[Project] NSC Frostal

Unified DevForums for Citadel Station RP
Te.name

[Project] NSC Frostal

Post by Te.name »

It's fairly clear that the Tether is becoming a dated map. It has become a constant complaint and debate with the community. While plans to rework it have been made it is my opinion that instead a new map should be built entirely.

I took a quick poll yesterday to determine what type of map the community would like and based on those results I have made a general plan for what I want to do.

General information
• The map size will be increased to 255x255
• The surface will be a breathable frozen landscape. Winter jackets will be required or the warm blooded trait.
• The map will be 4 z-levels(Including mining)
• 1 will be in space, 3 will be on the surface.

Now a basic idea of what each level will have and many key features.

Orbital level
The orbital level will be entirely dedicated to engineering with only a few areas open to the public. This will allow engineering to expirment and play with dangerous engines without major risk to the crew. It will include.
• The round start engine. (SM, Singlu, or Tesla)
• Atmospherics.
• Engineering storage.
• An engineering simulations holodeck(Specialized large holodeck for burn mix tests)
• Solar control center.
• 5 solar arrays.
• Telecoms
• The AI chamber.
• Several rooms for expansion.
• And an expirmental engine room. (A partially setup R-UST)
• EVA
• CE office
• Several first-aid stations
• Several small janitorial supply rooms
The public will be able to access.
• Operations staff living area. (Engineer dorms)
• Orbital break room.
• Public tool storage.
• Orbital emergency shelter.
• Excursion shuttle hanger
• Shuttle repair bay (With the tether shuttle)
• Orbital evacuation pod(Evacuation triggered pod to the colony)
• Docks 1, 2, 3, and 4
• Multiple secret maint rooms

Level 2 surface
The primary focus of this level will be the canyon separating this level and to house many of the security, command, and living areas. Miners can enter the canyon safely by using an elevator, this is where they will mine. There are two ways to cross between the two sides of this level, a primary bridge in the center, or a much riskier open air service bridge a bit aways with the risk of falling off. This level will include
• Security
• The brig
• Armory
• Wardens office
• Security break room
• HOS office
• Security locker room.
• IAA office.
• Interrogation
• Processing
• Firing range
• Security meeting room
• An outside access hatch.
• Cargo and mining
• Cargo lobby
• Cargo office
• Cargo break room
• Vault
• Cargo train(Replaces the shuttle)
• Disposals outlet center
• QM office
• Refinery
• Mining ready room
• Mining elevator(Leads into the ravine which will be where mining happens)
• Ravine base (Small base with some beds, storage, and a first-aid room)
• Bridge
• Head of staff monitoring posts(Small rooms looking into the primary bridge with relevant consoles)
• Bridge primary
• Command secretary offices
• Hop office
• Captains quarters
• Bridge break room
• Teleporter
• Captains panic room
• Captains escape route
• Service and public areas
• The bar.
• Kitchen (Complete with a conveyor system)
• A large hydroponics bay
• Cliff side Cafe (Complete with private rooms)
• Janitorial center
• Chapel
• Gondola lift
• Gondola lift stabilization station(Small first aid station next to the lift used to stabilize patients)
• Pool
• Exercise room
• Dorms
• Showers
• Laundry
• Other
• Random small catwalks and paths near the edge of the mountain
• A few hidden areas outside the station.
• Satellite relay located near the corner of the mountain(Telecoms relay)
• Outer spotlights
• Small pilot and command access room with controls for the Gondola lifts
• A small store(Clerk job, maybe?)
Level 1 surface
The ground level will be a focused mainly on medical services, research, exploration, and public facilities.

The research centers will be split into 2 areas Safe(R&D, Circuitry, Robotics) and Dangerous(Anomaly, Toxins, Telescience). Safe research facilities will be easily accessed by the public and located near the entrence to research, many with counters into public halls. Dangerous facilities will be located in a seperate area, accessible via a short path outside or transport tube/long hall(Still deciding).

Medical will be located next to robotics and will be built in a way which encourages higher cooperation between roboticist and medical staff and science and virology staff. Medical will also include private offices for each MD and paramedics will receive additional equipment, including vehicles(If the admemes let me). My main goal with medical is to make it feel more like an actual hospital while still being efficient.

The crew transfer shuttle will also 'Land' on this level utilizing a small runway. The current idea is for it to be some sort of futuristic plane design.

And here is a list of every room this level will have

• Medical
• Medical lobby
• Paramedics office
• Medical motorpool
• Medical diagnostics room
• Resleeving
• 4 private doctor rooms
• Nurse office
• Medical break room
• Medical locker rooms
• 2 Or rooms(Ready rooms included for each)
• Surgery observation room
• 2 recovery rooms
• Mental health center
• Medical bathroom and shower
• Medical break room
• CMOs office
• Chemistry
• Chemistry test room.
• Emergency supplies closet.
• Virology
• Quarantine room.
• Abandoned genetics
• Science
• R&D (With a counter to the halls)
• Robotics (Connection to medical, and a counter)
• Science motor pool(Dune buggys?)
• RD office
• Circuitry lab
• Science break room
• 2 unused labs for personal projects
• Xenoflora
• Science chemistry station
• Firing range
• Hazardous Research
• Risk monitoring center(Small room with shutter buttons and a science outpost monitoring console.)
• Toxins storage
• Toxins
• Toxins burn chamber
• Xenobiology
• Anomaly lab
• Telescience(Equipment not included)
• Other
• A small janitorial storage room
• Library
• Reading room
• Public meeting room
• Two landing pads and a terminal(One used for the transfer craft)
• Small Atmospheric substation controlling Hazardous research, Xenoflora, and Virology. (Plenty of opportunities for upgrades here)
• Secondary dorms(4 bigger much nicer ones)
• The wilds
• A cave leading to the mining z level
• A small wood hunting cabin
• A forest with various wildlife inside.

This is just a general idea, expect this list to be updated constantly any input would be appreciated.
Last edited by Te.name on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Te.name

Re: [Project] New station.

Post by Te.name »

We also need a name... I am horrible at naming things so unless you want the NSB.The Station suggestions would be appreciated.

AlphaMach

Post by AlphaMach »

Spaceplane transfer sounds neat, and so does the gondola. For the idea, hard to say this early, but i don't see anything wrong with it. For the name, i'm going to stick with the greek mythology theme and suggest NSB Nessus, a centaur (*snap) who was apparently also a ferryman that took people across the river, which isn't quite a canyon but, you know, it still fits the theme of carrying people across.

TTBNC

Post by TTBNC »

Would we still have expeditions? or is that feature going to be cut with other ways of gaining more sweet epic loot?

Edit: Wait i see the excurison chamber, so the other planets will still exist then.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

TTBNC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:20 pm
Would we still have expeditions? or is that feature going to be cut with other ways of gaining more sweet epic loot?

Edit: Wait i see the excurison chamber, so the other planets will still exist then.
It will exist and with the map size raised to 255x255 the maps will be much bigger.

TTBNC

Post by TTBNC »

Te.name wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm
TTBNC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:20 pm

It will exist and with the map size raised to 255x255 the maps will be much bigger.
Will there be any newer areas to explore? maybe some newer additons, maybe even exploring the old station thats now rusted and decrypt?

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

TTBNC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:29 pm
Will there be any newer areas to explore? maybe some newer additons, maybe even exploring the old station thats now rusted and decrypt?
Check out the exploration thread.

http://citadel-station.net/forum/viewto ... =38&t=2497

TTBNC

Post by TTBNC »

should add a sex dungeon

CalamaBanana

Post by CalamaBanana »

Insulating engineering that heavily worries me a bit. From an architects perspective, you are bottle-necking possible repair attempts at the lift(?). From a gameplay perspective, Engineering is already a ghost town most of the time, doesn't sound like anyone else has any reason to go up there, too. Would render the entire space part Z level of the station completely unused after the engine is set.

If you want to keep it like that, I would recommend splitting engineering into "Engineering - Engine/Ship maintenance" up there, and "Engineering - Construction/Maintenance" down on the planet (e.g. give them your "dune buggies" idea, motorpool sounds more engineering than science), allowing engineers to at least be around some people while checking their consoles.

Another request: Throw in a shady maint bar, hidden away in the shadows/dust. One of my favorite places on the main-maps.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

CalamaBanana wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:16 am
Insulating engineering that heavily worries me a bit. From an architects perspective, you are bottle-necking possible repair attempts at the lift(?). From a gameplay perspective, Engineering is already a ghost town most of the time, doesn't sound like anyone else has any reason to go up there, too. Would render the entire space part Z level of the station completely unused after the engine is set.

If you want to keep it like that, I would recommend splitting engineering into "Engineering - Engine/Ship maintenance" up there, and "Engineering - Construction/Maintenance" down on the planet (e.g. give them your "dune buggies" idea, motorpool sounds more engineering than science), allowing engineers to at least be around some people while checking their consoles.

Another request: Throw in a shady maint bar, hidden away in the shadows/dust. One of my favorite places on the main-maps.
A motor pool is by definition a group of "a group of vehicles used for a particular purpose by a group or organization" and as for the dune buggies they already exist in the code as science dune buggies, however I'll probably be dropping the idea and just simply using a mech bay.

As for engineering I don't expect many bottle necks as the elevator will only be going from engineering to the surface. And for the splitting engineering idea, I'll probably give them a surface outpost depending on how things work out. The primary purpose of this was to encourage engineering to play and expirment with engines without having to worry about collateral damage unless they fuck up really badly.