Keekenox Lukeman56789 Citadel RP server ban Quailty control ban

Please post any appeals regarding bans, notes, or other forms of punishment in this section.
Thread title required format: "[MAIN/RP/DISCORD/FORUM/OTHER] - [Admin's Ckey] - Duration (if ban) : Short/Summary Reason"
trefoils

Keekenox Lukeman56789 Citadel RP server ban Quailty control ban

Post by trefoils »

BYOND account and character name: Lukeman56789 Helen

Banning admin: Keekenox

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Citadel rp perma

Ban reason: Quality control ban lukeman has consistently been showing quality on the server be it through poor grammar or antisocial behavior getting themselves killed ic over and over and over again or just showing unwillingness to really engage very seriously with rp. This has been a problem over a few months and lukeman has amassed a staggering amount of notes in a very short period of time. AT some point enough has to be enough.

Your side of the story:I will agree that I had a lot of notes and that some of my behaviors were problematic. I am very far from a perfect person, however I was improving maybe too slow for what the server wanted. But, I was getting there my notes were getting fewer and were often for different things. I wasn't dying as much IC I was getting better keeping myself alive. I was for the most part just enjoying rping with a singluar person. Since I have been banned two months ago roughly. I have improved further playing on another server and have had time to refine and improve myself.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I have had time to reflect on my ban, and I see my errors now. I am going to put my best foot forward to try and be better. I have also talked a lot with an admin who helped guide me through where I went wrong. Their advice and insight helped me improve and understand things from a different light. I have been using what they told me to improve and to try be more fun for other people. Rather then just enjoyable for myself. I'd like a chance to prove myself and show how far I have come. I messed up badly in the past, but that is not who I am and not how I'd like things to be left. I'd like to prove that I can be a better person and worthy of rping here.

Silicons

Re: Keekenox Lukeman56789 Citadel RP server ban Quailty control ban

Post by Silicons »

oh oop this has been sitting for a bit huh, sorry about that

may we know which server you were playing on, if you're comfortable sharing?

trefoils

Post by trefoils »

Skyrat mostly.. though I did dip a bit on to bubber as well.. Didn't like bubber much too much chaos and shifts were exhausting haha. I got used to the low chaos of skyrat and citadel. prefer it now too

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

This has been sitting for a while.

Who was the admin that spoke with you? Do you happen to have someone from Skyrat or Bubber who can vouch for your good behavior?

trefoils

Post by trefoils »

Admin that talked to me? Not sure I quite understand that sorry.

As for vouching do are other players fine or did only staff? I assume only staff but I wanted to check.

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

Yes, the admin that talked to you.

And, only staff in terms of vouching. I personally don't think we'll need to require it really for you, but it'll help the rest of the admins come to a decision for you.

trefoils

Post by trefoils »

I talked to DoctorJay (thats their discord) a lot about my ban.. Just took a bit for what they said to sink in and for me to process it. I can't get an admin to vouch for me from skyrat.. apparently only the headmins do that. And, they have enough on their plates and I'd rather not burden them further with something trivial.

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

With some investigation, apparently you've received a month-long ban or some kind of punishment in Skyrat recently. Would you care to explain that?

You also got a "development banned" role on the Skyrat discord server that I'm also curious about hearing.

trefoils

Post by trefoils »

So early in the shift as an atmos tech noticed an alarm in the cmo's office. I went to look at it, I banged against the doors knocked on the window. Said hey can you let me in to the medical personal in the lobby. Got no response I tried this around three times. Then just hacked my way in because it could be any kind of alarm I don't know the reason this is going off time tends to be critical. from ic pov the room can be freezing over on fire siphoning anything and I need to get in and see what the issue. So, this paramedic I think starts to get all grumpy because of my actions to get myself in. He walls me into the cmo office or tries too, I just exit through the maint door. Then rather then let it go he follows me back to engineering or comes by later and walls off engineering. So, ic now my char is pretty peeved at this person. And, I have to think of a way to respond with out being too far off the wall. I didn't want to wall medical off because people need medical treatment so responding in kind would not work. But, a fitting engineering based punishment of snipping their power was a happy medium a mild annoyance but didn't stop them from doing their job. Medical doesn't need power to do surgery or defib so people could still get treated. Then I go back to medical later start to replace their doors with windoors that anyone could open, at which point the paramedic shoves me and a fight breaks out. Sec arrests us both and takes me up to sec. We talk for a bit then I get out by just casually walking out of the holding cell. On skyrat you can either serve time or pay a fine, so I just huck like two hundred credits at the sec offs feet. Cause my char was done with this annoyance and just wanted it over with. They didn't like that and started demanding I get back in the cell my char didn't see the point of that as they had paid their fine and were free to go. Sec attacks me to arrest me because I wasn't listening to them. This was a while ago so my memory on events after isn't too clear. My char burned themselves on a lightbulb getting a t3 burn which becomes infected and slowly kills you. At this point I need to explain my char is what is called a ghoul, They can removed their limbs at will and thusly remove the infection/wound this comes at the cost of 10% blood loss. Chars plan was simple try to trick sec into taking them to medical by burning themselves with a wound they could easily "treat" themselves. They just put me in perma with no doctor so now my char had a ticking time bomb with the building toxin damage and the infection. They figured they could remove the arm and make up for any blood loss from the food in permas kitchen. My char noteabley has low blood so their base blood level is around 80% with the arm removed that leaves them at 70% which is slowly fatal. I tried to get to the kitchen to get food to restore my blood level, but luck wasn't on my side there was a fire alarm blocking off the kitchen and the food. So, there was no way for them to get their blood level back up to stable levels.

The dev ban is so old, I honestly don't remember what that is for.. its been like a year or two.. I think I got in argument with a dev at one point. Sorry.. my memory on that is just non existing.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

The fact that you've received a recent ban on the server where you could have got a potential vouch does not bode well for this appeal.

-1 is my stance for now.