[MAIN/DISCORD] Chefferz - constant open toxicity

bluefishtuna

[MAIN/DISCORD] Chefferz - constant open toxicity

Post by bluefishtuna »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Chefferz

Your BYOND name: bluefintuna

Reason for complaint:

I'm going to start this by kindly reminding anyone reading that the purpose of the forum is for the staff members and 2 non-staff members to engage in, and that any comments on either side should either be actually relevant to the matters of the complaint or be redirected to the discord staff-forum channel as something that should be questioned.

With that out of the way:

Alright, this is kinda overdue.

Chefferz has an extensive history of previous bans, admin action, previous permanent bans, and discord actions based around their open and unabashed toxicity and generally negative and questionable mindset and action.

They have had 2 permabans over the same topic, and separate from these: at least 1 headban, at least 2 discord bans, at least 1 week ban, and at least 1 three-day ban (over drawing swastikas as a hate symbol targeted specifically against someone else). These are only the ones that are on the forums, and does not include anything that hasn't had an appeal made over it.

I'll post a few links to other complaints I saw casually while looking for image quotes.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1733&hilit=chefferz
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3223
I'm not going to bother to go into depth on those, but feel free to use them to try and unveil some of the toxicity they still inspire.

I'm mostly making this complaint/ahelp/both because of their previous history, the fact they've been told to chill themselves down, and the fact that they haven't cooled at all and they've just reverted to how they were before their multitude of bans.
I'm going to specifically cite from the current citadel forums about their previous behavior and how admins have given dissent over their action. I don't want to focus on their RP server bans, because, in all honesty, I don't care if they're limited to just RP since it wont have any effect on me, and I don't have the RP server culture set in my mind, but I'll start with them to show some of the bad history they have out in the open.
Specifically pointing this out as their 2nd-most recent permaban, but also a recurring theme near the end of their post where they'll act very abrasive towards people that they're begging for help from. Not a very smart move if you want to garner support, to be honest.
Examples of their previous poor behavior that has pretty clearly repeated itself.
Even more examples of pretty common themes around chefferz that are still active despite being given a chance "on the chance they don't".
There's also this part from Nik707 that acts as a recurring theme where they're given a "last chance" to not act on their impulses, which they ignore, that isn't acted upon.
I found this interesting list of their OLD list of notes (not including anything from the last half a year they've been playing)
From their most recent permaban appeal, I find it pretty clear that BlackMajor (then head admin) was implying not to act like a shitter and act in bad faith with the multiple chances they had been given. I'm basing most of the rest of my displays on this most recent of "last chance" warnings, since it's also the easiest for me to find "yeah they haven't acted in good faith to this".

I generally find this random quote (one of quite a few) I found to be mostly accurate, except replace "interrupts your valids" with "interrupts your _insert random similar action here_".

They have a very very common habit of constantly complaining and whining in areas of "high" (this is mostly sarcasm but not really) importance, like staff forum, about people they personally dislike, to act as if they want "admin action", when in reality they never actually go further to try and get admin action and just whine - personally leading me to believe they just do it to stir shit, although it is certainly up for interpretation. Take the most recent salt pr fiasco as an example where they complained in staff-forum, and then instead of actually trying to go further into getting admin action on the topic, created a pull request specifically trying to remove the gimmick that made them salty (in a really clunky manner too).
Further on that is hijinks they pull like this, where their running around beating people up gets interrupted by someone else and they complain in staff forum about how they got beaten in response to beating up people indiscriminately, while hiding context to try and garner some measure of support from people who know nothing about what happened - context on this specific image is murderbone plasmaflood borgs killing people traitor tries to hijack, gets bombed, is one of two deaths (the other being the dude doing the bomb), and then whines to admins about the fact they died.
From what I can tell from quotes like this, they know they're being a - excuse the buzzword- shitter and are intentionally trying to fuck with other people.
They also have this toxic no-roleplay mentality - which isn't just about antags, but includes things like normal roles, security, heads of staff, et cetera - where anyone that isn't them should have their round ruined based on the role they are instead of their actions, but if chefferz is the person, they should be supported in a similar manner to what they complain of.
Further on to this double standard, they'll openly complain about something they'll actively engage in. Also, that thing they mentioned about "rarely touching boxing gloves"?
It's a complete and total lie. I can't remember the last time I saw them as a non-antag in public not doing erotic roleplay in a maint room or similar without them running around with boxing gloves on. I don't find an outright lie as very representative of a behavior improvement.

There's also cases of banbaiting, like that time they interrupted me and one of my friends boxing each other to try and "valid" me, got beat, 1v1'd me, lost, and then ahelped saying I killed them without any of the context - like how they initially started a fighting conflict completely out of the blue unrelated to them.

I understand the idea of giving people extra chances to try and have them improve, but letting people free without any form of punishment or threat of punishment is very very inefficient at convincing people to actually improve themselves. Essentially, I doubt that someone that has been banned multiple times for some pretty egregious things (like hate crimes), unbanned on a "last chance", rebanned, and cycled further for years is acting in good faith of attempting improvement, especially when their actions are opposite of their supposed behavior improvement. I don't feel that I need to do too much persuading to the majority of people or staff reading this that chefferz acts in bad faith, but I do feel like there needs to be some spark that convinces administration to follow the previous clauses given and mentioned in this complaint.
Last edited by bluefishtuna on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluefishtuna

Re: [MAIN/DISCORD] Chefferz - constant open toxicity

Post by bluefishtuna »

Addendum: you may notice this is less of an argumentative essay and more of just a summary - because it is just a summary. I'm not going to go out of my way to try too hard to influence anyone's decision on this topic, and instead just post stuff that is literally sitting out in the open for anyone to find and present it.

raiq

Post by raiq »

bluefishtuna wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:51 pm
It's a complete and total lie. I can't remember the last time I saw them as a non-antag in public not doing erotic roleplay in a maint room or similar without them running around with boxing gloves on. I don't find an outright lie as very representative of a behavior improvement.
I encourage any admin to actually check and see that I very rarely pick up boxing gloves, so this is in fact a lie.
bluefishtuna wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:51 pm
There's also cases of banbaiting, like that time they interrupted me and one of my friends boxing each other to try and "valid" me, got beat, 1v1'd me, lost, and then ahelped saying I killed them without any of the context - like how they initially started a fighting conflict completely out of the blue unrelated to them.
You murdered me over simply boxing, yes you got ahelped. It wasn't trying to valid, but attempting to put a spin on this to make me look bad is quite irritating. Also, you're acting like I just ran up and started boxing you out of nowhere. The only recollection of even boxing anyone recently was a mushroom that punched me to near death.

Yes I have been bringing up a number of things in staff forum, issues that not just me have noticed and is downright irritating when it's not even remotely addressed. The thing about this game is that you can't block people on it when IC, and are forced to interact.

Yes I'm going to get salty when someone entirely maxcaps the shuttle when I almost rarely go out of my way to murderbone and attempt actual gimmicks.

The admins that you're quoting I lashed out to have actually apologized to me and said they were being harsh, and again it wasn't any form of lashing out.

I have brought up numerous things to admins as they happen, I've brought up the issue with the current group who's been particularly shitty up multiple times and continue bringing up the issues in an attempt to get some form of response.

bluefishtuna

Post by bluefishtuna »

yeah i'm not gonna get into a he-said she-said shitflinging but if you don't have any arguments against what's been presented then that's fine by me

raiq

Post by raiq »

bluefishtuna wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:44 pm
yeah i'm not gonna get into a he-said she-said shitflinging but if you don't have any arguments against what's been presented then that's fine by me
I'm not going to argue 3 year old notes, and almost everything that you've posted has just been he said she said stuff.

Also you're quite literally snipping conversations on discord without any context whatsoever. Almost every one of your conversations you screenshot from discord were in staff forum where I am giving my opinion to staff over a ongoing conversation.
Further on to this double standard, they'll openly complain about something they'll actively engage in. Also, that thing they mentioned about "rarely touching boxing gloves"?
Also, please.. PLEASE show me the round where I have ever made improvised shotguns on a entirely green shift and then used said shotguns to shoot someone and strip their stuff to give them a search as an assistant.

bluefishtuna

Post by bluefishtuna »

perhaps but the good thing about the discord quotes is you can easily just search yourself
if you don't want to argue that your behavior has improved that's fine by me

raiq

Post by raiq »

Alright now that I'm actually more awake I can break this down a little bit better. Seeing as you put this in the complaint I want you to reply to this rather than "Oh just defend yourself it's a he said she said shitflinging contest" since you're accusing me of these as if it were fact.
bluefishtuna wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:07 am
Again, I've rarely used boxing gloves. However, I did use boxing gloves with you. Particularly in a scene you're entirely misleading and I actively encourage any administrator with access to logs to delve into this to see what actually happened. Interesting that you find outright lying an issue when you're doing literally just that.
bluefishtuna wrote:
Hey were you not a mushroom that instead of using boxing gloves yourself, when I made a claim I could knock you down before me, start to punch me without them once. Then when I returned and asked for a fair fight, you instead straight out killed me? It had nothing to do with "validing" you, it wasn't a "1v1" like you're trying to paint, it was me and you stepping into a boxing ring mutually and you quite literally killing me over it. I spoke beforehand, logs will 100% back this story up if any admin wants to take the time to look into it, seeing as you put this as a reason for the complaint. That's the reason why I ahelped it. Yet you call this banbaiting, when you were the one that literally killed me over a mutual boxing match.

A large portion of this complaint is bringing up old notes that I have already dealt with and had discussions over. Sitting here entirely glossing over my statements towards what this complaint is, quite literally you bringing up screenshots of me bringing up issues within the staff forum, while continuing to make up downright lies is a bit petty.
bluefishtuna wrote:
Further on that is hijinks they pull like this, where their running around beating people up gets interrupted by someone else and they complain in staff forum about how they got beaten in response to beating up people indiscriminately, while hiding context to try and garner some measure of support from people who know nothing about what happened - context on this specific image is murderbone plasmaflood borgs killing people traitor tries to hijack, gets bombed, is one of two deaths (the other being the dude doing the bomb), and then whines to admins about the fact they died.
Yeah. I got salty and ahelped that someone decided to maxcap the shuttle, but nice try using the "murderboning plasmaflooding borgs" was said borgs taking down the one officer that tried to detain me, along with area denying escapes after I ordered the hyperfractial gigashuttle. Almost the entire station was still alive, a large amount of sec and all of command were still alive, and yet some random scientist decided to max cap the shuttle to deny a hijack. Yes, I ahelped that, and brought up my viewpoint on it in staff forum.
bluefishtuna wrote:
They also have this toxic no-roleplay mentality - which isn't just about antags, but includes things like normal roles, security, heads of staff, et cetera - where anyone that isn't them should have their round ruined based on the role they are instead of their actions, but if chefferz is the person, they should be supported in a similar manner to what they complain of.
How about you screenshot that entire image and the context of the discussion rather than snipping up a small portion of the conversation? Here's the full conversation.

Why are you ignoring the fact that an assistant without the knowledge of any of security decided to take a known head revolutionary as a non rev, and clone them for their own personal reasons.

Oh, and when I brought up how space law and capital crimes, your literal response was "Space law doesn't exist".

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Please note that while we can look up logs... we can't without a round number.

bluefishtuna

Post by bluefishtuna »

bold of you to try and take on specific items when the argument is about behavior and not specific events, where specific events are just used to convey the behavior change that hasn't been enacted, to give you some context on what to try and argue over.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

did you really post a screenshot from someone who in my experience has been a real consistent metagrudger against chefferz in particular as evidence that chefferz is a shit