[RP] Kazkin - Unfair Brigging, Failure to Follow Chain of Command and Lack of Cooperation With Other Players

Allakai

Re: [RP] Kazkin - Unfair Brigging, Failure to Follow Chain of Command and Lack of Cooperation With Other Players

Post by Allakai »

Snowfield wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:06 am
I'm sure that there are Wardens and Commanders who would try as hard to avoid being a hardass in this situation, but I've not yet seen a similar display of restraint by a Security leader. I don't dispute that others have had different experiences with Ahz. But the Ahz that I know is a complex character who can exhibit behaviors ranging from astonishing hubris to zen-like patience.
Unfortunately, I am going to have to burst your bubble and say it is quite the contrary. It is astonishing yes of her character. But the crux of the issue is that she is right no matter what. And will be damned certain to prove you are wrong even if you are right.

I am going to have to sadly disagree with you when you say you’ve never seen restraint from Ahz when you’ve only seen her as an HoS once and that every time she is a warden she enjoys to escalate situations and throw around max sentencing like a big stick to quell anyone who dares argue with her.

I unfortunately find your points moot when you have had very little time to actually see Ahzrukhal as an HoS. And quite frankly I am unimpressed.
I cannot believe that worked. I wish I knew what I was doing.
Characters: Arrogant Cat Dad, General Grievous Rip-off HoP, mildly incestual cat doctor

Snowfield

Re: [RP] Kazkin - Unfair Brigging, Failure to Follow Chain of Command and Lack of Cooperation With Other Players

Post by Snowfield »

Allakai wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 am
I am going to have to sadly disagree with you when you say you’ve never seen restraint from Ahz when you’ve only seen her as an HoS once and that every time she is a warden she enjoys to escalate situations and throw around max sentencing like a big stick to quell anyone who dares argue with her.

I unfortunately find your points moot when you have had very little time to actually see Ahzrukhal as an HoS. And quite frankly I am unimpressed.
I said only that I've never seen as much restraint from a Security leader as I have seen from Ahz. I use the term 'leader' here in an informal sense, including HoS, Warden, or a highly experienced Security Officer.

You're entirely right that while I've seen Ahz play Warden often, I've only seen her play HoS once. Ahz has played HoS only a few times in the last couple of months. My post, and the posts of many others in this thread, refer to her play style as both a Warden and a HoS.

ForFoxSake

Post by ForFoxSake »

Thank you for taking the time to post, Snowfield.
For the most part, I agree with a lot of what you're saying. As I've no doubt, if I were playing along side Ahzrukhal in any other department, many of these problems simply would not arise.
Ahzrukhal is a nice character, and a respected part of the community.

However, there are a few things I would like to point out.
Snowfield wrote:
I hope that my fellow community members will trust me to keep my IC and OOC observations reasonably separate, as we all trust those with characters who tangle with Ahz to do the same.
Starting small. I do indeed trust you're doing your best in this regard.

But I think there is an issue that's not immediately obvious here.
Everybody who has posted in this thread, has a perspective of Ahzrukhal. And single one of these perspectives are different.
Someone who is in an "open relationship" with Ahzrukhal will be witness to a different side of the character, than their boss.
Interestingly though I find, grouping those who have encountered issues and those who haven't, an immediate pattern strikes me: All of the reported issues have been reported from characters who have a position of some authority on the station.
The only issue I've seen raised in this thread that isn't from someone who was playing a head of staff at the time, and that's Allakai's issue as the Warden.
I feel that speaks for something of the nature of Ahzrukhal's behaviour.
Snowfield wrote:
Ahz asserts her opinions with what she herself calls brutal honesty. I've yet to hear Ahz lie.
I too call myself honest, but so does everybody else.
Now, if we take the term lie, to mean deliberately speak a falsehood with the intent to deceive, then it's true I've never heard Ahz lie.
However I feel it's more accurate to call Ahzrukhal's style "selective honesty", they don't speak with intention of lying, rather they prefer to omit any information that they're uncomfortable with.
In fact omission of information, deliberate or not is a large part of my initial complaint.
Snowfield wrote:
In the incident with Kal,
Speaking of which, I don't recall how late into that round you joined.
I don't suppose you were there to recall me (the HoS) having to scold Ahzrukhal for investigating dangerous situations alone?
Or that she did that at least twice, refusing to call in situational information because, and this is a vague quote "Hold on, I'm looking into it."
(Yes, for those reading this, I'm talking about a Warden leaving the brig to find issues to investigate themselves, and refusing to tell the HoS what they're doing, when asked.)
Snowfield wrote:
After a half dozen efforts by Ahz and the HoS
At the very least, I'm hoping you'll at least have noticed that during that time, I made several attempts to take over control of the situation as the Head of Security only to have my authority completely ignored, and talked over by Ahzrukhal because "she's the responding officer".

In fact
Snowfield wrote:
Ahz finally threatened 'maximum punishments'
This particular part was completely unnecessary on her part and extended the whole situation for several minutes.
It even went against the punishments I was considering. The punishments far more likely to be handed down since I was the Head of Security.
Snowfield wrote:
during the tram trip Kal called Aster 'a whore and a traitor', and called Ahz worse.
Snowfield wrote:
but I've not yet seen a similar display of restraint by a Security leader.
Ah, right. Being called a whore takes the patience of a saint.
I assume putting up with the warden's attempt to hijack disciplinary proceedings doesn't really require much restraint, on the other hand?

I'm going to restate here, that again: I would prefer to see a resolution to this that benefits everyone.

Kazkin

Post by Kazkin »

I let some time pass and people post before replying again, in the mean time I've spoken with a few people, some of the posters in this thread. I'll sort this into something simple:

The Bad
After consideration, what do we have in this complaint? What actions do we have that are actually proven? What, spectators and posters alike, do we have with any meat? Well we have nothing. We have conjecture, assertions, and opinions (and in one case a player who I still outright am accusing of lying or dismembering) but what do we have that is actually proven in terms of the complaint of failure to follow chain of command, unfair brigging, and lack of cooperation? I see no screenshots, I see no evidence, I see just baseless assertions (some of it does have merit mind, see below) and I'm not going to bother to further pick apart arguments based in feeling and lacking evidence. The only thing of noteworthy merit is the unfair brigging, we have one incident where I indeed did unfairly brig not just one person but several. While the charges were valid and I standby this the sentencing time was not. But, and this is important, this matter happened nearly 2 months ago and was resolved with my apology the shift after it happened. Has anything like this happened again? We have the situation with Nefreta, who was given a very long sentence for breaking into the R&D server as HoP, while it was a dick move in retrospect it was still within the bounds of regulation sentencing. Ergo, no rules were broken. The onus of evidence is on part of the complaint filer, not myself, if you wish to lambast me for my actions prove them. You'll notice in the most recent complaint I filed on another player I had a mountain of evidence against them with many many many screenshots. In other words, condemn with facts, not feelings. The exact date I started playing security was 19/6/14, in that time I have played nearly every day as warden barring Sunday nights. I only join shifts at round start, this means that between as of writing and my start date 67 days have passed. Lets assume I play only a minimum of 3 hour shifts and with the time allotted have played roughly 59 shifts minimum (as some days I play multiple shifts). This equates to 177 hours worth of game time in the last 3 months, in that massive amount of time the only unfair brigging that can be brought up is the aforementioned situations. 2 events. Given my play time, that implies heavily my mistakes are few and far between.

The tag line of security (and by extension any management position such as with the admin team) might as well be: Everything you do wrong is carved in stone and everything you do right is forgotten instantly. Let me bring attention to a bit of irony involving Allakai, who has begun playing recently as a secret set of security characters. Before I read any posts in this thread we had a shift together as HoS and security officer where he himself as an officer got into a verbal slap fight with another officer and then lost his temper and challenged them to a fist fight on the holodeck. I first walked into this argument while he and Ayame were slinging insults and the warden, Azru, was trying to break the escalating fight up. Ahz, being the HoS at the time, merely observed without input until Azru told Uzekel (Allakai) to go on patrol. Uzekel angrily retorted that the warden had no power over him but I told him to do it as a way to resolve the argument which, after 10 minutes, didn't go anywhere. Ahz didn't raise her voice, didn't bark out harsh orders, and didn't try to throw her weight around. Her only comment was and I quote "Ahzrukhal Ahkeen takes a long drag on her smoke. "Do as he says, Uzekel." She says quietly."

The argument was then continued on security comms when Uzekel went on patrol. At this point Allison (the same player of Iru) the colony director got involved. Seeking to end this matter discretely Ahz let some time pass and discussed the situation with Allison before resolving to speak to both officers in her office. Starting with Uzekel the conversation lasted about twenty minutes. At no point did Ahz order him to do anything, in fact she listened and heard his side and pointed out that while his unathi culture dictated a duel was okay this was a human run station and such events are frowned upon (as challenging co-workers who say mean things to fights is childish by human standards). It eventually ended with Ahz stating that she was not interested in doing anything official because people are allowed to have their opinions, contentious or not, she only advised him to keep a recorder on his person so if Ayame instigated again he would be protected. During some of this conversation Allison was present but left after seemingly growing tired of Uzekel and his posturing (note this is conjecture on my part). Her only concern was making sure that Uzekel could set personal differences aside and work as a team. This situation specifically highlights that many things complained about by several people in this thread is not the case every single shift like they make it out to be. As I've said, everything you do right is forgotten immediately.

But this develops into something even funnier, because Snowfield says Ahzrukhal has a zen-like patience and I proved it in front of Allison who became so frustrated while listening to Ayame in my office that they left after stating astonishment at the brass balls of the argument Ayame had. I spent roughly 20 minutes discussing Ayame's behavior and to cut it short Ayame's stance as far as Uzekel was is he was a man child that needed to learn to shut his mouth. When Ahz once again stated Ayame is entitled to her opinion she then questioned if Ayame could work as a team still. Ayame then explained she took her job very seriously and felt that security was too soft. In fact she stated that security should taze and arrest people more often and, I quote this, "people should fear the taser." This whole conversation was entirely disagreeable to Ahzrukhal and she said as much to Ayame, that we're not police, that de-escalation has priority over incapacitation and violence and that discretion in charging, specifically mercy, was the better way of doing it. Ayame steadfastly disagreed and called Ahz soft and weak. Again, Ahz didn't react, didn't throw her weight around, and didn't even consider firing Ayame. Ahzrukhal understands officers can have their own opinions no matter how rude they may come off as. After confirming that Ayame could still function as a team and do her job properly she was let go to return to duty. I highlight this situation because Allakai condemns me for unfitting actions in security while challenging other officers to fights over insults. During this whole event I will state, Ahz kept the CD informed every step of the way, from the conversation said and the end result of what actions would be taken. Absolutely everything was conveyed even when Allison left because they did not have the patience to stay and listen.

I highlight this situation because, before reading their comments in this thread, I was involved in a situation with some of the detractors here and didn't act at all how they make me out to be. Everything you do wrong is carved in stone, everything you do right is forgotten immediately. As an aside, indirectly accusing me of lying by omission is poor show when I very bluntly and directly state things no matter how unpopular. This attitude of me as a player has earned the ire of some because everyone, including me, should be called out when they fuck up or do something wrong. When I or Ahzrukhal fucks up I openly admit my failure and apologize as proven by my track record. That said, some of the things said here have merit, which leads me to...

The Good
Ahzrukhal is not a humble person, her old age and development over the 2 years I have played as her has had her advance into a highly skilled person. She is highly accomplished in science, specifically circuits and robotics, and in combat, specifically for explorations. She additionally has skills in chemistry and first aid like most explorers. Given the overlap between exploration and security I, at the behest directly from Allakai and Skycave, joined security with the intent of making it better several months ago. Ahzrukhal is extremely confident in her old age and an extremely stubborn person, while she openly admits her faults and mistakes she does not change her mind easily without a good argument. None of this is helped by her ego as she openly boast about her knowledge and past accomplishments. This hubris is very jarring and a flaw of her character, this needs to stop. Upon reflection of things in this thread I would state that Ahzrukhal respects the chain of command and does work with other people, but her stubborn nature and ego are certainly jarring to some people and it doesn't present a good face for a leader nor of a person capable of compromise (whether she has done so in the past or not). With that in mind that is something Ahzrukhal is working on as a result of this thread, treating some of what is said here as complaints given to her at central command, as a reason for her change in behavior. ITR/Charlie/Vaughn/Aster have told this in character, with Ahzrukhal stating that recent complaints at central has made her realize her ego and hubris need to be vastly toned down because its unfitting for her current position. A feeling that has been agreed upon by the people she has said as much to in character and by the conversations I've had privately. Ahzrukhal needs to learn humility, both in respects to her past accomplishments as an explorer and her skills. While it is on record much of her ability is propped up on a crutch by her cybernetic augmentation that is not an excuse for the boasting. This thread as made me realize this would be a positive change for both her as a character and for the community, as some people certainly take issue with her presentation and attitude. She is not perfect, in fact I'd say she is deeply flawed, but that does not mean some things cannot be worked on or changed.

As I've said, I openly admit my mistakes and faults. How Ahzrukhal betrays herself should be changed. Her approach of maxing charges for security members and heads of staff, upon reflection and discussion with others, should be altered. While I fully standby holding members of security and the command staff to a higher standard in terms of regulation and SoP breaks bringing down a hammer so hard, to reference my blacksmithing background, can warp and fracture the structure in the metal in a way unintended. In other words, while I will still sharply reprimand heads and security who break regulation (such as stealing items, breaking into secure areas, harm batonning people, acting as security etc. etc.) I'll practice more discretion and mercy when considering charges, specifically looking at the intent and situation around the problem instead of going directly for the neck.
Characters: Momcat RD, Rat monk, Vampire idiot, Giant troll woman.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon."

ForFoxSake

Post by ForFoxSake »

Now, throughout this thread, I've attempted to address specific points in other's posts, in order to keep everything direct and on point. But I can see that the verbosity of that angle has lead to my entire point being lost in the flood of words.

Kazkin, I didn't start this thread to create a bandwagon of people chanting for you to be banned. And so far, I see no evidence of anyone here taking on that attitude.
(Unlike your own complaint against JGlitch, but that isn't relevant here.)
I made this thread, in the hope that once everyone had posted their thoughts, you'd realise this isn't a witch hunt, and that we're not out for blood.
We just want to make the security department a more enjoyable place to roleplay, and I think everyone's done a wonderful job explaining their grievances with the way you've been playing recently.

You complain about there being "insufficient evidence", disregarding the multiple times I've said I'm avoiding posting evidence here as I'm not looking for repentance or punishment for any individual incident. This whole time, all I wished for was that you'd see how upset everyone is with you, and that you'd be willing to make some changes to accommodate us.
Though, seeing as you desperately want evidence in this thread, I think it's about time I provided some.
Here's a screenshot from the 13th of August, 2019. (That's two days ago from this post, and after this thread was opened):

As it shows, despite all the input this thread has received, asking as politely as we can for you to stop pushing for maximum charges and ignoring the spirit of corporate regulations when dealing with crimes, you're continuing you take that stance against literally everyone's wishes.
You've made claim in previous posts that these actions were admin encouraged but Nethaufer asked, and I've asked twice for you to post proof of this so called admin encouragement but we've yet to see any word to back up your claim at all.

There were two major points to this entire thread:
  1. Please stop charging maxmium charges on weak cases.
  2. Please stop ignoring the chain of command and going against your superior's orders.
Yet, somehow you've decided that both of these aren't relevant to the topic at hand, and have decided to ignore every attempt all of us have made at reaching out to you here.

As such, I recognize that I'm wasting my time addressing you, and this will be my last post addressing these issues or attempting to get my point across.
Any further posts will posts will simply be to provide evidence or address admin questions/posts.

P.S: We're still waiting on evidence of your admin encouragement/authorization.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

"The Bad
After consideration, what do we have in this complaint? What actions do we have that are actually proven? What, spectators and posters alike, do we have with any meat? Well we have nothing. We have conjecture, assertions, and opinions"

Well, if you needed admin-reviewed proof that Ahz can't follow the chain of command, why didn't you ask me?

Ahz, as a pathfinder, once built two medibots and stuffed them in the exploration shuttle, with the excuse that those were her 'crew', in order to solo-explore. When I, as the CD, asked if she was serious, she simply laughed in my face and left the station via explo shuttle. Without even asking for my permission.

That's piracy, by the way. We have a head of security main. Who's a pirate. They're not job-banned, but they're still a pirate. They did this a lot, apparently.

Once Ahz finally made her way back on-station and was confronted by myself, ready to carry out her arrest, they LOOC'd that, and I quote, "I have to (personal reason which I won't disclose), but I'd love to stay and see the fallout of this", before disconnecting. The admins whom were present at the time, Flump and Hazel included, saw it fit to not punish Kaz, as they had to leave to attend to a personal matter. That's completely fine.

It turns out that they had to simply answer their phone, instead.

So, Ahz comes back literally the next round, and immediately proceeds to brag about "escaping" piracy charges on account of a "technicality" (the medibots).

I know that I don't have any right to hold people accountable for things, and that Kazkin's business is their own, and that their reason for leaving was legitimate. But, I'm simply finding it exceedingly hard to swallow the fact that, after answering their phone to acquire vital, personal, urgent information, their first response was to immediately hop back onto spacemans and brag about not being fired and HuT'd because of someone else's good-will. I'm not even digging deeper into her blatant disregard for the chain of command, which should've rightfully earned her a job-ban at the very least.

This is all I'll bother to add to this discourse. This incident was, like, a week ago. I've only recently been encouraged to bring it to this thread. I hope it adds something to the table.

raiq

Post by raiq »

Gonna toss my public two cents in here.

This convo was started on discord immediately after a shift in which I, as the HoS, arrested someone whom had contraband on them they refused to give up until after nearly 15 minutes of arguing, only to resist arrest and attempt to disposal themselves to escape. When I, the HoS, brought the person up to press charges of contraband (which filled every single floor tile in the processing room), along with the resisting arrest charges, Ahz decided they would nitpick the resisting arrest charges because there was "no proof".

Note that multiple people heard the tazer shots as I moved the person to the sec room above the cafe to be searched.

After arguing with them for over a half hour in which they acted like they fully exceeded the authority of the HoS, having an IAA argue that ""WELL TECHNICALLY THERE'S NO EVIDENCE"", Kazkin proceeded to DM me this when I brought up with admins how their playstyle is genuinely unfun.

Notice the convo immediately baiting another argument. Ultimately, Kazkin argued for the pure sake of arguing, attempting to use the statement "Well you coulda just asked me to give you the benefit of the doubt". You're damn right I got upset when the Warden is sitting and refusing to acknowledge the charges that their boss gives, and saw themselves, particularly in a way that allows any criminal to get away scot free if they flip on their "friendly face " when Ahz sees it.

Under that logic if a officer witnesses a crime by themselves, as long as the criminal puts on their goody two shoes face, Ahzrukhal will defend them to the letter if there's no proof other than the word of the officer, which is backwards logic and absolutely promotes issues within ranks if there isn't a factor of trust involved.

Ultimately, I believe that Avarace's comment in #staff-forum sums up exactly my logic.
^Noting that the dude was 1) wearing a baklava and running around acting shady as reported via PDA that they were trying to sell weapons and 2) literally had so much contraband every tile in the processing room had a weapon on it when spread out.

LordDoge

Post by LordDoge »

Kazkin wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:19 am
At this point Allison (the same player of Iru) the colony director got involved.

Allison was present but left after seemingly growing tired of Uzekel and his posturing (note this is conjecture on my part).

But this develops into something even funnier, because Snowfield says Ahzrukhal has a zen-like patience and I proved it in front of Allison

Absolutely everything was conveyed even when Allison left because they did not have the patience to stay and listen.
So, I feel I should post again seeing as another one of my characters was pulled into this.
As stated previously, this is not a witch hunt, this is simply a group of people wanting to see change for security and the other command positions.

Let's start at something positive. I actually did quite like the actions of Ahz in this scenario. She did her job, talked to her officers and reported what I needed to know. That's fair, I totally like that. As a personal note for what happened, Allison did not leave due to the lack of patience, she left because she had trust in Ahzrukhal to continue on with the talk to the trouble makers because she saw she could do it.

In all honesty, if I see Ahz follow the chain of command and such, I would have no issue with ending this. But, just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it wont happen again and that is my primary concern. I'll also be the first to say I did like the actions Ahz did with the two troublemakers, but that is not enough as just on this forum they continue to see this as a witch hunt with us out for blood. If it continues going like this, the point of even making an attempt to get a change is lost. We can keep throwing stories back at each other as much as we like, but the underlying point of the original post has not been answered.

InfinitelyThinRectanges

Post by InfinitelyThinRectanges »

I know for a fact that I don't owe anyone an apology for having an opinion, and I am really not enjoying the feeling of ending up on the same side of this argument as someone I have a historic dislike for, but I feel like I've got to say this. I'm sorry Kaz, I really am, especially as I genuinely enjoy your company. But:
Ms. Ahkeen is a hulking, muscle-bound, 'big tiddied' cyborg Tajara woman. A strong-headed Pathfinder, Roboticist, Research Director, Warden, and Head of Security with a supposed enhanced mental and motor functions able to casually lift in excess of 1,200 lbs. All whilst being near the top of her field in Redspace theory, anomalies, and artifacts, hand-to-hand combat, ranged weaponry, and having at very least a passing ability of spacecraft piloting and navigation. Whilst being fueled by nothing but sex, violence, and unironically, cocaine.

She is an ego and a powertrip on two legs. A running theme in her abilities is that she is better than you regardless of the subject, she knows better than you, because she was/is the [previous job] or has dabbled in [current subject]. Not only is she better than you, she is above you in authority, because she's Ahz, obviously. This is not a character flaw, as it's treated as absolute and objective fact.

Which brings me to the grinding issue, that being that both in and out of character, Ahz and Kaz are immovable, steadfast, and determined in being right. No matter how wrong she is, she is right and anyone who opposes her is objectively incorrect and stupid for being so wrong. Ahz knows best.

Point this out, or any of the frankly absurd features of this character, and you are wrong to her player, Kaz.
I don't have a long history of interaction with Skraak, but he's absolutely bang on the money and honestly I couldn't have said it better myself. Ahzrukhal as a character is absolutely bloody ludicrous in terms of sheer number of capabilities, skills and fields of prior experiences and if she'd been pitched like this from the very beginning instead of it just kind of being something that you exposed about her gradually as she's been around, so that it's a slow boil rather than a big lump in one go, they'd have been laughed out of the server the moment someone heard all of this. And it pains me so much to say this 'cos I like interacting with them, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

People like to point at Dane Guastava as an example of an unbelieveable character, given that he apparently is super-duper hyper rich and older than time or something daft, and while it's nowhere near as extreme in your case I've gotta say now that I sit here and read it as Skraak puts it, from a zoomed-out perspective, he's...Right. And I don't like that, but he is.

Similarly, it's pretty hard to argue with the points raised in here about you just having a mind like a hammer, and treating everything else like a nail. I'm not sure if you remember but when we first met IC, I made a point in-character about how this...I don't know how to phrase it, this aggression, this constant desire to charge to the front and lead everything ever, this sense of having just the unquestioned right to have everyone obey you, this "Protag Syndrome" I guess, was going to cause you problems.

I guess things like what's happening here are exactly what I was inelegantly trying to refer to. And I'll say now as I said then, please try to chill out and tone it down a little. I was like this once, and it left me a pariah for a long time and I'm sure there's plenty of main staff who still remember me as that guy. It's not fun for other people and things like this thread are gonna stop it being fun for you, too.

There's a good chance this comes off as a cringe-inducing rant of little real substance, but please at least consider what I've had to say.

Gonna edit this to add more instead of making a second post:

I can't comment much on specific incidents because I've not been around much lately, but I happened to be observing and tabbing in and out for the shuttle hijack incident.

To the best of my understanding, you DID head out alone on an expedition without any kind of authorisation and with nobody but some medbots along with you, and the fact that you didn't get an IC smack for that boggles my mind.

What boggles it even harder is that you pulled the excuse you did to get away from IC punishment for it, that the staff believed or chose to believe this, and that you then had the audacity to brag about this.

That's not cool, dude. That's really, really not cool and I'm still genuinely stunned that you didn't get pulled up on that as far as I know.

Kazkin

Post by Kazkin »

ForFoxSake wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 am
Snip
It's really weird how you immediately cherry pick a conversation for screenshots but conveniently leave out the part of not only them saying they've never seen me demote someone but me explaining I haven't ever even tried to demote someone as security. See the attached photo.
Rocket 1.PNG
Rocket 1.PNG (50 KiB) Viewed 5317 times
What's even more weird is you seem to not have read my post.
While I fully standby holding members of security and the command staff to a higher standard in terms of regulation and SoP breaks bringing down a hammer so hard, to reference my blacksmithing background, can warp and fracture the structure in the metal in a way unintended. In other words, while I will still sharply reprimand heads and security who break regulation (such as stealing items, breaking into secure areas, harm batonning people, acting as security etc. etc.) I'll practice more discretion and mercy when considering charges, specifically looking at the intent and situation around the problem instead of going directly for the neck.
That is pretty much an open statement that I agreed that max charging heads was too harsh.
That's piracy, by the way. We have a head of security main. Who's a pirate. They're not job-banned, but they're still a pirate. They did this a lot, apparently.

Once Ahz finally made her way back on-station and was confronted by myself, ready to carry out her arrest, they LOOC'd that, and I quote, "I have to (personal reason which I won't disclose), but I'd love to stay and see the fallout of this", before disconnecting. The admins whom were present at the time, Flump and Hazel included, saw it fit to not punish Kaz, as they had to leave to attend to a personal matter. That's completely fine.

It turns out that they had to simply answer their phone, instead.
The reason why I said I would have liked to see the fallout was because in our wiki that the game directly links to Nanotrasen has NOT signed the space admiralty law treaty. This makes enforcing space law, such as piracy, impossible in NT sectors despite it being a galaxy wide decree. This issue, given the technicality of defining crew members, would have simply be interesting to see the result of. However before my expedition was even over I got a call from my mother and had to pick her up from the hospital because as it turned out my aunt had been diagnosed with cancer. I made it back on station to log myself out and then left to pick up my other, a task which took roughly an hour. All of this, including the admission of my aunt's health, was stated on the discord. I was not bragging about 'avoiding charges' and I do not do solo expeditions normally. I have only once done it before this event because the round was extremely low pop (the round mouse references in question was lowpop as well during the start). I did not log out to avoid punishment, I logged out because I had a family issue that took time to handle, when I returned home with my mother she took a sedative and went to sleep. I then got back on my computer and joined the next round half an hour later.

After arguing with them for over a half hour in which they acted like they fully exceeded the authority of the HoS, having an IAA argue that ""WELL TECHNICALLY THERE'S NO EVIDENCE"", Kazkin proceeded to DM me this when I brought up with admins how their playstyle is genuinely unfun.
The fact you misrepresent this really makes me think less of you, Raiq. I sent that message after you came into the discord public voice chat and began to argue with me and several other people over who was right. In this situation the discord chat swayed in my favor and I laughed at you because in this heated argument you got very upset when you didn't get your way and even more upset when people sided with me.

You are also ignoring a very key and important detail. As warden I questioned the validity of a charge and had the IAA and CD look it over. BOTH of them sided with me and said the charge should be dropped. You were wrong.
In all honesty, if I see Ahz follow the chain of command and such, I would have no issue with ending this. But, just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it wont happen again and that is my primary concern. I'll also be the first to say I did like the actions Ahz did with the two troublemakers, but that is not enough as just on this forum they continue to see this as a witch hunt with us out for blood. If it continues going like this, the point of even making an attempt to get a change is lost. We can keep throwing stories back at each other as much as we like, but the underlying point of the original post has not been answered.
Read the below.
Ahzrukhal is extremely confident in her old age and an extremely stubborn person, while she openly admits her faults and mistakes she does not change her mind easily without a good argument. None of this is helped by her ego as she openly boast about her knowledge and past accomplishments. This hubris is very jarring and a flaw of her character, this needs to stop. Upon reflection of things in this thread I would state that Ahzrukhal respects the chain of command and does work with other people, but her stubborn nature and ego are certainly jarring to some people and it doesn't present a good face for a leader nor of a person capable of compromise (whether she has done so in the past or not). With that in mind that is something Ahzrukhal is working on as a result of this thread, treating some of what is said here as complaints given to her at central command, as a reason for her change in behavior. ITR/Charlie/Vaughn/Aster have told this in character, with Ahzrukhal stating that recent complaints at central has made her realize her ego and hubris need to be vastly toned down because its unfitting for her current position. A feeling that has been agreed upon by the people she has said as much to in character and by the conversations I've had privately. Ahzrukhal needs to learn humility, both in respects to her past accomplishments as an explorer and her skills. While it is on record much of her ability is propped up on a crutch by her cybernetic augmentation that is not an excuse for the boasting. This thread as made me realize this would be a positive change for both her as a character and for the community, as some people certainly take issue with her presentation and attitude. She is not perfect, in fact I'd say she is deeply flawed, but that does not mean some things cannot be worked on or changed.

As I've said, I openly admit my mistakes and faults. How Ahzrukhal betrays herself should be changed. Her approach of maxing charges for security members and heads of staff, upon reflection and discussion with others, should be altered. While I fully standby holding members of security and the command staff to a higher standard in terms of regulation and SoP breaks bringing down a hammer so hard, to reference my blacksmithing background, can warp and fracture the structure in the metal in a way unintended. In other words, while I will still sharply reprimand heads and security who break regulation (such as stealing items, breaking into secure areas, harm batonning people, acting as security etc. etc.) I'll practice more discretion and mercy when considering charges, specifically looking at the intent and situation around the problem instead of going directly for the neck.
______
I guess things like what's happening here are exactly what I was inelegantly trying to refer to. And I'll say now as I said then, please try to chill out and tone it down a little. I was like this once, and it left me a pariah for a long time and I'm sure there's plenty of main staff who still remember me as that guy. It's not fun for other people and things like this thread are gonna stop it being fun for you, too.
As I said in my above post, that is the plan of things.
Characters: Momcat RD, Rat monk, Vampire idiot, Giant troll woman.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon."