[Dzahlus] Berkele9001 Main

Berkele9001

[Dzahlus] Berkele9001 Main

Post by Berkele9001 »

BYOND account and character name: Berkele9001, Character being John Doe if i do not misremember

Banning admin: Dzahlus

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): The Non Rp Server, permanent.

Ban reason: Self-Antagging, bombing.

Your side of the story: This will sound cliche as all hell, but i legitimately did not do anything. I had a chill round cosplaying as Jacket from hotline miami (ripped jeans, varsity jacket, animal mask), and when the round was coming to a close i was a the medbay because i had ran into some vacuum, i got the damage healed and went to the kitchen counter to eat a banana, like i told Dzahlus, because i was hungry, i ate it when i heard a grenade beeping, and because i have a brain between my ears i of course ran for cover. Later when we spoke about it, by which i mean the few of the crew present ingame and in character everyone seemed very confused about where it had come from.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I stand by my statement that i genuinely did nothing, not even anything wrong, just nothing involving this in the first place. I never had a minibomb, i never touched a bomb of any sort, hell, i didnt even touch any welding tanks that round, even to refill. To be completely honest, the way Dzahlus went about this was immediately very accusing, harsh, suspect and felt like i was legitimately being framed, which is strange because the only previous time i've interacted with this particular admin was a very positive time, just previously in the same round where i had difficulties crafting handwraps and (s)he(?) came to my aid. Turned out you sometimes need to refresh the crafting panel for some recipes to show.
Again, no clue what this was all about, i just know i didn't do it, insane as that sounds.

dzahlus

Re: [Dzahlus] Berkele9001 Main

Post by dzahlus »

Hello, thank you for making this ban appeal.

First I would like to say that this ban was indeed unjust and I will elaborate below;
https://pastebin.com/FF5yAHhv All logs referenced

It appears that through a code and subsequent logging issue the xenobiologist has spawned a "Bombana". This item looks identical to a normal banana but is ACTUALLY a syndicate minibomb, the code and logging issue I mentioned caused this to show up in our admin logs (see pastebin) as a syndicate minibomb, it never mentioned it being a bombana. As such when you have attempted to eat it, you have instead primed it which I assume you then threw away and then it detonated in the medbay hallway. This has caused me to investigate and notice that you are not an antagonist which in turn led me to believe this was griefing. In the admin PM I hope you understand that I went in with the mindset of you were just another griefer and as such because you answered akin the lines of "why are you bwoinking me it's only a banana" (exact ahelp ticket in pastebin log) me and other admins, after discussing this incident and checking your antagonist status for signs of brainwashing and other reasons you would have done this, assumed you were indeed just a griefer which has led me to give you this permanent ban for self antagonizing/griefing.

I would like to sincerely apologise for this rather embarassing mistake, you were banned unjustly due to a logging issue and mindset that you were just another griefer and were not telling the truth. I hope you can understand the absurdity of this 1 in a million mistake and I once again want to sincerely apologise for any grief and confusion this ban has caused. Naturally you are now unbanned, please enjoy our server and I hope you can find the fun that you were looking for here without any other mishaps.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have to me on the citadel discord, my current name is "SoundBee Volantes" you may also DM me if you wish to.

Berkele9001

Post by Berkele9001 »

This truly was a heated ss13 moment, but in truth im glad it happened because as you said, one in a goddamn million

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Post by CygnusB »

if you were unbanned already this should be moved to resolved, pinging silicons