Exploration: Unknown Derelict/Debris Field

Unified DevForums for Citadel Station RP
VARKA & Selyn

Exploration: Unknown Derelict/Debris Field

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

In an effort to spice things up a little, I've got a nice little proof of concept rolling;

ImageImage

The Derelict will be a completely depressurized zone, so bring an airtank!

Currently this is a heavily modified version of the V2 Remmi Aerostat, but now that the initial testing is done (that is, I've proven that I can navigate to the derelict and step out onto it without any use of admin commands) I can start mapping a little more thoroughly. The idea is to have a roughly preset map, and then use prefixed spawnpoints for POIs. Locations are fixed, but the exact contents are random each time.

Features/Checklist:
A new site that can be navigated to and docked with - ✔️
Two sets of spawners; Mechs & Xenos, each with four tiers of threat; Alpha (Fodder), Beta, Gamma (Elites/Minibosses), and Delta (Boss) - ✔️
Custom derelict ship(?) map - ❌
Special randomized inner chambers - ❌
Last edited by VARKA & Selyn on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VARKA & Selyn

Re: Exploration: Unknown Derelict

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

Work has now begun on the map itself;

Access is effected via a damaged docking arm, which leads into a small 'safe zone'/'lobby' room. The only other reasonably safe area planned will be the derelict's medical facilities.

Current area/risk/threat plans:
Exterior - Low, Robots
Dock - None (Entry point)
Misc. Interior - Low, Xeno/Robots
Medbay - Low, Xeno
Crew Quarters - Low/Mid, Xeno
Bridge - High, Xeno
Security - Mid/High, Robots
Engineering - Low/Mid, Robots

VARKA & Selyn

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

New docking arm. Needs a couple more minor tweaks as right now the setup is confusing the airlock sensors a bit.

The whole layout of the derelict ship is now complete; all that remains is to define the internal areas and actually lay them out in full.

edit-

Some basic spawners now in, for testing purposes mostly. Working about as well as I anticipated. Six alpha spawners and one beta spawner created seventeen drones, a sentinel, and a praetorian before burning out.

Someone remind me to see if it's possible to fix xeno blood color for simplemobs, on that note.

Irkalla Epsilon HQ

Post by Irkalla Epsilon HQ »

Completly depressurized?

That sounds really sweet, finally the Antimatter guns Science can print would get some use since they are supposed to be superior for fighting anything in space

VARKA & Selyn

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

More or less. I'm still mulling over if part of the medbay should be pressurized so that it can be used as a kind of safe spot besides the shuttle.

Also thinking I'll probably expand the 'distress beacon' into a debris/asteroid field with at least one other site available to visit, and split the enemy types over locations rather than trying to mix types on a single map.

Ed: haven't forgotten about this, for anyone wondering. It's just on the backburner for now whilst ideas percolate.