BYOND Name of complaint against:
Airinnann
Your BYOND name:
Kris.P.Kreme0
Date of issue and round ID:
9759 10/9/2017
Reason for complaint:
Essentially

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]Airinnann Ocked in my Ick. This took place in your standard Viva round. I take 30 minutes to convert the entire station and start picking off the heads, then we are on the final battles. The RD hides in xenobio with a army of slimes picking off any revs who charged in. Eventually i see a little red slime glompin about and hey, this guys a anomaly slime that's sentient. So I feed the nerd and say: "hey bub mind helping us kill the RD?" the slime replied with "yeh". So we plot together, and on our next push in the future he glomps the RD and starts eating him, nearly winning us the rev round right? wrong. BWOINK.[/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]https://gyazo.com/2c654831c1cc130f19845283fbff3d2b[/color]

as you can see here, the slimes bwoinked for feeding on the RD, who happend to be a slime it seems, and is told to not meta grudged. Then this happens

https://gyazo.com/268c63065c81c7598d45743a87aff436

The admin then heals the RD out of crit, causing the Rev round to go on for much longer then it needed to and us to lose it while i was ahelping the issue and died.
The main issue is, it was NOT meta. I ordered the slime to go and kill and the RD and the slime, using its FREE WILL to help me after i fed it generously. Now why is he screwing with the round and reviving people out of crit, causing the round outcome to change greatly? Admins should NEVER interfere with critical part of a round ever. His argument was "well slimes dont attack slime people" but thats where youre wrong kiddo, those are dumb instinctual slimes, NOT sentient slimes with free will to do whatever they want ICly.
All in all, he shouldnt have messed with our secret round and ruined it. Admins have one job: Keep shitters off of the station. Not change the outcome of rounds and make peoples work irrelevant.

DaedWren

RE: Admin Complaint: Airinnann

Post by DaedWren »

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_races#Slimepeople

https://i.gyazo.com/019af1ac3d13c50e702 ... 53ed37.png

I'm guessing that's where he got the idea that slimes aren't supposed to attack slime people, and Airinnann's right about that to an extent, but sentient slimes aren't mob slimes, and mechanics aren't server rules. The only reason I'd say that the slime people being immune even exists is more due to the RP reason of getting THAT close to your non-sentient slimes.

Vincent Airin

Post by Vincent Airin »

The only reason anything was done in the first place is that a slime is not supposed to attack a slime person. As such the slime is only able to do so because there's no check in place presently as there's never been a need. The only thing undone was damage from the slime as if it never happened, like undoing the damage from a griefer and pretending it never occurred in the first place. I do not understand why this is a continued argument over a tricky situation twelve plus hours later when it does not need to be. At this point it's just complaining that someone won and someone lost because I did not allow circumstances that should not be allowed to happen, to happen.

At this point arguing further is a moot point unless you are so invested in a single round of spessman always working in your favor in all entirety no matter what and that any one else's logic is entirely flawed.

Not to mention I could have at any point pointed out during the previous looping arguments that in cases like such, you yield to an admin's judgement on vague or uncertain rulings. Let it go people, there's no point in arguing further.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

i agree this was a bad ruling, is there anything else you want from this complaint
ex-headmin

DaedWren

Post by DaedWren »

"As such the slime is only able to do so because there's no check in place presently as there's never been a need." And there never will be a need, solo antag, do what you want that isn't breaking an OOC rule like metacomming honestly.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

i don't know where you got the idea that slimes are solo antags but you are dead wrong
ex-headmin

Kris P Kreme

Post by Kris P Kreme »

All i want from this complaint is for the staff to create a new clear and concise set of guidelines based off of the direction SS13 in general has been, and is going. For when to, and to not interfere with a round. I personally feel itd help make staff interactions more bearable for both the staff members and the players since IC issues wont be blown out of proportion and given stupid bans or punishments, along with bringing targets out of crit.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

if this had actually been an invalid kill though his actions would have been acceptable though? so i don't really feel like there was any overreach of admin privilege wrt to influencing the round, just an error in judgement
ex-headmin

Kris P Kreme

Post by Kris P Kreme »

Kenzie wrote: if this had actually been an invalid kill though his actions would have been acceptable though? so i don't really feel like there was any overreach of admin privilege wrt to influencing the round, just an error in judgement
How was it not a overreach of admin privilege? His admin powers are what healed the last head out of crit, along with losing the round for the revs as a whole. Even if it was a invalid kill admin interference should never be directly healing someone out of crit, admins have an ability to alert other crew to help people/find bodies by inserting words "into their heads" they being the players, this way it is IC'ly dealt with instead of "oh heres some magic health". Vince still would have 100% jumped the gun with all the things he could have done to try to save the RD because he decided the slime was doing a bad. So even IF the slime was just a random shitler reviving someone out of crit from damage thats not admin caused or a simple early round mistake (for example accidentally ethereal jaunting into the monster pit on the wizard ship or accidentally running into the SM as a newbie engineer).

The point is, as i said in my last reply a new set of guidelines would benefit the community greatly and there is no reason on why to not make something that will aid the staff and players understanding, this is all i wish to come from this so no one else has to deal with some ooc in their ic.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Kris P Kreme wrote: How was it not a overreach of admin privilege? His admin powers are what healed the last head out of crit, along with losing the round for the revs as a whole. Even if it was a invalid kill admin interference should never be directly healing someone out of crit, admins have an ability to alert other crew to help people/find bodies by inserting words "into their heads" they being the players, this way it is IC'ly dealt with instead of "oh heres some magic health". Vince still would have 100% jumped the gun with all the things he could have done to try to save the RD because he decided the slime was doing a bad. So even IF the slime was just a random shitler reviving someone out of crit from damage thats not admin caused or a simple early round mistake (for example accidentally ethereal jaunting into the monster pit on the wizard ship or accidentally running into the SM as a newbie engineer).
emphasis added

this is an opinion, and not one i share. so insofar as this complaint goes, nothing is going to change
ex-headmin