startled vox from inside the Anomaly." one of the researchers, a human bald headed male, yelled into their headset. A couple heavily armed people of various species walked into the room, bearing an hammer emblem on their shoulder. At that point Rachidirawk gave up, dropping her tools, surrendering, knowing the raid was botched, still glancing towards the skeleton in fear. Some time passes in a small barely lit cell, their equipment taken off of them. Another man, in a black gold trimmed suit, interviewed the Vox. After being told what they are good at and having a small oppurtunity to proof this to the man Rachidirawk was hired as a low paygrade SaR with some menial sidejobs onboard another research installation not to far where she was found. "Welcome to Nanotrasen." the man told her.. strange emphasis on the word to. Still demanding answers on where her kin have gone or what has happened the Vox was released and put to duty after some medical diagnosis and tests were run if they were affected by the time they spend inside that confined space. Apart from being terribly afraid of skeletons and therefor suffering from 'Osteophobia' and being very stressed due to the loss of their kin they seem to be perfectly fine. Physically atleast. Their peeled of scales recovered aswell. They do tend to cling tight to other Vox. Even more tight than usual. They don't seem to remember anything apart from the skeleton when stuck inside the rift.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Alright where to begin with..
First Vox are kind of a resembling raptor like bird creatures which breath Phoron for "Oxygenation" if one can call it that way and therefor have a completly different biochemistry compared to most races. There are different types of vox, castes so to say, which fullfil different roles in their society. In general vox do have: A strange hybrid nervous system which kind of is centralized and decentralized, which basicly means you can cut off limbs and they still keep moving for a while after severing them, which to my knowledge has no mechanical effect ingame. They have an extreme ammount of control over their body, giving themself some kind of space proofing properties. How they are grown or come to be is not clearly stated and vox do not talk to others about it. The Primalis don't know that most of the time either. Their "conciousness" is stored in a stack which also determines the caste of the vox and therefor their additional features. The stack is more or less "holy" to vox, aslong the stack is saved the Vox is considered saved. For the caste there are:

1. Primalis, which is the playable/applyable vox race which consists of the bulk of Vox. I'd like to compare them to biological machines, they are highly specialized to conduct physical labor, therefor can lift heavy weights, have incredible speed and can apply tremendous amounts of force. They are, for the most part, immune to electric shocks and most forms of stuns. Primalis Vox are employed by their hive esque race to do menial labor, as warriors/raiders and basicly anything a worker ant would do in a hive of ants.
2. Armalis, which are soldiers and leaders so to say. They are massively in size, have elongated highly dextrous limbs and their skin is more akin to extremly durable metal alloys. Basicly soldier ants but as space raptor bird things.
3. Auralis, which would be relay nodes and scientists so to say. They are thin, tall in size and extremely eccentric, although there is not much known about them other than that.
4. Apex, which are the Overmind: They are the rulers of the Vox. Not much is known about them, even Vox themself don't know much about them.

Vox are spacefaring and live on massive ships called "Arkships", they are fairly violent, racist and tend to raid other species for their equipment and sometimes manpower and food. They lack morale standards in a traditional sense. If a Primalis is captured its mostly due to a botched raid of sorts and gets forced to work under a low paygrade or simply to "work off debt". Dionas are tasty to Vox. Most if not all other races are treeless dust breathing meats. Vox have an awful smell on them due to Phoron being most likely a nitrogen group element and most compounds from that group tend to have really off putting smells, I'd like to think that they smell like a large variety of amines but more acrid. They tend to refer to eachother as kin. Voxxy is speaking commons badlies yaya. Is not good at commons. Skrek commons, is bad meats tongue.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: I find Clowns/Mimes even on LRP environments kind of out of place..

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Whitelist status revoked, possibly acquiring a temporary/permanent ban depending on the severity since whitelist status is a privelege and abusing the status is abusing the trust. Big fucking no. Not that I'd plan on doing any of that but still, must be said.

Why did I apply for Vox: My reasoning is simple. I enjoy Vox. They have an interesting backstory, their lore is incredibly deep and the entire kinship kind of deal looks extremly appealing.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Irkalla Epsilon Vox Whitelist App

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Your recent behavior on station leads me to believe you can pull this whitelist off. I've seen you filling up command slots a lot the past month or so, and, it really does inspire confidence in me when I see you playing as such a role, and, not getting lynched for being dumb. You clearly care, that much is obvious, with the whole essay you wrote for this application, and, I don't recall you breaking any rules, ever (I'll have to double check on that one.) In short, this application has my approval.

HazelBailey

Re: Irkalla Epsilon Vox Whitelist App

Post by HazelBailey »

Like Avarice said, you're a very well behaved player, and you've put a very good amount of effort into this app. The backstory is a bit on the snowflakey said IMO, but not enough for me to feel this app should be denied. This has my support.