[RP] - Jubanistan, Huffo, Mouseofthecake

VailTheWolf

[RP] - Jubanistan, Huffo, Mouseofthecake

Post by VailTheWolf »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Jubanistan - Rini, Huffo - Yasmin Siegrist, Mouseofthecake - Maki Omicron #2

Your BYOND name: VailTheWolf

Date of issue and round ID: 7/10/2019 at ~3:30 PM EST

Reason for complaint: IC issues of an HOS, CD, and CMO acting above the law and Corporate Regulations. OOC issues of possible Metabuddying between all three as well.

This began after an arrest of Rini for carrying a Machete as a CMO. They were open carrying it, so I confiscated it and had them follow me back to Security. After saying that I did not know sign language and asking for an interpreter, the Colony Director and the Security Command came into processing, where they began whispering and communicating with each other and coming to the claim that I can't arrest for "SOP" violations despite 212 being a Corporate Regulation. Maki Omnicron #2 argued with me past the point of the minimum 15 minutes, and released Rini while I was in the middle of typing. After talking about the situation post round, it has been explained to me that these players are friends with each other and that this sort of thing has happened before. Logs from my client-side have been provided. There is an Ahelp log of me being recommended to fax CC.

I was unable to resolve this ICly with CC as immediately as I went to write a complaint we had a crew transfer.

This is abhorrent behavior, especially with recent complaints of Rini manipulating others so that they get away with IC issues that hurt other players.
Attachments
Screenshot (184).png
Screenshot (184).png (95.24 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Screenshot (183).png
Screenshot (183).png (144.25 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Screenshot (182).png
Screenshot (182).png (123.21 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Screenshot (181).png
Screenshot (181).png (116.3 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Screenshot (179).png
Screenshot (179).png (64.9 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Last edited by VailTheWolf on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sylas

Re: [RP] - Jubanistan, Huffo, Mouseofthecake

Post by Sylas »

Posted that preemptively due to having to go afk for a shorter period than I expected.

Im posting that in response to the... Rediculous claims on Maki and Yasmin's side.

What Im looking at just, screams complete disregard for Vail's input, as well as checking sources.

I dont think this is metabuddying, but I definitely think its head of staff incompitence.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Firstly, and I'd like to make this very clear: I am *not* one of Rini's "metabuddies".

Now, onto the meat of the complaint:
A security officer, upon seeing the chief medical officer utilize a machete for cutting pizza, decided that the best course of action would be to detain and punish this... clear menace to society. Instead of asking the CMO to put the machete in her office, or even asking her why she had one in the first place, the officer went straight to MAJOR contraband charges. For carrying a tool. That Rini uses to help rescue miners and kill grubs.

Of course, as I've said in those logs, a machete at all times isn't ideal. Rini really should've kept it in her office, which the officer should've reminded her of. Instead, charging someone for MAJOR CONTRABAND for having the equivalent of a big knife when they weren't even doing anything in the first place is... quite shitty security behavior, in my honest opinion.

With that said; had the officer, instead of automatically branding the CMO a criminal and charging her for major contra, charged her with normal contraband, I would've been perfectly fine with how the situation was handled. This, however, was not the case, and the officer acted so unbelievably thick-skulled that I decided to drop the issue entirely. The colony director is allowed to, and is, in fact, *encouraged* to step in should they believe a situation is being poorly handled, as was the case. Had Rini done anything actually noteworthy to security other than cutting pizza, I wouldn't have decided to ignore what amounted to a single minor contraband charge. For cutting pizza.

And, of course, before anyone swings a "but you can't override regs as CD" at me; you're correct. I didn't override them. Let me throw in some choice quotes from the corporate regulations page;
1. For certain crimes, the accused party's intent is important.
2. You should apply the suggested sentence unless the Head of Security or Colony Director demands otherwise, or the arrested individual has been a continual problem during the shift.

Rini wasn't a problem throughout the shift, and her intent was... to eat pizza. Why does this warrant major contraband charges, again? Shouldn't officers charge at their own discretion, taking into account what the person did, or are we supposed to follow Corporate Regulations without taking several other factors into account?

I really shouldn't have to explain myself further.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

golden question

who was hurt by the cmo having a machete to cut pizza.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

nobody

Harakoniwarhawk

Post by Harakoniwarhawk »

mouseofthecake wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:04 pm
nobody
Rini has a history of either begging or outright taking machetes or fire axes whenever she wishes to do actions a CMO really shouldn't be doing, like running solo rescue missions when there is a full staff of medical including Paramedics and SaR.
This doesn't touch on the fact they've gotten away with stuff any other CMO wouldn't due in part to who they are.

Edit: I wouldn't have commented on this and have judged it silly if not for the fact This exact same thing has happened multiple times, a few of which i've witnessed myself and others heard second hand.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

I honestly didn't know she had a repeated history of doing this. Even if I did, it'd be metagrudge to take that into consideration ICly, soooo....

Harakoniwarhawk

Post by Harakoniwarhawk »

mouseofthecake wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:23 pm
I honestly didn't know she had a repeated history of doing this. Even if I did, it'd be metagrudge to take that into consideration ICly, soooo....
The Player complaint was brought up in part due to the fact they have a history of this sort of thing, a CMO has no reason to constantly requisition, beg for someone to give them, or outright take lethal weapons to perform actions they should neevr be doing in the first place, but they get let off IC and OOC due to being Rini.

InfinitelyThinRectanges

Post by InfinitelyThinRectanges »

I've actually got a number of complaints about Rini, and I've been debating whether or not it'd be proper to bring them out in this thread, since the specific incident being discussed here isn't one of them, but they're one of the subjects of this complaint in general.

Can any staff give me some input over whether or not it's appropriate to lay it all out in here, or make a specific character complaint?

As for the specific thing, I'd like to counterpoint something Kevinz said. He asked "Who came to harm as a result"? I'd instead like to ask "What possible excuse is there to steal and conceal on their person a lethal weapon?"

If sec wander around with a weapon they're allowed to have, just on a different alert level, they get a whacc for it. Why on earth would it be okay for a doctor, and a paper-pusher at that, to swipe a machete from its secure storage area and just pootle around with it? Even assuming they somehow needed a blade to cut pizza, they've got access to scalpels in surgery. If the captain takes an energy gun from the armoury and wanders around with it on his belt, that's out of line under non emergency circumstances. If the QM orders in a crate of rifles and takes up arms, that's out of line under non-emergency circumstances. If the RD lathes themselves a laser cannon and goes for a stroll with it, that's out of line under non-emergency circumstances. Why would it not be considered a similar cause for great alarm if the CMO takes a machete for no good cause?

As for the "They get away with this because they're Rini" thing mentioned by Harkoni, I have a number of concerns regaring their ongoing status as CMO in what I suspect are violations of the norm to bring up around that, but like I said, I suspect it might be best for a dedicated thread rather than in this one.
Last edited by InfinitelyThinRectanges on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.