[RP] - Jubanistan, Huffo, Mouseofthecake

VailTheWolf

Re: [RP] - Jubanistan, Huffo, Mouseofthecake

Post by VailTheWolf »

The minimum penalty and minimum charge possible was Major Contraband, Confiscate and Fifteen minutes. You let them go with your access while I was in the middle of processing.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Just to make it extra clear: I'm not justifying Rini carrying a machete around. It's not a good habit. I'm arguing that the penalty far outweighed the crime.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Vail, again; corporate regulation has a list of punishments for crimes. Said punishments are merely suggestions. They can be whatever the arresting officer or their superior wants it to be, within reason. Simply confiscating the item of a contraband charge falls within this category. You don't need to have a person present to modify their security records to say "contraband", which is why I let Rini go.

Sylas

Post by Sylas »

Now that Im home

The issue with Rini is that they supposedly take a weapon, on the regular, as CMO when they dont explicitly need it at the time.

My answer for this is I'll keep an eye on this kind of behavior, because it *is* powergame if that's the case. I suggest Rini shy away from that behavior, if this is true, as well.

As for the arrest and charges. In the end of all things, the HoS has full say in how a person is sentenced. However, by corp regs intent is only a factor where the crime has a victim, such as manslaughter or murder.

This is where intent determines which crime, and therefor which punishment. There are special cases at the bottom of corp-regs such as cooperation, coercion, whatever, that can change how a sentence is made.
The regulation of major contraband, 212, takes into account that the contraband is dangerous. The machetes that explorers/SaRs are provided are provided with the purpose of being used as a weapon. They are not a tool, and for the CMO to continually posess it after the dire need has passed means that the posession is a 212 infraction, period. The intent doesnt matter, they broke a regulation and should be punished for it.

What I would do in this case i offer them the chance to turn it in, and leave it at that if they comply. Especially if they werent abusing it with hostile intent, as turning in contraband nullifies the posession of it, not the use of it. This response isnt constant, because like I said, its case by case. Its up to the officer and their superior.

I also dont think its really fair to usurp a case like that, on the HoS and CD's side. But due to the fact that the CMO was being charged, I can understand the involvement of the CMO's superior, which the HoS and CD are allowed to determing additional charges if they feel its necessary.

This is largely IC, and a few factors are a bit suspicious, and Ill be sure to have myself and other staff keep an eye open on these factors.

Tl;dr, After some reading and thinking, only wrong done was Rini's possession of the machete. The response was heated but overall reasonable on all sides.

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

kevinz000 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:02 pm
golden question

who was hurt by the cmo having a machete to cut pizza.
Contraband is contraband tho.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I'd like to note something. The other day when Rini got arrested for having a machete was the first time they'd been mentioned having one in admin chat, and that was passed off because they were going into the underdark to rescue someone that got eaten by a corrupt hound. Vali ahelping about the CD not letting them arrest her for having one was the second time this has come to admin attention. Yes its powergaming, but everyone saying "Rini is only getting away with this because they're Rini" is a baseless accusation. Rini hasnt been spoken to about it for this long because admins weren't aware it was happening, because we dont check people's bags all the time. I'd like to remind people that next time somethjng like this happens, to please ahelp it instead of sitting on your hands and yelling about admin metabuddies.

Harakoniwarhawk

Post by Harakoniwarhawk »

HazelBailey wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:36 am
I'd like to note something. The other day when Rini got arrested for having a machete was the first time they'd been mentioned having one in admin chat, and that was passed off because they were going into the underdark to rescue someone that got eaten by a corrupt hound. Vali ahelping about the CD not letting them arrest her for having one was the second time this has come to admin attention. Yes its powergaming, but everyone saying "Rini is only getting away with this because they're Rini" is a baseless accusation. Rini hasnt been spoken to about it for this long because admins weren't aware it was happening, because we dont check people's bags all the time. I'd like to remind people that next time somethjng like this happens, to please ahelp it instead of sitting on your hands and yelling about admin metabuddies.
If it wasn't for the fact i heard about this after the round happened, i thought all the times i saw her with either a Machete or Fire axe?, were isolated incidents personally.
I've had a long standing issue with Ahelps on the RP server being eaten or never actually being responded to the times i do Ahelp. At least for me, i'll only ahelp if admins are online or active.

snow n' chrysanthemums

Post by snow n' chrysanthemums »

Rini charged a fully armed merc team with a fireaxe once with expedition. Was told that was handled but I thought this would be somewhat relevant.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Sorry for the late response, making it for archive purposes. As resolution discussed elsewhere, the relevant topics are under our watch.

pls ahelp things. pls