Admin Complaint - Jade Manique

CptAzure

Admin Complaint - Jade Manique

Post by CptAzure »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Jade Manique

Your BYOND name: CptAzure

Date of issue and round ID: 04/03/18, Round ended around 3:15AM PST, started after 12:00 AM PST (Apologies don’t remember exact start), round 11968

Reason for complaint:

The round started off relatively calm, it was a green shift, I arrived late. One crew gave a few people tinfoil hats for fun, you know. I was the CMO, handled the issue and cloned the affected. Artyom got his hat back despite being freshly cloned and immediately tossed into cryo. I raise my brow. He gets bussed as an antag. "A Fucking Crazy Person", as the endround sheet showed. 3 objectives: Keep the box with you, Everyone is lying. Protect box. The thing was labelled Pandora's box. He keeps screaming about the box and he fortified robo. We break in because I want to cure him again. Turns out he suddenly has adrenals and a freedom implant. Because sure. Why not. He skedaddles about again, takes the box to the monastery. The box 'takes root' there. In an effort to stop this trashfire, I crit Artyom and tried to heal. He died and I take the body to get cloned so I can ask him what is going on. When Artyom's cloned things seem to calm down. I hear a report of 'zombies' on the monastery. I keep him with me when suddenly he has a tinfoil hat again despitenever leaving my sight or cuffs. He tries to escape into disposals, I head over, stun and tie him, about to leave when suddenly he spins around, slamming into me, the walls, and then into disposals proper. When I get there there's a narrate where the box calls out for Artyom. He surrenders when I get to him and I, despite my temptation to kill and space him there, do what the narrate says and take him back to the crate. then necropolis bullshit starts spawning, more blank bodies spawn, creatures spawn, a fucking mi-go spawns at some point. After some time of what few crew do head over to deal with this lovecraftian shittery, an ERT shows up, and the 'anomaly' is finally dealt with. Oh yes, and earlier in the round Centcom sent us a message specifically saying that we were not allowed to bomb the box.

I spoke with some other people who were in the round, and none of them said a vote was called for an event at any point prior to my arrival, nor were people enjoying it. The blatant bussing to keep the event from faltering was a nice touch.
Last edited by CptAzure on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sylas

RE: Admin Complaint - Jade Manique

Post by Sylas »

I bussed the crewmember with harmless objectives, he hurt noone, yet still got killed several times before being spaced and removed from the round.

The antag status was merely a joke, it didnt mean anything asides from enabling me to put meme objectives on him.

The simplemobs however came when people started trying to break into the box. It was labeled 'pandora's box' and had a description that hinted *There were monsters and such inside* yet people kept trying to open it.

The box was in an isolated area, and the round was minutes away from end shift shuttle call, so I ended that arc with an isolated bit of mob spawners and called an ERT for people to deal with it. The only people that got hurt were the people who got validhunted, and the reckless validhunters.

As for the 'no bombing' report, someone was asking over engineering comms if Im not mistaken, if they could bomb the monastery, where the box was. It, at that point, wasnt even a red alert, nothing hostile had spawned yet, and the box simply had necropolis flooring around it, and had proven indestructible. Its a publicly accessible area, so I stated in the report, bombing of NT assets is prohibited outside of delta alert threats.

Im sorry I didnt push a vote for this bussing, but it snowballed starting with you murdering the crewmembers with tinfoil hats to fix them, against their will, that led to me placing a tinfoil hat on the crewmember's head in cloning as a joke, because you can surgically remove it, I've been told. Led to me making a box with five blank bodies in it, I SM'ed him that he needs to keep his box safe, and you continue to baton, tie, and kill him again,after finding the hat on him.

Im sorry things got too out of hand for your taste, but anything *severe* I made sure was isolated to the area already peppered with combat that you and about four other people had no business bringing there, considering there were sec officers.

Hell, the captain even was dragging about an unsecure closet full of lethals and explosive munitions before things even escalated, to kill the crewmember and the box.

Im sorry this stressed you out, but I didnt want to punish people for stupid actions in response to someone inspiring roleplay, so I built on it, and only made it potentially deadly when people started using lethals against people.

Slomka

Post by Slomka »

Events on extended are legit (actually extended was made for admin events). And from the idea of this event it was made in the way that lets ppl not interested in event go back to thier usually stuff (probably ERP) And actually trying to fuck up the admin event is not not smart idea since you break someone hard work and stuff (TG can ban you for something like this) This whole complaint is in my eyes basicly "I died plz restart" And actually voting should be (in my opinion ofc) pushed if admin wanna do hard bussing (giving everyone antag status, serious station damage etc) Stuff/events like "Someone with litearly PANDORA BOX" is in my opinion fun stuff that could and SHOULD be done soo extended won't get boring. Personally after I spoke and participated in Sylas events I can say that she did not meant harm and usually thier events are nicley planed and well executeed. I recommend rest of staff that you dont Punish Sylas since she/he is nice creative person that actually spends thier own time to create events and sutff for players to enjoy. I acutally think that there should be punishment pushed agains CptAzure for poor escalation and RP since you cannot JUST KILL SOMEONE TO CLONE HIM CUZ HE HAVE A HAT COME FUCKING ON.
Last edited by Slomka on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

CptAzure

Post by CptAzure »

You can't remove the hat through surgery. I tried. I tried every method I knew of, tried surgery, tried to melt it off. Nothing worked. I stated about how the kill n clone was a last resort. I didn't like it, but it worked, and it was the only method that showed any promise. To the crew, necropolis stuff was bad, and considering you spawned a hellmouth in front of me, I was fully inclined to believe this was a delta threat. At no point did things look to be turning for the better until the ERT arrived. Sec went to sleep soon after the first time Artyom was cloned. The only reason lethals were being used on Artyom was because the adrenals and freedom implant made it damn impossible to keep him down and tied. I had no intent to pull him out of the round completely, I cloned him every time he died. When he was spaced, it was only when things had finally gotten out of hand and the blank bodies were killed. The captain only put the locker of guns together long after the box had been opened, trust me, that locker only showed up when the monastery opened to hell.

Girdo

Post by Girdo »

Correct me if I've misunderstood.

You arrived late, and found people with tinfoil hats. You discovered the only way to remove them was to kill n' clone, and did so to people who agreed. Artyom, however, did NOT agree to having the hat removed, and ran off screaming about a box. You take it into your own hands to "cure" someone of.... having a hat, I guess. He has nonlethal abilities that allow him solely to escape from the clutches of people who want to, and I quote, "cure him" against his will.

You took great offense to this and proceeded to validhunt him as a CMO throughout the round because you wanted oh-so-badly to take his hat off. If he were at least showing signs of being a threat to the crew that'd be one thing, but you constantly targeted him for existing with a tinfoil hat.

I'm still entirely confused on what prompted you to do what YOU did. From what I can see from the round logs, Artyom hadn't attacked anyone. He hadn't even asked you to take his hat off. He was acting crazy, yes, and you retaliated in a salt-filled murderbone against him specifically because "I wanted his hat gone". I don't care that lethals were the "only way to take Artyom down". My point is, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE HIM DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?! The box didn't actually pose a threat until much later in the round, after you had killed Artyom for literally no reason. You're a CMO. You're not the Captain. You're not Security. He doesn't actually have traitor gear, he's just good at surviving. I'm not seeing a lot of blame placed on admins here, and not a lot of blame placed on yourself.

If you can correct me on any of this, feel free, but right now I don't see anything done wrong on staff's side.
Last edited by Girdo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

Just to clear things up for anyone who doesn't know: You're not supposed to be able to take tinfoil hats off yourself. It's part of the gimmick. HOWEVER, others ARE supposed to be able to take it off as normal, and the fact that they couldn't is a bug that has been fixed.
Awoo