[blackmajor] - Ewayn - RP - For memeing

Ewayn

[blackmajor] - Ewayn - RP - For memeing

Post by Ewayn »

BYOND account and character name: Erayn / "Richard Cumsquat"

Banning admin: blackmajor?

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): RP/Permo?

Ban reason: Player name "Richard Cumsquat" acting out as your typical ebin griefer during the late hours of the night where no admins were on. We don't need that kinda wacky behaviour here..

Your side of the story: It was 5 AM, I was tired and bored and a new round had just started with borderline 0 players at first (and at the point I first started to meme on my throwaway joke character) and everyone was attempting to get the engine running so the AI around at the time could actually survive and people could see. I personally got frustrated with rapidly failing attempts and left as my much more serious character, "Makaia Quirin" and opted to very quickly change to a roboticist so I could give our one borg a reset module so he could do the engineering work instead of guiding lost players through the process. I specifically went out of my way to choose Richard because I didn't really want people thinking I wanted to stick around and RP as my more known robotics character "Naomi Reed" and didn't have time to create a serious throwaway. The entire time we were going through the process of attempting to set the engine I was in a VC with my boyfriend (the aforementioned borg) and we were joking around and laughing and dumb things from Clown memes to how irritating the engine was to set up when desperate to try and stop a blackout. This inevitably lead to me trying to make him laugh with my dumb joke character, saying stupid, immature things because it was funny, pretending to be some demented pokemon by screaming "Cumsquat!" out loud and occasionally over the radio. I had assumed at the time that if people were actually bothered by some early morning dead hour memeing that they'd show their age and step up and just directly say "Hey, please stop, you're being a dink and I don't want to see you being stupid" in which case I would have quite happily.

I'm working off the assumption staff have watched the video uploaded of roughly half of my time as the character in question and witnessed me trying to murder a borg around half way through. My only defense to that is: It was my boyfriend and we were both laughing. Literally nothing else was hurt or damaged and he and I both left when we'd deemed it enough for the night. If by chance staff haven't seen the video in question? RoyalDerg'll happily provide it, I'm sure. I don't believe I would have their consent to publicly post their video here as they may not want that sort of attention. I will leave that much to staff to work out.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been playing here for a little while now. More than long enough for you to know I'm not malicious and for the most part I think people you ask will be able to tell you that, with a few exceptions in people who refuse to tolerate any rude behaviour from characters from time to time. Frankly I'm somewhat disturbed by the fact that all good will and any form of "Hey, we know you're not just a troll!" immediately goes out the window the second you have some slightly off-brand fun at nobody's expense but your own. Even more so than that that no staff bothered to talk to me directly which to me at least seems like a pretty universal thing that should go down if the option is there. I've never seen a community before just ban someone with zero communication attempts, really and it's somewhat astounding. It has left me not entirely sure how to properly express my surprise. If being known to not be a malicious troll isn't good enough to be unbanned for one apparently very bad act? I guess I'll see you later. But it'd be preeeetty cool if we could get past this and move on with our lives because sure, yeah, "Richard Cumsquat" isn't exactly appropriate but I genuinely don't think I caused anyone any harm. Additionally? If you have seen the video uploaded you will see there was in fact a staff member online. I had seen that and assumed that if they truly thought I was going too far they'd have punished me then and there. Turns out they were AFK? Evidence if the video hasn't been watched will be provided below.

Side notes/references: Image Your automated "appeal here" link when banning someone goes nowhere. Please fix that.

Image Reference to the link so you know I'm not memeing

Image A screenshot from the uploaded video with all possible identification on the uploader's end kept out of view as to respect privacy. Screenshot demonstrating an online headmin. Or at least what I thought was one.

shiba

Re: [blackmajor] - Ewayn - RP - For memeing

Post by shiba »

Yo
I am the borg involved in the situation (Sicherheit), as well as the mentioned boyfriend. I don't have a lot to say about this whole thing, as Erayn has pretty much covered all of it. But the one thing I can do is confirm that this was not at all out of malicious intent. On my end, I had ascended beyond exhaustion and a good laugh was exactly what I needed. Up to that point, setting up the engine was the exact opposite I wanted to do at the moment so it was quite nice to be lightened up a bit by something quite memey.

No one said anything to us about stopping, and considering it wasn't really impacting anyone else that much, we continued on for a bit before deciding we've had enough. I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised at this ban, as it seemed to come mostly out of the blue without any discussion or explanation to the staff team. Considering the hour at which we did it at essentially dead pop, I really did not think it was that big of a deal. Course it would've ended differently if someone just said something about it.

A stressful, obnoxious scenario that was lightened up by some memery, and it sure as hell helped my mood with the whole thing. I don't think Erayn deserves a ban so severe, considering they have been the opposite of memey ICly aside from that ten minutes or so. They're very capable, and to see this doesn't sit completely well.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

A day or so ago, in deadchat, you said something along the lines of "What if I made a character named Cumsquat?"
I believe I replied with something along the lines of: "Ehhh, I'd probably ask you to change it."

Now, that's really all that was said on that topic at the time, but I will say, having characters with obvious joke names isn't exactly something I want to encourage on RP. Randomly shouting the name of your joke character over comms to draw attention to it and cause a scene isn't something I'm intent on encouraging either.

To start with, I'm theoretically okay with the general scenario here. Specifically, I'm okay with players getting engaged in antics with each other during lowpop to lighten the mood. However, I expect some level of discretion. Shouting out your obvious meme name and engaging in crowbar melees in the middle of the hall where everyone can see you isn't the conduct I expect in these scenarios. If you two had gone to even the minimal lengths of keeping this incident contained to Maintenance and not blasted it over comms, I don't think we'd even be having this conversation.

We do have a larger issue here, regarding you and Sicherheit basically admitting to Metacommunication. Something that is explicitly against the server rules. My boyfriend plays sometimes too, and when he does, he's in a room down the hall and we don't talk to each other until one of us has left the round. I'm intent on upholding this ban, but I will recommend its reduction from a Permanent ban to something less severe. Ideally the message has been successfully conveyed, but I'll state it in clear English for the sake of the record:

Most importantly, don't Metacomm. It's a Server Rule violation, and if you haven't read those, or aren't intent on following them, you're going to wind up banned again in short order. Going forward, even the appearance of Metacomming is going to land you in hot water, so keep that in mind.
Secondly, this is the HRP server. However, players are still expected to have fun, and make their own fun when the situation calls for it. If you want to be a little more LRP with things, ensure that it is contained and exercise heavy discretion. Going out of your way with meme names and joke characters isn't going to do you any favors when it inevitably catches our eye.

I'm going to leave the final decision to BM, as the banning admin in this case, but I'm recommending at least the lift of the Permanent ban for something more temporary.

Ewayn

Post by Ewayn »

Captain277 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:38 pm
A day or so ago, in deadchat, you said something along the lines of "What if I made a character named Cumsquat?"
I believe I replied with something along the lines of: "Ehhh, I'd probably ask you to change it."

Now, that's really all that was said on that topic at the time, but I will say, having characters with obvious joke names isn't exactly something I want to encourage on RP. Randomly shouting the name of your joke character over comms to draw attention to it and cause a scene isn't something I'm intent on encouraging either.

To start with, I'm theoretically okay with the general scenario here. Specifically, I'm okay with players getting engaged in antics with each other during lowpop to lighten the mood. However, I expect some level of discretion. Shouting out your obvious meme name and engaging in crowbar melees in the middle of the hall where everyone can see you isn't the conduct I expect in these scenarios. If you two had gone to even the minimal lengths of keeping this incident contained to Maintenance and not blasted it over comms, I don't think we'd even be having this conversation.

We do have a larger issue here, regarding you and Sicherheit basically admitting to Metacommunication. Something that is explicitly against the server rules. My boyfriend plays sometimes too, and when he does, he's in a room down the hall and we don't talk to each other until one of us has left the round. I'm intent on upholding this ban, but I will recommend its reduction from a Permanent ban to something less severe. Ideally the message has been successfully conveyed, but I'll state it in clear English for the sake of the record:

Most importantly, don't Metacomm. It's a Server Rule violation, and if you haven't read those, or aren't intent on following them, you're going to wind up banned again in short order. Going forward, even the appearance of Metacomming is going to land you in hot water, so keep that in mind.
Secondly, this is the HRP server. However, players are still expected to have fun, and make their own fun when the situation calls for it. If you want to be a little more LRP with things, ensure that it is contained and exercise heavy discretion. Going out of your way with meme names and joke characters isn't going to do you any favors when it inevitably catches our eye.

I'm going to leave the final decision to BM, as the banning admin in this case, but I'm recommending at least the lift of the Permanent ban for something more temporary.
How is talking about memes in a VC metacomming? We didn't discuss anything about events in-game aside from "Wow this engine is annoying" which isn't a sin I'm pretty sure. Yes, I can agree me going overly public with the shitty meme was a stupid tired brain mistake and I'm more than happy to admit that but what I'm not willing to concede is that laughing and talking about life and memes with my partner is metacomming. By that logic telling someone "Oh I'll come play in an hour" is metacomming too. Both are entirely harmless, don't affect the round, but with one you're telling someone ahead of time when something in-game will happen and the other is "Wow this is frustrating. Remember that meme video I sent you a few hours ago?"

Gonna have to respectfully disagree with the metacomming aspect of things while acknowledging my fuck up on being way too loud with the bad meme and make a point not to do it again in the future.
Edit: I assumed at the time your "I'd probably ask you to change it" was a hesitant nod to see how it goes and make a change if things were needed. Before last night the plan was more just to leave him as a "I'll use him to ghost" character and never bring him in.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

It's about precedent. There is no way to actually ensure that all you're doing is sharing memes and having a harmless discussion. We have neither the inclination nor authority to investigate all of the facts behind Metacommunication on a case by case basis to determine whether it's benign or not. We can just adhere to the standing rules, which I'll remind you, state:
"Metacommunications, ('Metacomming') is defined as sharing in game information private to a player's character (e.g. what you see, what you know of the other players in round, etc), to another player outside of in-character communications channels.

This includes any information gained from deadchat/similar.
'Outside of IC communications' may include but are not limited to voice chat, Discord channels, private messaging, etc."
The server rules are very clear on what constitutes Metacommunication. We have the in-game OOC and LOOC channels for person to person communication. Yes, I understand what you mean about just having a benign conversation with your boyfriend separate from the game itself. Normally it wouldn't have anything to do with Administrative action. You both brought up, and in the course admitted, to metacomming here.

If I go on record saying it's totally fine to do it in this instance, two weeks from now I'll get players citing this as a reason why their violation of the rule is okay too.

Ewayn

Post by Ewayn »

Captain277 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:15 pm
It's about precedent. There is no way to actually ensure that all you're doing is sharing memes and having a harmless discussion. We have neither the inclination nor authority to investigate all of the facts behind Metacommunication on a case by case basis to determine whether it's benign or not. We can just adhere to the standing rules, which I'll remind you, state:
"Metacommunications, ('Metacomming') is defined as sharing in game information private to a player's character (e.g. what you see, what you know of the other players in round, etc), to another player outside of in-character communications channels.

This includes any information gained from deadchat/similar.
'Outside of IC communications' may include but are not limited to voice chat, Discord channels, private messaging, etc."
The server rules are very clear on what constitutes Metacommunication. We have the in-game OOC and LOOC channels for person to person communication. Yes, I understand what you mean about just having a benign conversation with your boyfriend separate from the game itself. Normally it wouldn't have anything to do with Administrative action. You both brought up, and in the course admitted, to metacomming here.

If I go on record saying it's totally fine to do it in this instance, two weeks from now I'll get players citing this as a reason why their violation of the rule is okay too.
Both of us being happy to admit we were hanging out in a VC and being unnecessarily open with you for the sake of trust and honesty, fully admitting the full extent of what we did and didn't say when we could have just easily omitted that fact entirely to avoid any hassle. But no, joking around and briefly acknowledging frustration is admitting to metacomming.

Thank you so very much. In the future when playing any SS13 server I will block my boyfriend on Discord, remove him on Steam and hold him at knife point if he so much as coughs when we're both playing. You don't sound insane at all.
Edit: I am fully aware this isn't going to help my case. I do not give a single fuck. You're telling me that I am not allowed to talk with my partner in any capacity but a public chat room, my partner whom I love, simply because I'm daring to play on your server. Maintain the ban if you want because that's total bullshit. I am very sorry for showing you even a modicum of trust. I won't make that mistake again.

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello! Stepping in to add my two cents to the matter for posterity's sake towards this case with some (semi-unrelated but not really?) information that I feel should come to light and be made known in this thread to all other admins that I feel need to know this impertinent information at this given moment in time.

For one, I can vouch that this isn't uncommon behavior on Erayn's behalf, as I've been one to bear witness to their antics on a similar opposite server to this one. Yes, it's a totally different server, but this is, again, similar to what I've bore witness to as someone that played on said server prior.

They have actively scared players off before over there by being way too harsh to people unprompted as well, coming off as a 'bully' of sorts and I DO have personal experience with aforementioned 'scaring players off' and 'bullying' aspects of this person. The manner they're conducting themselves in this forum post is clear evidence if anything, as well as them having scared me off from playing security on the other server by outwardly starting a fight with me in LOOC that branched out into OOC, again, akin to being a bully.

PRE-POST EDIT: Mentioning on the above, I have them blocked a long time ago for this very reason so they do not make effort to contact me outside of the game to argue with me due to having dealt with them in the past for similar 'bullying'/toxic behavior.

They also have a tendency to skirt by rules on the fly, over on the other server I can vouch that they've not really been noted or had any action taken toward them for how they act or treat others, to them it's all a memey jokey game when they do go about these sort of acts and I can say personally that they've been let off the hook for their antics more times than once as it's been fully presented to me in a manner that showed me outwardly that they are a golden child on the other server I play on, and they continue acting out in this manner because no-one really jumps on their case. This is backed up by the times that they've fully told me 'Go ahead and ahelp me' as if it wouldn't do anything, and, (shocker) it really didn't change a damn thing about them and how they act.

This forum post, again, is an (really one of many that I can give) example on how they've been acting for a long time with them believing they can get away with it every time. As someone who administrates on this server, I'm going to say now, this sort of backhanded speak isn't going to be tolerated at least from me. Example below.
Thank you so very much. In the future when playing any SS13 server I will block my boyfriend on Discord, remove him on Steam and hold him at knife point if he so much as coughs when we're both playing. You don't sound insane at all.
Edit: I am fully aware this isn't going to help my case. I do not give a single fuck. You're telling me that I am not allowed to talk with my partner in any capacity but a public chat room, my partner whom I love, simply because I'm daring to play on your server. Maintain the ban if you want because that's total bullshit. I am very sorry for showing you even a modicum of trust. I won't make that mistake again.
While I do understand that they are frustrated with how we've handled their case, they should also be made aware that it is pretty hard to ensure you guys aren't meta-communicating outside of the server and that acting this childish about an administrative action isn't acceptable. This, again, is yet another common trait when confronted about antics that they've been called out on.
How is talking about memes in a VC metacomming? We didn't discuss anything about events in-game aside from "Wow this engine is annoying" which isn't a sin I'm pretty sure. Yes, I can agree me going overly public with the shitty meme was a stupid tired brain mistake and I'm more than happy to admit that but what I'm not willing to concede is that laughing and talking about life and memes with my partner is metacomming. By that logic telling someone "Oh I'll come play in an hour" is metacomming too. Both are entirely harmless, don't affect the round, but with one you're telling someone ahead of time when something in-game will happen and the other is "Wow this is frustrating. Remember that meme video I sent you a few hours ago?"
Metacommunication: Communicating outside of the game with pals that are also playing and informing them of goings ons within the server in order to attain some form of upper hand with your situation, form a team of some kind, or to perform LRP/Greytiding antics (E.G. The 'Cumsquat' scenario presented above).

This. This is the definition of how I know it best to explain to you.

Saying "Oh I'll come play in an hour" or discussing memes is NOT metacommunication, however, mentioning direct things about the game in effort to garner outside assistance with a scenario that the other player would not have known about otherwise, unless authorized by an administrator, IS. While you can vouch and say 'Yes we were not metacommunicating', we cannot for certain garner proof that you weren't due to not being able to monitor voice communications. You can say, in the most childish manner again, 'Yeah I'll just fucking stab my boyfriend when he speaks to me while I'm playing' like you have been, but you need to understand why this rule is in place rather than taking it out on administrative members that are overseeing your case. As someone that knows you full well from prior experiences with you, I know you're prone to breaking rules and skirting by them with no actions taken in your way. If we're ignoring prior experience with you, which is the entirety of my case, I'll agree and say 'No you shouldn't be fully banned for talking about funny may-mays in discord VC' but as someone who has had Front Row Tickets to the Erayn on SS13 Experience for a good bit, I can't in good conscience say this and let it be reguardless of really what you were doing because again, we can't fully monitor voice communication channels and the content provided here is enough for me to say that you knew full well what you were doing this whole time and yet you chose to act this way instead of act right and play the game like everyone else.

I can understand that lowpop gets boring, and that you and your boyfriend wanted to have fun, but given the context of the situation in this thread and what your banning action was with how you reacted, I, again, in good faith cannot vouch positively on your case, especially given the fact that you wanted to outwardly act as childish as you have in this forum post. Given the 'Cumsquat' issue, I cannot in good faith believe you to not act childish on the server either and not in the good 'tee hee lets do a fun thing' way like most players manage. Even if you did just sit in voice chat discussing memes and how shit the engine is or whatever, it is still a point of contention in this very thread that you are clearly not capable of conducting yourself without acting like a toddler when reprimanded or told to cease or (at the very least) explain your case.

For now, I suggest not appealing the permaban as I do not believe they are really willing to learn from their actions and move forward, and I do believe we will just end up back in this scenario in a few months if you do remove the ban. This is all coming from personal experience with the person, and likely everything after this post that they argue me up and down on will be childish bullshit giving more and furthered proof into how they intend to conduct themselves here in the future. I want you to know, Erayn, that your behavior reguarding this situation, prior situations, and likely anything involving you that shows you in a negative light as it has been is really unacceptable. If you truly want to sit here like a toddler and scream 'BAN ME FUCKERS AHAHAAAAAA' like you have been, then it's clear to me that we should keep this ban on and not remove it as you have no interest on showing us your positive sides or any real positive re-enforcement that isn't negative in all honesty. I, however, am not Blackmajor and do not know how they feel towards the situation enough to make a final decision on your case for them, so this is left all up to them. This entire post is made to oust the behavior I have experienced with you, my opinion towards your case, and how I hope you'll handle yourself going forward. You, Erayn, can totally ignore my post and act as if I am forever the bad guy for this since you probably will anyway, I have no opinion on the matter after I post this as all of my words and thoughts and feelings towards your case is now out in the open for you, Blackmajor, and any admin to see from here unto the great beyond.

An open letter to Erayn:

I hope going forward you can understand the places where you went wrong, why I personally feel the way I do given your case, and that you understand why I have decided to come to light with these confessions as they are direly needed in your situation given that this is not just a one-off case and I can vouch personally on it. I have no desire to speak to you outside of needs or wants for the server because you've completely painted the door that was unlocked and open pitch black with vile acts you've proceeded to act upon unprompted and with it given me the indicator that you've no care to change this fact. You have, and always have been at least in my opinion, what is the very definition of a bully and someone we do not need on this server. If in the future you believe you can change how you act, and cut this 'richard cumsquat'/LRP bullshit out? Then sure, going forward I'd be more open to you being allowed back on the server, at least personally, and won't feel as uncomfortable with you being here than what you've presented yourself to be in entirety. I know not every person inherently is a bully, but you have painted yourself in that light well enough that someone like me can experience, notice, speak up about, and oust it here for everyone to see. Going forward, you should move past this and grow to be a better individual than someone that outwardly picks fights with people and breaks rules because you think you're going to scoot by with it. This isn't Yawn Wider. Welcome to Citadel, we actually give a shit about our playerbase here. Surprise!

---

That's all I have to say as far as Erayn's case, To whichever banning admin out there that reads over this and makes the decisions in the end, I wish you good luck and godspeed. You are ABSOLUTELY gonna need it with this one. That or a few drinks to cope with how this shit will go, is going, and will be in the future. This'll be my one and only post on the matter so, again, good luck on this one.

Cheers lovelies,

- Jay.

Ewayn

Post by Ewayn »

A tired, half-baked response to Jay written between pauses to hang out and relax I guess? I don't really know how to respond to half of what I just read but I guess I'm going to give it a whirl because fuck me the anticipation has been killing me. It's been nice to hear from you again, Jay. I appreciate the side project to work on with nothing else to do this morning.

I figure the best way to start things off would be starting with what I agree with and working my way down while hopefully managing to actually keep something I type out around a forum short for once.

For starters? Yeah, I do have a bit of a history of being unnecessarily harsh on people. To deny that would be to willingly and readily lie which really isn't the goal? If I cared enough to make shit up I'd go write a novel. I have that dirty history for sure and to some extent do still maintain a portion of that. I'm far from perfect in that regard but there is a fairly considerable effort on my behalf to take baby steps towards a solution. I've made amends with people who prior have hated my guts because of how I acted and have shown them a much more positive side of myself than they were previously able to witness and that has been a genuinely pleasant experience for me, if nothing else. Doesn't mean I'm not given the odd time where I do get a little too rough with others expecting them to share my thick skin but I do try and cut it out when people get noticeably upset as to not spark any fires.

I do understand to an extent why Jay is so upset with me due to our past interactions, both in-game and otherwise. I certainly gave him enough justification in the past. What I don't understand is where it's all coming from so suddenly at such an odd time. One of the last interactions I had with Jay around the old server was a fairly nice one I thought, one which accommodated a shift in a character of mine towards something more friendly than they had previously been after a fairly dedicated heart to heart. That was with what I believed was an out of character understanding established through which I acknowledged I was still not in a place I wanted to be and I in fact recall personally thanking you for your thoughtful criticisms, Jay. Not sure where that went though, considering you rather quickly went back to giving me shit when I had thought I was making good progress. Maybe I missed something I did?

On my "tendency to skirt by the rules" on the server Jay and I first met in? I'm gonna have to go ahead and just say no. Jay hasn't seen any punishments being handed out to me because that server handles things in a manner which I'd actually call normal in that they discuss the infraction with the user, attempt to find a resolution and dole out what is due in private. I've been given serious shit in the past around there for bad behaviour and have corrected my mistakes following (mostly) and generally I'd like to think staff can vouch for that. I've apologized where due, I've made conscious efforts to avoid past mistakes and I've moved on and grown as a person as a result. Requests to "ahelp me then" were not taunts to laugh in the face of punishment despite the rather fantastical situation you've dreamed up as much as they were genuine advice pieces. Administrators are your friends when a problem has presented itself and that much is even more true if you don't believe you can handle it one on one which you evidently couldn't. As previously mentioned? I'm actually friendly with some people I previously wronged. Not all, mind you. But some. Just because a punishment isn't publicly tossed at someone with zero discussion does not mean it doesn't happen. Frankly the worst I think I did around there near the end was pointing out that the server itself is actually fairly bad and makes no effort to attract or maintain players, expecting everyone to entertain themselves with very little in the way of options. I frankly still go back and point out that the server, sitting largely empty still, is fairly shitty in how it presents itself due to a lack of care and yet I generally slow my roll when people get upset. Another fact I could happily omit to try and better my chances, yet one I reject in favor of complete transparency. But that's another topic entirely.

Metacomming? I've already admitted my response to that wasn't mature, nor do I care as I do fully stand by my frustration around the subject as I'm quite literally being told how to handle my real life affairs if I dare connect to one of the few servers that actually offers something of substance beyond stabbing your friends every other round. I understand that it can't be monitored but if we've gone out of our way to be transparent and admit to talking when we could have gotten away free had we just not said anything? I think it's fairly clear we didn't do anything wrong. I wouldn't be typing up small novels (so much for keeping it short?) if I didn't give a fuck and was cool with admitting to breaking big rules like that.
I understand the rule but fully disagree with it being levied against myself. My partner himself has also stated frustration that I am having it held against me whilst he himself hasn't received any form of punishment. I fucked up and made memeing a bit too aggressively public and it interfered with others, yes. That's more or less the extent of my infractions in my eyes and it's managed to net me a permanent ban with zero discussion beforehand (while I was present on the server too, mind you.) and had been fairly active and displaying serious play and some dedication to maintaining a certain level of quality.

Random side point: I didn't know hyperbole was a characteristic of a toddler. I'll be sure to keep that under my hat for the next time I try to utilize it.

RSP 2.0: I wasn't aware permanent bans on minor, if still absolutely troublesome infractions was care. I suppose I didn't care about my own servers in the semi-distant past when I actually sat down with users to discuss situations and figure out intent, when they did it and how it impacted others, if they had a good track record, etc. I guess I hated them because I didn't ban them at the first whiff of trouble? Shit, even more hyperbole. Damn toddler brain.

TL;DR - Jay confusing and presenting a fairly one-sided story based off personal bias from a server neither of us have touched in a fair while due to its expiration but does have some points, People are capable of changing a fair bit given months of time to do so?, Cumsquat bad, even more so if done as improperly as I did but not really permanent ban bad???, people don't admit to talking of their own accord if they were doing something shady, This entire thing was kinda just a bunch of responses because generally speaking I don't have anything to add and that's kinda boring so I apologize, I'm a tired noodle and also a toddler apparently.

Oh and the word of the day is: Quantile.
I'm going to sleep but look forward to more potential responses as it gives me something to write when other motivational and creativity sources fail me. Frankly all three of us know this isn't going to get accepted.

Ewayn

Post by Ewayn »

On this, the day of my d̶a̶u̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ 2 week anniversary with this forum and thread I deemed it appropriate, though not entirely mature, to share an amusing piece I discovered in my bored surfing of the forum during completely free time.

I'll see you folks in two months. Stay safe and happy new year. :)

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Bloody hell took me a while to get round to this.
I'mma be real, when I looked over this a while back, seeing as you had written yourself into a corner I was very much scratching my head on how to even go about making a decision on this.

And then I forgot about it. Holiday season and all that, wasn't till recently that I was reminded to check in on this.
Yeah that one's on me, I am have stupid sometimes. Utilising the player bulletin board we have for this kinda thing woulda helped, but that's more of making excuses.

Anywho, that aside, I'm admittedly still somewhat on the fence with this. A lot of words were exchanged in here where something as simple as a "Yeah, I did something disruptive in the heat of the moment with a good companion. Got ahead of myself." would have sufficed.
Jay's recollection of your behaviour plays a large part in my concern on lifting this. A history of drama mongering always makes me grimace. But y'know what? I think I can get it. There's some upset a ban happened so suddenly, no questions asked, from something in which from your perspective seemed like harmless goofing off with someone you care about. The video evidence was pretty condemning as something we don't want on RP (and still don't). Though the context brought on even more questions, which spurred this odd argument in which your responses were more of passive aggressive remarks than mutualistic understanding.
Despite it, I can forgive all that, a believer in second chances. You're just a guy, and so am I. In an effort to understand your perspective, I'd probably be mad too.

So if you can just state it simply, like was previously suggested, as just an instance of disruption you played a part in, but did not consider the consequence, I'd be happy to lift this. Afterall, you've already served two months on account of me having dumb, so if I shortened the sentance, it'd have been about now anyway.