[MrJWhit] Main Permanent Ban

CawingCrow

[MrJWhit] Main Permanent Ban

Post by CawingCrow »

BYOND account and character name: CawingCrow

Banning admin: MrJWhit

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Permanent

Ban reason: "Left in the middle of an ahelp about them derelicting their duty as a warden when cult was called."

Your side of the story: At round start, I decided to play as the warden, once I re-joined Citadel, after being away for a month. The beginning of the shift has been quiet and I met Langley, another officer and started to hang out with them. Nothing really happen, so I took a walk with them and checked out the changes, that Citadel had to offer. The HoS of that shift was Gronk and he got visually and audibly annoyed at me, for leaving the brig for a small walk. Obviously, he spent his time fighting joker with a pool noodle. After fifteen minutes of casual chatting and going in and out of the brig, I got bwoinked by MrJWhit and “reminded”, that the Warden should be staying in the brig. I argued, that Wardens are not forced to baby sit the brig Twenty-Four Seven, if there are no confirmed threats on board. I’ve seen previous cases and similar behaviours by other wardens and neither they were punished by it. Once he replied, his words held no important information and was showing signs of the topic being dealt with. Later at the point, when I lost interest in continue playing and planned to do something else, a cult was announced. I dropped my gear at the locker, Langley the officer went on his duty and I moved myself into Cryo. A week later, I booted up the game and was presented with the ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Unnecessary permaban, that also could have been a job ban. False ban reasoning, as the cult was announced after I got bwoinked, signs of wrongdoing and unfair behaviour from the administration side.

HazelBailey

Re: [MrJWhit] Main Permanent Ban

Post by HazelBailey »

You've been an admin in the past. You know that leaving mid ahelp is an instant permaban. The wording on the ban reason wasn't the best, but it does get the point across. You got bwoinked, before the ahelp was concluded, a cult was called out and you left. It certainly wasn't unfair behavior given you did something that would land anyone a permaban even before you became an admin yourself.

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

It doesn't seem like that big of an offense since as far as I know wardens aren't forced to be on the brig without threats around 24/7, still a perma for the whole disconnecting during a bwoink. It should have easy fixing and unbanning honestly

CawingCrow

Post by CawingCrow »

If the magnitude of the ahelp wasn’t so bare simmered, I would have stayed, until it been concluded. The reminder that was send by MrJWhit, made it appear very insignificant and the reply followed by him didn't imply, that it was a big deal. His wording in the ban reason represents me in a bad light, as it based on an exaggeration story. I was visiting the brig from time to time, I got bwoinked and judged by a false accusation and I was packing my stuff, before the cult even was announced.

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

This ban was only applied as permaban because you left before the ticket was concluded and its standard procedure to ban and request a appeal. In general the situation wasn't that big either, officers / simillar cryo all the time even when things are going down for one or the other reason and leaving brig for a bit before there were known threats seems more IC leaning if even an issue at all.
So, I'm fully in favor of this. Just maybe next time just give the admin handling the ticket a nudge you plan to leave and if its alright.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

For the sake of clarity, this is the full ahelp in question:

The permaban was applied because you left during the middle of an ahelp without saying anything, you just dropped your stuff and left without telling me. This is standard operating procedure, and so, a permaban was applied. Which, I'm perfectly fine with lifting. Leaving without saying anything because you don't think it's that important is clearly against the rules, I don't know what else you expected.

Anyway, I'll go with what you suggested here:
CawingCrow wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 am
that also could have been a job ban.
And continue with a job ban for warden, as you have continuously not done the job as warden, and instead just wandered around the station as you said yourself. In the 20 minutes I watched of the 30 minutes you were on the station, you went to security twice, once not going inside, but to talk to a delivery boy, and once to bolt open the HoS door.
CawingCrow wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 am
signs of wrongdoing and unfair behaviour from the administration side.
This, like the other admins said, is literally standard operating procedure. You were staff, you should be aware of this.