[R0-adic] AlphaPrime1 - Main server permaban for fire bombing the bar.

AlphaPrime1

[R0-adic] AlphaPrime1 - Main server permaban for fire bombing the bar.

Post by AlphaPrime1 »

BYOND account and character name: CKey/Forum account; AlphaPrime1. Character name; Cody McDowell.

Banning admin: R0-adic

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Permabanned from at least Main Citadel server. Duration banned, permanent.

Ban reason: "Chucked two firebombs into the bar. When asked why, they said they were trying to roleplay a crazy roboticist." - R0-adic

Your side of the story: I am actually making this appeal because of a problem that I seem to be having across multiple servers. The problem itself is something to do with my Key or CKey's unique code somehow causing me to get banned alongside certain other players. Even if I have never played said servers, just joined or played for many months to years. I do not understand why it does this, but I also do not wish to just make a new account to negate said problem. I wish for the help of staff to look over the ban message that I have gotten and hopefully decide to unban me from the server.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned due to the player who did the crimes was not me, nor my character or anyone I know at all. I probably haven't even actually played on the server as my only character (Cody McDowell) yet. Whoever BanditMan1337 was that actually did the fire bombing in the bar twice is not me, not how I play ss13. I prefer to be more relaxed and no get too much into antag, but rather hang out and or work on projects.

zI-H482

Re: [R0-adic] AlphaPrime1 - Main server permaban for fire bombing the bar.

Post by zI-H482 »

Hi, this is r0-adic here. I’m unsure of how you could end up caught up in a ban like that, but sometimes odd things can happen. If you’re having this problem across multiple servers, could you name one so that I can try to get in contact with their staff about the issue?

AlphaPrime1

Post by AlphaPrime1 »

Sure sure. I can give a two servers off the top of my head that I have had to actually be unbanned from due to this same thing happening. The first was Paradise Station where I was banned twice for things others did. One being over two years ago and the other one year ago. I was unbanned from both after appealing. The next station was Goon Station, and I was banned before I even made a character and played on it I believe. Yes It was about a year ago that this had happened, when I went to go get on the station to enjoy a bit of Goon chaos. Also during writing this I have found out that I was on Beestation as well about a year ago and had gotten banned like the other stations previously mentioned. I even managed to find someone else who was having the same problem as me when I went to appeal. They had the same ban message and all, and was not the person who actually did the stuff to be punished with a ban.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Alright, it looks like you were erroneously banned, since your computer apparently shares a CID with many prebuilt machines. You should be able to connect now, though emphasis on should; if there's any other problems connecting, we'll try to sort that out.

AlphaPrime1

Post by AlphaPrime1 »

Thanks for taking the time out of your day or night to address my problems with the system. I recently just tried to join on station but seems like it might not of fully worked, though I do not know if I needed to wait longer. I just got a blank screen with no information or anything on it.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

If you never normally played on the server before, you're going need to do quick access request on the Discord to be whitelisted to join. Otherwise, could you post a screenshot of what Byond is showing you when you try to connect?

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

Right this is being moved to accepted, please contact us on discord if you are unable to connect post this.