Ban Appeal

Post by raiq »

BYOND Name: Chefferz

Reason Banned: Baiting

Admin who banned: LM40
oS
Length Banned: 3 Days

Appeal Reason:

During a shift I accidentally threw a cup of semen against the wall as a chemist, and got sent to jail over it while the HoS did nothing but spout memes and :^t) faces. When I brought this up on OOC as the round broke, the HoS stated that he was going to continue arresting me and fairly openly admitted he was going to metagrudge me. Regardless, the next shift I went into my standard gig as Chemist making synthpatches, but the radio was blowing up with how the HoS was being a shittler, and things got boring after an hour so me and Keilara decided we were going to protest in front of bridge by stripping naked. I made a sign called "Animal Nudity Is Natural" and waved it around, and because of the fact HoS was being super repressive decided to cum a nazi symbol with Keilara. Anyway, we ended up getting arrested and we both served 3 minute sentences before being let out.

I was going back to doing my job when the HoS (Same one who threatened the round before) Rearrested both me and Keilara, bringing me to the brig where the warden specifically explained we already punished for that crime, but the HoS ended up twisting the story to get him demoted (which he got a job ban for) and giving Kei a minute sentence while giving me a 9 minute sentence. During this there was a janitor running around named Orlando welding all the doors shut in the main hallway, and being an actual pain in the ass. Regardless, I sat in the cell with that 9 minute timer while Kei continued jacking off on the floor in front of my cell, after being released, and the HoS didn't give two shits. Just continued batoning me and making sure I served every minute of that sentence.

When I brought this up in ahelps, I did not get a response so I pinged LM40 on Discord to look into it. They got fairly irritated fast and assumed that I was upset I got arrjested (when I was not) and decided to job ban the HoS then in their anger tell me I was getting banned and muted me before I could fully explain. I've seen LM run around plenty of times acting stupid as security to baton people randomly and taze them for no reason (even watched them baton someone 7-8 times in a row super fast until it ran out of charge) for no reason. I fail to see how me standing in front of bridge naked warranted a three day ban, end of story.

Zeldazackman

RE: Ban Appeal

Post by Zeldazackman »

We're looking into this matter.

Would you happen to have the HoS's name perchance?

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

If you want your IC issues to be IC issues, then you have to HANDLE THEM IC instead of complaining to the admins. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, it's almost as if when try to provoke a reaction by jizzing a fucking swastika, wow, people react.

You also needlessly complicated your own situation by being shitty, if the HoS just up and arrested you for no reason or w/e then I'd have probably been able to get rid of them for good, but since you went fishing for trouble first the whole thing became much less clear cut.

I don't think I'm going to lift this.
ex-headmin

raiq

Post by raiq »

Kenzie wrote: If you want your IC issues to be IC issues, then you have to HANDLE THEM IC instead of complaining to the admins. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, it's almost as if when try to provoke a reaction by jizzing a fucking swastika, wow, people react.

You also needlessly complicated your own situation by being shitty, if the HoS just up and arrested you for no reason or w/e then I'd have probably been able to get rid of them for good, but since you went fishing for trouble first the whole thing became much less clear cut.

I don't think I'm going to lift this.
I do not understand why you continue to say that this was an IC issue and I was trying to provoke a reaction when I blatantly told you and have stated in my appeal that my PURPOSE was to get arrested. I got arrested, and the warden who was the only person being reasonable that entire shift asked me nicely to stop and I did. I then got rearrested despite the fact the sentence had already happened and ahelped the Head of Security's behavior. Behavior which YOU YOURSELF deemed shitty enough to job ban him.

it quite literally boils down to you're banning me for 3 days for getting naked and cumming with the intent on getting arrested, when that has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. I didn't care I got arrested, I cared about the fact the Warden got demoted after telling the HoS that he'd already punished us for me, and gave me a 9 minute sentence while stun batoning me and watching Kei jack off in front of bridge.

raiq

Post by raiq »

I'd also like to point out that you're claiming my "shitty behavior" contributed to it when I was doing nothing but protesting the HoS and his behavior that shift. Unlike someone I know, Kenzie, who I've witness full strip demote Chris before because you get sick of his shit. Something I know DAMN well a normal security officer would get a job ban over.
Per your own policy

PUNISHMENTS POLICY
ADMINS MAY GIVE BANS AS THEY SEE FIT. A RULE OF THUMB WILL BE PROVIDED BELOW. PERMANENT BANS ARE SUBJECT TO A GROUP VOTE. OBVIOUS GRIEFERS MAY BE PERMANENTLY BANNED AT ANY TIME.

Minor Rule Breaking: 1-3 hour ban (60 - 180 minutes)
Major Rule Breaking: 1 day ban (1440 minutes)
Griefing: 3 day ban (4320 minutes)

Please explain how what I did was "Griefing" when I was protesting the, quite literal, fascist HoS.
Last edited by raiq on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leon_Leonardo

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

Ban reduced to a day, and since it's been a day it's been lifted.