Hizzoe-Protean

Hizzoe

Hizzoe-Protean

Post by Hizzoe »

Discord Name: Hizzoe#5391

Byond Ckey: Hizzoe

Characters you currently play: Drew Bashline, Sarah Jumble, Ress Shinehoard, Kerena Reede, Willby (AI) and Miralin Ironhide.

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of character you intend to be using: Slem, a protean. (Name is subject to change, because I suck at names and am not entirely sure about Slem as the final name)

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
Money. Fame. Power. Slem used to have it all. Throughout his life, as the first son of a rather wealthy human noble somewhere in Sol, Slem had been well taken care of, a little too well, perhaps, and rarely did a wish of his go ungranted. However, as he grew older, he began to see the sophisticated, aristocratic lifestyle as how 'Old, penny pinching businessmen' went about life, and Slem was no businessman, oh no. Sneaking out of the house, returning beaten and/or drunk and/or high, flirting with the low-income commoners, if it made his father disappointed in his son, there shouldn't be a doubt in your mind that Slem did it. And, while Slem's activities strained relations with his father, the two continued to tolerate each other.

That is, of course, until the final incident, the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, occurred. Now, though the wonders of science have brought many revolutionary and miraculous new technologies, not everybody welcomes each and every little advancement. Slem's father, for instance, had a burning hatred against synthetic creatures (Or as he likes to call it, the 'Tin Menace'), because his wife (And mother of Slem) was killed by a malfunctioning military borg.

"But Hizzoe, this story is supposed to be about Slem! Why are you telling me about his dad?" I hear you asking, and to that I say sit down and let me finish my story, god. But anyways, the point is you need to know one very simple thing: Slem's father absolutely despised any and all beings robotic, sapient or otherwise. Anyways, back to the main story.

As Slem was doing his thing, rebelling against his dad, making morally questionable decisions, the usual, a 'friend' of his approached him, saying the whole "Yooo, what's poppin' my duuude, say have you got any cash on you, I'm kinda in a tight spot, man..." type of thing, he told Slem that in exchange for a measly 100 thalers, pocket change for Slem at the time, he'd invite him to his "Totally rad party, man, there's gonna be booze and hot chicks and everything!" Of course, Slem takes him up on his offer, and the day of the party comes. Had Slem known this would be the last one he ever attended before his life went to hell, he might have enjoyed it, just a bit.

As is tradition for totally rad parties, out came the booze, along with some less than entirely legal recreational substances. One thing leads to another, and before you know it ol' Slem is stumbling around the party, nearly blackout drunk and just as high of off sweet, sweet space drugs. But then, he sees something that, while a normal person would think "Huh, that's pretty nifty!", makes Slem think "Holy shit is that GOD?" What he saw, of course, was a protean, showing off some of their shapeshifting abilities. One slightly confusing, very wacky conversation with the protean later, Slem had come to the foolish conclusion that he had to become a protean too, no matter the cost.

After a lot of searching around the party, he somehow, somehow, managed to find someone who knew of a rather shady place that could turn people into proteans. Hoping into the luxurious shuttle that dear ol' dad had bought for him, the soon-to-be protean activated his autopilot, and set off. Despite all the riches his father (and by extension Slem) had, the price was still just a bit out of Slem's ludicrously high budget. So, in his infinite wisdom, he decided, "Eh screw it, I can just sell practically everything I own and pay with both my cash and my dads before he finds out." Remember, he is still very, very drunk, and equally high, so this sounded like a perfectly reasonable way to become a protean.

One surgery later, it was done. Slem had done it. He had become a protean. And, in addition to being a shapeshifter, he was also now rid of the effects of the booze and space drugs that had made him go down this path in life. However, something was wrong... Where was the totally legitimate clinic he had been in just moments ago? Why is he stuck as a blob, with no idea how to gain solid shape? And why the hell is he stuck in a glass tube that had been thrown in a ditch?! The answer, dear reader, may shock you: The clinic was not at all totally legitimate.

After going under anesthetic, it was a complete cake walk taking Slem's ID card and siphoning all the money out of every account linked to it. (Those accounts being both his own personal savings, and his dad's main savings account) The pirates then put the man in a tube, tossed it away, and got the hell out of there in Slem's ship. The clinic? Also a ship, but concealed to appear as though it was a building. Thankfully, be it by luck, pity on behalf of the so called 'surgeons', or maybe by the doing of some other entity, there it was: A phone. It wasn't his, but it would do. Making his way over to the small device, Slem thought, and he thought hard. The reality of the situation was setting in, and it was inducing panic.

By figuring out how to extend a single pseudopod, he slowly yet surely presses some buttons, sending a single, cryptic message to the man who had invited him to that dreadful party in the first place. "pick me up -slem" As the minutes passed without a response, Slem paced, both panicking about being robbed of all his possesions, and trying to gain a solid grasp on how his less than solid new body worked. But then, he heard it. The telltale put, put, putting of an old engine, and around the corner came his friend in a car.

One conversation later, with the story explained to his old pal as best he could explain with a barely functioning mouth, Slem took a ride to his fathers house. Now, as you may recall from earlier on in the story, reader, I mentioned that Slem's father hated synths with a burning passion. One stern talking to about how "You are a disgrace to the family name, get out of my house this instant, you aren't my son anymore" later, Slem is now homeless. Scared, alone, nothing to his name anymore, he flees. Survival is hard, bobbing and weaving through backyards and vents, surviving off of scrap metal stolen from wherever he could find it.

Eventually, he learned how to control his body entirely, allowing him to gain a form, and soon after he adopted a different name. Whatever his name had been prior to this moment will perhaps never be known except to the few who knew him in flesh and bone. But now? Now, he was Slem. After this decision, he set out to make a name for himself in the universe, hopping onto the first shuttle that got him out of Sol, and out into the cosmos he went.

Summarize the species. As evidence you've looked into it: Proteans are less of a 'species' so to speak then they are a classification of synthetic life. Essentially, a science soup comprised of millions of nanites, working in unison to give whoever can afford these costly bodies whatever form they so desire. Anyone could, theoretically, become a protean, however not everyone will, due to the fact it costs ludicrous amounts of money, we're talking millions of thalers for ONE protean. They can collapse into a handless, shapeless blob that is invisible while resting and capable of moving through vents (But not picking things up because again, no hands), they can consume metal to grow or shrink sizes at will, tank hits because of their lack of pain, survive in space without internals because oxygen is for the lesser, fleshy beings of the universe, and some other, more advanced things I might be forgetting.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any server rules?: If it's a minor offense (Such as slipping into a room to say "Hey, you are dumb"), I would probably get a warning from staff that what I'm doing is LRP shenanigans. Anything above that? The whitelist instantly gets revoked, I likely get banned (Temp or perma'd), and overall be really bummed out, because I am now banned.

Captain277

Re: Hizzoe-Protean

Post by Captain277 »

Gonna go ahead and approve this App, since no one seems to have any objections. Technically you missed the approval window before the other day when we closed Protean apps temporarily, but I'm gonna grandfather you in since this has been open for a while.