Snakebittenn - Xenochimera

ParadoxSpace

Snakebittenn - Xenochimera

Post by ParadoxSpace »

Discord name: Snakebittenn#6825

Byond ckey: Snakebittenn

Characters you currently play: Need to remake some characters, but I did have Kylira (Menzula's daughter, one of them), Aeliana Sevara, and Selene Narkissa. Made a few Alraune when I was rewriting the lore but none of note.

Job/Races you are applying for: e.g. Xenochimera

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Tackle, a Xenochimera

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: No one knew how long the object was traveling through the void. A decapitated head of a xenochimera, its' wound having already sealed itself, its' flesh already under hibernation. A curious miner wasn't aware it was primed to re-awaken. It seems his touch had stirred the hive, and a large chunk of his left hand was bitten right off. Into the gaping wound, an invasion took place, aided by the sheer shock of the pain. It was almost a full 24 hours before the miner's body was finally brought back to central, a fault of the sprawling asteroid that had to be covered, the hardsuited corpse was taken into the mining base Perseus. When the suit was taken off, it wasn't pretty. The thing inside clearly wasn't human. Unfortunately, it was clearly alive. After a panicked surgeon (the one removing the hardsuit) attempted to re-decapitate the creature after its' eyes opened the first time, the xenochimera's first act in this new life was to come shrieking off the surgical slab onto a nearby xenoarcheologist, Josiah Curry, attempting to 'pry my face right off my head' for blocking the exit.
The creature ended up in a lab, in a forcefield, thirty minutes later after the ordeal. After the gnashing teeth and clawing at its' restraints ended, it seemed somewhat lucid after a meal of five bags of nutrient paste. "I thought of how I would react if I were a wild animal," Curry said. Recognizing what they had on their hands, the lab took to attempted domestication. Things were not easy. It had never truly advanced into 'proper society, and culture' as they intended. Even when it seemed to be over its' base instincts, and well fed, it would often pester nearby workers about an 'other self' it seemed to barely remember. Of course, this was not possible, and only its' craving to clean everything was answered. It was almost neurotic in wanting to wipe down everything, spray it with disinfectant. That's when it was happiest. Almost twenty years later, after enough pressure from the rest of the base, under accusations of holding a 'murderous creature' that still did not act 'like one of us, like a person, not a thing', Josiah decided it was time for 'Tackle' to go. It had never truly advanced into 'proper society, and culture' as they intended, still maintaining a large amount of its' base instincts; primarily being motivated by the promise of a good meal after work is done. It would never truly blend in; still not that great at holding a conversation without being 'weird', and expressed no remorse for the miner. Yet, Tackle was noted to have a keen interest in cleaning, almost neurotic in having a sterile environment. As long as it was working and eating, everything would surely be fine. Perhaps NanoTrasen would take it off their hands.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Essentially, xenochimera are a colony of microscopic organisms that operate in a manner similar to man o war. They are very voracious, and extremely variable as their main 'thing' is to mutate and mimic nearby cells. They are not particularly intelligent in any way, unless they manage to assimilate a complex nervous system. This opens them to a whole new world of qualia, although they somewhat 'revert' to survival mode when subjected to extreme stressors. They are extremely hard to actually finish off for good, as long as you have enough xenochimera to scrape into a jar, you can grow your own, like cloning a plant. However, enough of them lost will certainly wipe their memories.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: I really don't.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: To get b& or whitelist stripped.

HazelBailey

Re: Snakebittenn - Xenochimera

Post by HazelBailey »

You've been a good player on the RP server in the past. Backstory is detailed and your species summary seems good to me. I'd be willing to give this my support, just keep our rules in mind when playing as them. Xenochimera are the one species I'm extremely wary of giving out whitelists for.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Heya, what with Hazel willing to support you, I will too. Good research, too, by the way. Very detailed (me likey).

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Decent app. I like the cleaning quirk, it's be a safe bet to redirect most of a xenochimera's energy into something harmless.

+1

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Moving to approved