[MAIN] Unknown - Ending an on-going round.

GrayRachnid

[MAIN] Unknown - Ending an on-going round.

Post by GrayRachnid »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Unknown

Your BYOND name: GrayRachnid

Date of issue and round ID: 11/11/2019 | 20055

Reason for complaint: An admin ended an on-going round in which 5 antagonists were still alive.

Redtail

Re: [MAIN] Unknown - Ending an on-going round.

Post by Redtail »

It's routine to end the round when the wizard dies. The wizard died. The round was ended, and voted upon by all three admins online.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

No, per code, the round ends when all antagonists are dead. If that is what it is intended to be, then change the code.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Yeah that was dumb. Don't end the round when the wizard dies cus the admins want to. If anything, run a server vote. Admins shouldn't get to decide when people are done with a round. The round and those playing it should.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

wiz rounds should be force ended if there's only stuff like survivalists and xenos and ERT and similar which all lock the round from ending
slaughter demons are proper antags, there's more interesting ways to deal with them
also I feel like this says something about wizard balance code if this is an issue

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

What kevinz' said. Demons are proper antags. Don't end rounds because "oh it's close to ending and it's just so and so left."
That's not your job as an admin. If the round is PROPERLY stalled, then sure, end it, after a server vote. Otherwise, keep fingers off buttons.

sishen

Post by sishen »

survivalists, apprentices and xenos are all proper threats (though, everybody knows people on cit are too pussywhipped to ever use free antag status to have some fun) and you'll only ever see wizard xenos causing a ruckus rarely. stick to making a player vote

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Reasonable enough sure. I was just operating off of precendence I've seen of wizard rounds being ended when the wizard properly died. So, that's that I guess. Apologies, figured I was operating in the right especially with bouncing ideas off of the other admins online.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Oh I meant staff of change xenos, even willing one. I'd rather just make a code flag for antags that are allowed to end the round on death and slap it onto SoC xenos and similar. Demons and apprentices absolutely should lock round from auto ending.

Survivalists id argue are grey area but that's another discussion

MorkelebErmine

Main, MorkelebErmine, Ending round early nonsense

Post by MorkelebErmine »

I don't know the byond names of the admins inolved, but one was Chase, another was drewfus, and there was one more who I didn't manage the name of.

MorkelebErmine

2019 Nov 11, round id: 20055

Reason for Complaint. we were in the middle of a wizard round, 6 antags were still alive, all laughter and slaughter demons and we were hunting down the crew, hoping to get them all before the shuttle arrives to save them and the shift abruptly ends. Apparently the admins decided to end it early because the wizared died, ignoring 2 IMPORTANT FACTS.

One, the wizard was in fact NOT DEAD, I was a laughter demon and ate the wizard after they got killed on purpose so that he would be revived upon my death, so not only did they screw over all the demons but the wizard himself who wasn't really dead.

Two, there were SIX other antags in play, and the round isn't supposed to end unless ALL ANTAGS are dead, not just the frickin wizard. By the logic of the admins in question no laughter demon should EVER green text, because the instant the wizard dies the game is over, why even frickin bother then, I'll just take slaughter demon off my antag list if the admins won't even let them TRY to do what they are created to do. This shift cold have actually have had that happen, I've never actually SEEN a laughter demon green text before and we might have actually did it.

You know . . if the admins weren't a bunch of kill joys. Their response to our complaints were that 'it was taking too long" really? I've seen rev rounds drag on for over a hour and admins have done nothing but NOW they want to end it early? the demons themselves would have ended it early when they kiled enough crew.

The shuttle is automatically called when enough crew die after all, around 80-90% as I recall and when the matched ended over half were dead so we were close to that anyways.

Bottom line, the admins fucked up, and fucked over what could have been a memorable shift into a SHITTY one.