RDT Ban Appeal

ChayseRamsay

RDT Ban Appeal

Post by ChayseRamsay »

BYOND Name: RealDonaldTrump

Reason Banned: Metabuddying with Grayrachnid as their in character husband. Took them mining for nearly an hour, giving them quite a bit of powerful lavaland loot, as well as their genetics powers when they returned to station to go spacewalking. - Trojan Coyote

Admin who banned: Kersakof/Trojan_Coyote - I'm requesting a headadmin deal with my appeal because I believe they hold bias against me.

Length Banned: 15120 minutes.

Appeal Reason: Wrongful ban applied without context and or actual rulebreaking. This entire ban reason was designed to put an immediate spin on things to make me seem immediately in the wrong, so let's just copy and paste my adminPMs.

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Trojan_Coyote: lemme hear your full side of the story.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
PM to-Admins: Syllin and I have been mining for about.. thirty, forty minutes now? We've killed all the megafauna and now we're bored, so we were going to go exploring space. Went out there, she started dying in the bluespace body bag from the pressure for some reason so instead of stealing an EVA suit (which is grand B&E and Grand Theft etc.), we decided to go in to genetics where she has ACCESS and give her my cold resistance. CMO bursts in on his high horse and immediately demands we both leave before whipping out his baton and smacking me with it. I disarmed him, took him down with it, then got absolutely buttrushed by security, an atmos tech, assistants and I think a chemist.

PM to-Admins: CMO proceeded to demand the fucking world of everyone, forcefeeding me mutadone (which wouldn't work) and demanding Syl have everything removed from her.
Admin PM from-Trojan_Coyote: sounds pretty cut and dry metabuddying on your part.
PM to-Admins: How the fuck is it metabuddying? She's been helping me out keeping my mech alive on lavaland, so of course I was going to give her cold res to keep her alive while we go exploring space.
PM to-Admins: And before you say that I could have gotten another miner to do it, as far as I'm aware all of them are dead except maybe Minta or Mitsu or something along those lines.
Admin PM from-Trojan_Coyote: you gave her genetics powers instead of buying a mining suit, and actively fought against arrest for something that'd only be a few minutes, as well as teleporting out of the brig and such. also, bringing a scientist to lavaland and sharing all the loot
PM to-Admins: I used my points already to buy survival pens and gear for myself on mining. I shared the loot because she helped me kill the megafauna in the first place.
PM to-Admins: I actively fought against the CMO trying to arrest me for 'trespassing' because Syl, a SCIENTIST, let me in to genetics.
PM to-Admins: I was in the brig for five minutes while Sanax was running around shooting other people outside the brig, so when they set the timer for a whole minute I teleported out and said fuck that.

Admin PM from-Trojan_Coyote: being let into somewhere you dont have access to is still tresspassing.

PM to-Admins: No, it's not.
PM to-Admins: Trespassing, Notes: Always check that the suspect wasn't let in to do a job by someone with access, or were given access on their ID.

The only lavaland loot that Syllin was given by me was a spare ash drake suit, so the ash storms wouldn't kill them while we were fighting megafauna. If you consider that to be 'powerful loot' then let's just ignore the contents of my backpack.
https://i.imgur.com/NCOyRIU.png

They had not been given any genetics powers at the point of the CMO bursting in, I was in the process of giving them the cold resistance gene so we could go space exploring without needing to steal an EVA suit. As stated, I had already used my mining points to get gear for myself including a few survival pens and PKA upgrades. They had spent an hour helping me out with mining and megafauna hunting prior to this, since they'd already completed science and blown up some ridiculous 200k point bomb, getting everything the station needed done, so I gave them something to do, which was helping me out with staying alive because every other miner had already either died or left to do other things. How any of this is worth an ELEVEN DAY ban I have no idea.

Also, as an additional note. The current rules have no mention of metabuddying or keeping in-character relationships, nor do they mention helping someone out who's been helping you out the entire shift. If this was the case then practically everyone on the server should be banned.
Last edited by ChayseRamsay on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Coyote

RE: RDT Ban Appeal

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

I really dislike kneejerk appeals.

Alright, kneejerk response over and done with, your ban reason/note was changed since i realized i didn't mean to say 'quite a bit', but i still stand by powerful. You could've easily mined for like, five or ten minutes to get a mining hardsuit for her, but instead immediately booked it to genetics cause 'lol genetics powers' to fuck off into space with your buddy. CMO comes in, tells you to get out, and you basically tell him to fuck off. You get arrested, gray keeps you from being fed mutadone, and you teleport out of sec with your staff. Honestly, giving someone ash drake armor and trying to give them genetics powers because 'in character relationship' and 'they helped do something i could've easily done myself' (being, repairing your mech) is pretty blatant meta-buddy behavior. Also, I'd say that while there's no direct mention of meta-buddying in the rules (hopefully that will be fixed soon), it falls pretty solidly under 'don't metagame'.

ChayseRamsay

Post by ChayseRamsay »

I really dislike kneejerk bans with bias involved, especially with a moderator lying to staff about what occured.

Also, Tekoro. It was a scientist with access who let me in to genetics, so it wasn't even trespassing in the first place.

Trojan, have you ever tried to repair a mech mid-combat with a megafauna, specifically the Heirophant, on your own? It's pretty fucking difficult to do.
Last edited by ChayseRamsay on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kersakof

Post by Kersakof »

I just applied the ban. I didn't have bias. But feel free to act like I did.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

You say i lied, yet i provided full screenshots of pm logs, and other admins agreed with the ban length and reasoning. And considering I was the one that started the firefighter megafauna build and helped test it with blackmajor, I do have experience combat-welding a mech.

Cameron Lancaster

Post by Cameron Lancaster »

I don't personally see this as reason to ban someone. Two crewmembers, regardless of job, working together to fight lavaland mobs and split the loot is not a bannable offense. Nor is trespassing (which assumes that Syl didn't have access to the room in the first place, which they apparently did.) or escaping the brig when Security doesn't remove your lavaland gear from you.

So far, between the adminhelps and the ban reason, I'm given to believe that Chayse is getting an 11-day ban for having someone help him on lavaland, and then working alongside someone with genetics access to... get genetics powers? This all culminates in an in-character dispute between him and the CMO in which he tells them to fuck off (which is not against server rules), resists arrest (still IC) and then escapes the brig on his own (still IC) with loot that he and Syl worked together to obtain.

What is this ban actually about?

ChayseRamsay

Post by ChayseRamsay »

Trojan_Coyote wrote: You say i lied, yet i provided full screenshots of pm logs, and other admins agreed with the ban length and reasoning. And considering I was the one that started the firefighter megafauna build and helped test it with blackmajor, I do have experience combat-welding a mech.

I spoke to Gorgi and got a break down of exactly what was mentioned; paraphrasing a bit but "Sharing all of the loot from lavaland, sharing of genetics powers and the various actions both of you took against security." Which I've already explained as being entirely exaggerated, since the only 'loot' shared was a spare ash drake suit, the only power being given was cold resistance and I didn't take any actions against security. There was no metagaming involved at all, everything was done ICly and within that round.
Last edited by ChayseRamsay on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Other than the typo in my ban reason that was copy-pasted, and then fixed, i never said anything about 'sharing all the lavaland loot'. I did mention genetics powers, but later backtracked because i found that you didnt actually do genetics.

Cameron Lancaster

Post by Cameron Lancaster »

So then what is left that is bannable? Scientists going to lavaland, or escaping from Security? Was lethal action taken against Security during the arrest? Was anyone injured during his arrest or his escape?

ChayseRamsay

Post by ChayseRamsay »

Cameron Lancaster wrote: So then what is left that is bannable? Scientists going to lavaland, or escaping from Security? Was lethal action taken against Security during the arrest? Was anyone injured during his arrest or his escape?
Nobody was injured during my arrest and I used the Heirophant staff teleport ability to escape, only after having already spent five minutes in the brig.
Last edited by ChayseRamsay on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.