[MAIN] - [Crashinator08] - Permanent - "Last straw" breaking into science/powergaming/selfantagging, long note chain

MAGNUM

[MAIN] - [Crashinator08] - Permanent - "Last straw" breaking into science/powergaming/selfantagging, long note chain

Post by MAGNUM »

BYOND Name: RealMAGNUM

Reason Banned: Numerous bad notes, on top of this most recent issue where they broke into science because the scientist wasn't getting upgrades up fast enough.

Admin who banned: Crashinator08

Length Banned: Permanent

Appeal Reason: Appealing this right after the ban was issued because the adminpms felt sloppy and looked like they were trying to point out how I shouldn't have killed him, or how I had no place in trying to help the station upgrade, or how something like windows are hard to replace? The reason banned doesn't exactly show the entire situation, or what they made their points in admin PMs over, nor the way the scientist handled the encounter, so I'll give a detailed story of my side first.

After mining and taking it slow for 15 minutes or so, with ~6,000 points worth of mats already in, the science team was active, researching and such. But by the time 45 minutes into the round I come back up on station for another 15,000 deposit and ask about how upgrades and BOH's were coming along. With no response, I headed to science with a mining partner to find it empty, and after asking the HOS for access, he said he wasn't the acting captain, and just kinda shrugged it off and said whatever when we talked about breaking in to do upgrades for the station, now with somewhat enough permission from the HOS, since he wasn't objecting at all, we went around to the bottom of R&D, and broke the glass. By then the scientist came into R&D and started shouting and insulting the both of us, then slammed the shutters and walked off, so we went into maint and took the maint entrance, where he came back and yelled more, before pushing me, taking my crusher, and trying to kill me. I pushed him over and took my crusher back, where he then tried to flash me with cult magic. I had the inquisitor suit on so it deflected the attack, and he started stabbing me with a ritual dagger. at this point I realized what was happening, and started cutting his legs off and calling for sec, before we eventually had to kill him because of the fight he was putting up. By the time sec was there, we handed his head to the HOS, and him and the warden left. We finished upgrading the station and returned to mining after explaining it to the HOS.

During the adminpms, the admin had their name hidden, so I'm not sure if it was crashinator or not, but they were essentially pointing at rules and vague examples like "Breaking into science to steal tools or weapons from the lathe." saying it was powergaming, or how the station is "built to run without upgrades" as if upgrades weren't supposed to be used when available, and another part like "Murdering another crewman for annoying you.", where even after I explained the situation, and how it wasn't targeted at the scientist for his insults, but because of how he attacked and tried to kill me with cult weapons, where it was clearly self defense on my part, they brushed off my claims and tried to change subjects, acting as if I didn't mention it, then still pushing it as a reason for the ban in the final adminpm as if I didn't even explain myself to them.

- I'd be happy to answer any questions people have, but I don't check forums too often so it'd be easier to reach me on discord.

HazelBailey

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by HazelBailey »

The only point I'm going to say I regret bring up was the "Murdering another crewmember" part. But as I said at the time, that's more directed at how one of the reasons you gave me for breaking in was because they taunted you. The other points though, IE: breaking into science to steal tools, still holds up. You had no good reason to break in and have been talked to numerous times in the past about breaking into areas. Let me note now that I dont care that the cultist scientist was revealed because of you breaking in. The point is, that you've been spoken to about breaking in to places before. Multiple times even. Before he even revealed himself as a cultist, you ran in after breaking the window, disarm/push spammed him to take his ID, then used it to research the upgrades you wanted.

With that in mind, I can not say that I'm in favor of an unban, sorry.

Ragolution

Re: Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by Ragolution »

I dunno about a perma but you went full UNGA DUNGA ME WANTY UPGRADES what did you expect?
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

kevinz000

Re: [MAIN] - [Crashinator08] - Permanent - "Last straw" breaking into science/powergaming/selfantagging, long note chain

Post by kevinz000 »

Thread title renamed because I'm OCD about it.

I'd also like the round ID of the round in question, or time if that's not possible.

MAGNUM

Re: [MAIN] - [Crashinator08] - Permanent - "Last straw" breaking into science/powergaming/selfantagging, long note chain

Post by MAGNUM »

I went to statbus and checked my previous notes, and I could only find one mention of breaking into other departments that wasn't one of the two from 7 months ago. If there are hidden notes, should they count as "being warned" if I didn't know of it?

16595 was the round ID.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Alright, after a discussion with Hailey over discord, (Any admins that want those DM logs, feel free to ask), we've come to a decision regarding the ban.

If Hailey is willing to accept the fact that, should they mess up again, the ban will be reapplied, permanently, with no appeal, then they will be unbanned. Are these terms agreeable with you, Hailey?

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Then we're done here. Ban lifted