[RP] - Jubanistan, Huffo, Mouseofthecake

mouseofthecake

Re: [RP] - Jubanistan, Huffo, Mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Then that's for her to refute. I let her off the hook purely because she did nothing other than have it on her person. I've already explained how I and the hoss aren't to blame. If OP wants to go after her for carrying a machete, they can be my guest.

VailTheWolf

Post by VailTheWolf »

You are still overlooking the majority of this complaint. This complaint is mainly focused on the matter that you made claims that this is an IAA/SOP issue, despite me saying multiple times that Rini was simply being charged with Corporate Regulations 212 Major Contraband.

"To possess, use, or distribute dangerous contraband items, including drugs.
The key word is dangerous. The contraband has to be dangerous to someone other than the person using it, such as guns or distributing drugs, or the contraband is designed with the specific purpose of breaking into secure areas (such as an emag, or bluespace harpoon, but not multitools or insulated gloves, as those have a legitimate intended purpose). Permits written by the Head of Security, Colony Director, or Central Command will override this law. The Chief Medical Officer can also authorize the possession of normally illegal drugs through prescriptions. Research is allowed to possess any contraband so long as they comply with their Contraband Policy."

The CMO is not an SAR. The CMO in question did not have a weapons permit. The CMO was carrying a lethal weapon, that while can be used by game mechanics can be used to cut pizza, is still a weapon. The CMO does not in any capacity have clearance to brandish weapons normally. Using previous rounds to justify use in the current round is not allowed. The Guide to Contraband states as follows: "Weapons Any item that has the sole purpose of causing injury to another is major contraband. The chef's kitchen knife is not contraband, an assistant's butterfly knife is. Lethal ammunition also falls under this."

Just because I join as a chemist and make grenades per my job, does not mean I am cleared to carry grenades on my person. Just because I'm the HOP, that doesn't mean I can give myself all access and go get weapons out of the armory on a greenshift.

It doesn't matter what the intent was. Replace Rini and CMO with Explorer, Researcher or SAR and you would have never interjected to carrying weapons outside of the department. Why would Rini need a machete, as a CMO on greenshift, to cut pizza when the Kitchen was already open and Rini had a Borg following them? They don't have a reason explainable enough to drop major contraband charges, which is the minimum charge warranted for the item in question.

A tool, such as a machete, is still a lethal weapon made for combat. That is why it differentiates from something like a kitchen knife. You can't twist my words around, claim that this is only an SOP violation, and then let out a suspect while I'm in the middle of processing them just because you have access to Security. If this wasn't malicious in nature to completely ignore how our Corporate Regulations work, then why did you continue to whisper and sign instead of speaking normally?

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

I said it was an SOP violation because nothing was done with the machete other than cut pizza. You apply regulations when someone commits an actual crime with the item, not when they use it to cut food. In this case, you should've told her that she wasn't allowed to carry it and confiscated it off of her, not given her a major contraband charge for nothing. You should've took it off of her and submitted a complaint to IA/myself instead of immediately applying a severe charge on her. Keep in mind that the Head of Security, the one who's in charge of deciding and handling sentencing, agreed with me.

Intent is the CRUX of security sentencing. The fact that you think otherwise is unsurprising.

I was whispering to Yasmin to bring her up to speed on what happaned, as she entered the room a few minutes after me. I never signed back to Rini.

VailTheWolf

Post by VailTheWolf »

I'm going to retort again that is not how you handle contraband charges. They were actively showing that they were in violation of the Corporate Regulation. They were brought to processing to serve the minimum allotted penalty.
"Additional
The Colony Director is not above Corporate Regulations, and can be arrested by Security for breaking it. The only time that the Corporate Regulations can be overridden is when there is an imminent and overwhelming threat to the station, such as during Code Delta evacuations.

Pardons are only legitimate if they come from a NanoTrasen higher-up (that is, someone who ranks above the Colony Director). Despite his high ranking, the Colony Director cannot spit in the face of Corporate Regulations, and any attempts to do so are infractions."

There is nothing in the CR or SOP that says that you can't be charged for CR violations until you break other CR sections. Violating Corporate Regulation on contraband is still violating Corporate Regulations as a whole and is an arrest able offence. You're ignoring the factors in play for why this item is Major Contraband at minimum. Possession of a weapon is still a violation of 212.

Harakoniwarhawk

Post by Harakoniwarhawk »

Just going to post this here as evidence regarding "Rini gets away with it because she's Rini"
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

This is a Medical doctor and a friend of Rini's, begging the security commander to give Rini a machete because she may need it.
Like i said, she has a history of this.
Last edited by Harakoniwarhawk on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VailTheWolf

Post by VailTheWolf »

Since we're going based on this supposedly being an SOP problem. SOP states as follows:
"Contraband Policy
Any items (including weapons) handled by the Research Department, even those normally deemed illegal by NanoTrasen, are completely legal within the confines of the research department. The moment these weapons leave the department, security is permitted to arrest for contraband as per Corporate Regulations §212. This includes combat mechs. And yes, combat mechs that don't have weapons equipped are still combat mechs.
All weapons handled by the research department should be for explicitly scientific purposes. The Research Director may selectively suspend this right at any time for any scientist for any reason.
The outdoor area of the surface level is considered within the Research Department's weapon allowance zone.
If one or more of these weapons are used in a crime within the Research Department, this weapons policy is null and the weapons are treated as contraband upon arrest.
Explosives and launchers are to be handled with a bomb suit worn at all times.
Any accidents relating to handling contraband are to be reported immediately immediately to security and the research director. If an injury results from such a mishap, the medical staff should also be informed. If station damage occurs, contact engineering staff.
Moving of weapons through main corridors is strictly forbidden. If security wants weapons for their own uses, or if there's a gateway mission about to happen, weapons may not be transported by scientists. All weapons must be transported by security officers as couriers.
Explorers are the exception to the above restrictions. An explorer may carry arms and armor outside of the Research Department, but only to and from the gateway prep area, or shuttle hangar. Any off-duty explorer possessing weapons may be charged according to normal Corporate Regulations."

§212 was, is, and will continue to be the minimum charge for handling Explorers lethal equipment not as an Explorer with a permit.

Even further still, we have made this policy apply to all departments based on it remaining within their department and not just to the Research Department. The SAR gear applies to Medical as much as it does the Exploration department and Research Department. No matter how you look at it applying the SOP and CR together, Rini would still be in violation of §212.

Kazkin

Post by Kazkin »

I'll make this short as I was asked to weigh in on this, in the past week alone Rini has been charged with major contraband three times by myself alone for having a machete. One of which was the shift right after the one that spawned this complaint. The major concern was already hit on the head in my book by InfinitelyThinRectangles in that a head of staff player, a regular one, has consistently gotten away with a very obvious regulation break and seems to be doing so based entirely on their meta clique. Correct, nobody was hurt by her stealing a machete and carrying it, but it was still a regulation violation that she should definitely be charged for.

We've had RP staff say for a long time now they would crack down on bad heads and bad security and nothing has been done. This is a perfect example of why, when a very legitimate and constant regulation break is brought up the response is "Well nobody was hurt so who cares about regulation?" When we all know if this was someone other than Rini this would not fly.
Characters: Momcat RD, Rat monk, Vampire idiot, Giant troll woman.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon."

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Vail, the colony director and head of security retain the right to sentence as they see fit. It doesn't matter how many clauses you copy and paste; corporate regulation punishments are a SUGGESTION for a reason. They can be anything from brig time to a stern warning. If you don't agree with how that works, take it to the headmins. If you're doing it solely because Rini keeps doing it, take it up with her.

Kazkin, I would've done the same to almost anyone else, because I'd much rather solve the problem quickly than waste several dozen minutes of my time containing a prisoner within the brig, especially when said prisoner barely did anything. Maybe if they had actually done anything of note with the machete, it'd be the brig for them. But they didn't, so, there's that.

VailTheWolf

Post by VailTheWolf »

The SOP states the exact opposite of what you just claimed. Neither the HoS or CD can pardon charges. All three of you abused your powers as head roles to violate CR and SOP.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

I never said it was a pardon. We took the machete from her, didn't we?