[RP] [Ahra Ukasa (Ckey unkown)] [Meta-Grudging, Self-Antag like Behavoir, Grie Causing playstyle]

HarliChan

[RP] [Ahra Ukasa (Ckey unkown)] [Meta-Grudging, Self-Antag like Behavoir, Grie Causing playstyle]

Post by HarliChan »

Round ID:(couldn't locate ID) Time was 12:24 AM Pacific Standard, Saturday, April 18th, 2020 (and beginning at least one week prior to the date mentioned)

Player (if applicable): Character: Ahra Ukasa | (CKEY unknown)

Your BYOND name: Harlichan

Reason for complaint: Believed Meta-Grudging, Self-Antagonistic behaviors and grief causing behavior in-game. With actions that make no sense and or are borderline, if not self-antagging

Ahra has, not just tonight. But over the course of several rounds been holding grief against me in-game for the course of multiple rounds over the time span of days now and refusing to do multiple things because of it. Their character believe my character, as a chief medical officer has done his job poorly, and in such Ahra is flat out refusing to associate with my character- and at times has refused to *even come to medical when injured instead going elsewhere* because my character is present, they have been lying in-game to other characters, such as telling people my character wouldn't let them into medical when it was never even asked if they could come in and Ahra has also slandered my characters name repeatedly, this has, and surprisingly to me because this rarely happens to me, caused me enough grief that I've been leaving the game when they are around.

Now, I would have likely kept my lips sealed and put up with this but several events occurred- but because it is not just impacting my gameplay and has also began impacting others I am here now. There have been several other times where a couple of people have left rounds because of Ahra's overly frustrating and antag like shenanigans. At one point in time, there was a glitch that ended up killing one of their friends in medbay one shift, Danielle Blue, now... It's normal for a character to be upset when their friend dies, and I'd even accept it fully if it were done right.

Unfortunately...things went more like this

Ahra, as the pathfinder, Charged into engineering, retrieved the injured Danielle while medical personnel was already on their way there, Ahra then screamed profanely at all of medbay for being absolutely horrible for not suddenly being there already (okay, this I guess is a bit bull-headed but fine) ...then as we were trying to treat Danielle their body duplicated, and they died because of a glitch where nothing was properly working on this (this is during the sync by the way) now, what ends up happening from there is...a bit much. Ahra, who mind you also knows how to set up the reactor, and do robotics, and is a pathfinder, with no education what-so-ever (stated in their backstory), now tromps their way into medbay and -begins treating Danielle on their own, and fails- then proceeds to throw a toddlers fit, where they -charge off the station into the under dark without permission, any safety equipment or a GPS- saying they will just let themselves die, at this point, they are screaming so belligerently over comms, that people have been leaving the round. They start yelling about how they are going to kill themselves and let themselves die in the under-dark actually get themselves mortally wounded and lay there, presumably dying, with no sensors, and no GPS, Then our CD goes out to fetch them because nobody else qualified to do so is around except myself and I am performing surgery. While all this is going on Ahra, because of their threats and suicidal remarks has been deemed unfit for duty and termination paperwork was filed, Icly, which was completely ignored, in fact, after being informed, we were just brushed off, the CD manages to drag them back to the station, and Ahra uses some kind of teleporter device- to just teleport away and tell the CD "I didn't ask for your help" and wanders off." at this point the CD is completely fed up and -actually leaves the round out of anger- to which leaves me, the CMO as the only command staff, attempting to deal with this situation, where Ahra is just simply running away from everything, and screaming over there headset, Several more people ended up leaving the round, one of which i know of was also tired of listening to it, Ahra at the end of this round also informed danielles character the CMO had ripped them open and spilled their guts out everywhere, when that was, entirely not true in any way and Ahra has no reason to say that in character.

They oftentimes, Late at night when the Administrators are away, throw S-O-P out the window and just carry on with whatever they want no matter what it is, They have however improved about the ungodly amount of power gaming that was going on after they were reported and presumably talked to...but, after that the meta grudging only got worse in-game. Even if Ahra is in a situation where they are supposed to by S-O-P *REFUSES* to interact with my character in any way other then slander them behind their back, I get character rivalry RP, but this is something else, it is ridiculous and it is ruining multiple peoples times in the game, not just mine. Other people, especially in medbay, get caught up in their grief-causing actions and activities too. Their character also has an innate distrust of ANYONE from security way <this is/was in their records and has just used this as an excuse to at times when they feel it's nice to cause issues with them too.

We have witnessed them, in the wee hours of dawn, both sometimes with staff around yet AFK or without staff online.

Break into secure Areas for no IC reason sometimes besides to get gloves.
Hack Machines, when not playing an applicable job

As a common crew member, request the captains spare and use it to set up the reactor while being able to conduct Surgery as a pathfinder, and twice, even an actual surgeon

Meta-Grudge, mainly against myself over many rounds in a way that causes strong grief to the point where I and others do not want to play.

Petty in character actions that breach operating procedure and when punishment is given for them scream about it over the general comms and evade punishment, oftentimes these late-night rounds have no admins to help locally and no security to help ICly

Commit suicidal actions and make suicidal threats, and actively acting on this in a situation during an actual temper tantrum in-game

Avoid associating in any way, even when the workplace would need it, with characters that have gotten on their case about these things

Slandering character, across multiple rounds with no necessary need to, well beyond the point of gossip

Full-on lying ICly to further attempt ruining character's names and reputations aboard across a span of days in multiple rounds.

Keep in mind, of all the skills they have listed on their records, they also have NO education its all "on-site training" too, Now, I am not sure but for the RP server, I heard we have something about stuff like that which is why I wanted to make mention of it here.

in OOC, they have also acted very poorly
during the round with Danielle, all the players involved got together and discussed that they didn't want to make that round canon for any of their characters, because of Ahra's actions and because most of the wrongdoing, like with Danielle duplicated had occurred due to round breaking glitches. When Ahra was approached about this they...

Were extremely dismissive that nobody wanted to hold the round canon

Continued to try and argue in DM's OOCLY about things that happened ICly and justify their reasoning for going completely AWOL in-game

Was seemingly (I say this because it WAS a text chat where tone can't be read very well) quite rude during the entire conversation, when approached very civilly about the manner and politely, even ending the conversation with a "K fine, it didn't happen, that doesn't stop my character from not trusting yours though"

I am not alone in saying that I have been told to handle a lot of this ICly, which has been attempted, not just I have had this issue, others have too. Where there is no active administration late at night when Ahra tends to be only, so our Ahelps often go unanswered which, is understandable, ya'll gotta sleep but it also leaved nobody there to check faxes and play the part of central when there is a director absent and things get -this far out of hand- with no direction to turn. Essentially, more often then not we are left with nothing we can do, and when we try to do what we can they just scream over comms about it and evade, then just come back the following round.

Ahra to my knowledge has had termination paperwork filed and faxed on three separate occasions now and nothing keeps happening because nobody is around to respond, and Ahra just..comes back the following round and, rinse repeat.

All in all, this conduct has pretty harshly impacted several people's gameplay experiences, and I don't know what, but I do believe something needs to be done about all this. I would love to be able to move past all this and have fruitful, non-grudge based RP with Ahra in-game as I am sure the many others in a similar stance to me in the whole debacle would agree, but something certainly needs resolving somewhere because this is causing grief for quite a few folks.

I was encouraged to bring this here by a member of the RP administration team after they heard about it.

HazelBailey

Re: [RP] [Ahra Ukasa (Ckey unkown)] [Meta-Grudging, Self-Antag like Behavoir, Grie Causing playstyle]

Post by HazelBailey »

So I've done digging on the matter, spoken to Ahra, and done some thinking about the situation as a whole. The logs in which the biggest part of the complaint happened I simply can not find. I'm unsure if they never saved properly, or I'm just overlooking them (probably that), but I simply cant find it. Regardless, I spoke to Ahra regarding the events in question and they seem to understand that what went down in that round isn't allowed.

As for the rest of the complaint, I've also spoken to them regarding their character's skill set and they've promised me that them using knowledge outside of their job description wont be an issue. Keep in mind that even if a character in particular doesn't have direct knowledge of a certain job, or duty within the station, we do allow people to do medical work if a situation negatively affects another player's ability to enjoy the round, or set up the engine. However, we only allow this if there is nobody on station in those particular jobs to do them. This is because the round simply cant function if half the crew is dead, or if there is no source of power to keep everything working.

While some of these are indeed IC issues, the suicidal behavior is very much against the rules, but given my inability to find those logs, I cant say for certain what happened. However, if Ahra were to display this behavior again, or if they were to act as a job that they aren't signed up to do without good reason, I strongly encourage anyone seeing this behavior to please note the time it's happening, and either get in touch with a member of staff, or put in an ahelp in our #admin-help channel after the round ends.