[MAIN] Unknown - Ending an on-going round.

Dahlular

Re: [MAIN] Unknown - Ending an on-going round.

Post by Dahlular »

Right, after a brief discussion about this in #staff-forum with the involved admins, the round-ending was definitely not kosher. Despite the roundtype being tied-down to wizard, there were still a very large amount of antags present (namely, three slaughter demons and three laughter demons) of which were still alive by the time an internal vote had occurred. Not only that, there were still 42 people alive, with approximately 15 dead. This kind of thing should stick to a public vote for the players involved in the round, rather than an internal, admin-driven one.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

(Merged Mork's post as it's identical to this complaint)

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Like I said, the decision was operating under the precedence set by other antags made by wizards typically still lending itself to ending the round early. I was informed by other admins that that isn't the case, so yeah, I messed up here. Now I know better and have been significantly better informed. My apologies to everyone.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

I'm not clear on where the three admin that voted for this sit on the warning spectrum, but this exists as well and I hope it gets used more.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

And you're ignoring what was said. There was a believed precedence for ending the round when the wizard was dead. So that was followed due to it being routine. However the context of this situatio nwas different. So sure , it was migsuided but not an absolute rulebreak of our duties as an admin. There was NO abuse of power, please don't assume such.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

I'm simply using my complaint thread to bring attention to something in admin policy that i've never seen used before. If the Headmins find no case for a warning or a strike then that's up to them. Also,

Abuse does not always imply deliberate misuse.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

You also don't have access to adminchat, so of course you wouldn't see that used before. And in this case intent is significantly important. Either way. I've said all that needs to be said and up to a headmin to close it.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

Yupp.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

Oh, to be clear, adminstrikes are something that are still used, when I was an admin, I had one.
It's not a public outing though, it's mentioned through adminchat directly to the person.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that.