Admin complaint-Trojan_Coyote

AWingedHussar

Admin complaint-Trojan_Coyote

Post by AWingedHussar »

Alright so I've been playing the server a lot recently, and Trojan_Coyote forces secret very often. Now I know admins are allowed to do this but a majority of the time when he does this the round type vote is either heavily sided for extended or he'll stop it before we can even vote. I'd be fine with a forced extended, but three is too much. When the players majorly vote for extended we should be able to have extended, I know the admins think secret is better for high pop but what if MOST of the people that the high pop consists of vote extended? It's not fair that Extended is taken away from us just because more of us are on, even though most of us want Extended.

In summary, I think Trojan_Coyote removes our ability to vote far too often, people in OOC get pissed but he doesn't seem to care about the actual player base and what they want, he wants a secret round so he makes it a secret round with no regard for what the server wants. Yes, he has the ability to do this but what I'm saying is that it's a really shitty thing to do, most of the players want to play extended and he doesn't allow it. He's ruining the experience for many players and not allowing us to vote for the mode we want.
I'm sick and tired of being told to "Go play on the other server.", I've tried this before with no results, I've waited in the server for hours waiting for people to join, it doesn't work.
Last edited by AWingedHussar on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madamheichou

RE: Admin complaint-Trojan_Coyote

Post by madamheichou »

I agree with this entirely. While I don't have a problem with secret if it's voted for, FORCING secret is rather annoying. We have a vote for a reason, and disabling the vote and pushing secret is the opposite of the reason we have a vote in the first place. When an admin forces secret, I'm not even sure if that specific admin is going to even be playing in the round, which is furthermore pointless.

UltimateNomster

Post by UltimateNomster »

I have to personally agree.

I have nothing against Trojan Coyote at all, but I was not a fan of how the situation was dealt with and how he forced secret back-to-back. I personally have little to no opinion over playing extended or secret, and I definitely understand the rationale behind forcing secrets at times. Yet, at the same time, forcing it back-to-back sets a bad precedent that I believe may create bad taste among many in our community.

Certainly, admins have all the rights to do as they please, since they have the power to force secrets at times. However, I believe using this power without restriction will create further problems in the future that could be avoided. I personally do not care that much if secret is forced, but I strongly empathize with people who do not like being forced to play secret back to back with rationale as simple as "I can do it because I'm admin". Even as a bystander, it left a bad taste in my mouth. I believe a simple measure, such as preventing back-to-back forced secrets, is reasonable enough among other measure required to prevent such a problem in the future.
Last edited by UltimateNomster on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despite my username, I actually don't do vore!

Leon_Leonardo

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

Citadel is a primarily secret focused server, and as such secret is the round type that will be running during peak player-count hours. Generally admins will only set the round type to extended during that time if they think it prudent. Voting is primarily for convenience when admins aren't present or for off hours of the day.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Leon that's actually funny you say that, because I've seen admins/maintainers say quite literally the exact opposite, and that they are pushing for a more MRP based server. I've never once seen any evidence of Cit being 'secret-focused' because more often than not, extended is voted for. So I'm not sure where that comes from, honestly. I never could understand the idea behind forcing a game-mode when a vote is taken.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

MRP and secret are not mutually exclusive. A lot of recent balance changes and planned balance changes are designed to help facilitate an MRP environment during secret, to reduce the amount of admin micromanagement required during secret. The eventual goal is to let the server be played with minimal admin intervention.

Citadel has always been the action-oriented server in it's niche category of "furry-oriented SS13 servers". Planned changes will help cement that while simultaneously reducing the amount of micromanagement required from staff.

Leon_Leonardo

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

^ Basically all of this. At Citadel's original inception, secret was the ONLY gamemode available at all. Adding extended to the lineup was a move to allow for more relaxed rounds as a break between chaotic antag rounds.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FvoXJCrBhQ

And sure it might be an abuse but to hoot with extended amirite?
Last edited by Cabbose on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

areebur

Post by areebur »

so it's ok to force secret even though people don't want it because the server is supposed to be mainly secret.
that doesnt sound sketchy at all

all of the 'action orientedness' of the server is usually people just fucking shit up just for the sake of doing so. the only real action you'll get is in the dorms.

and to top it all off you dissallow what tg servers do allow in terms of antag chaos, so that limits what 'chaos' antags bring and leads to alot of traitors and antag roles either dying quickly or not doing anything for 2 hours.
im going fuck kill mode