Xav120 ban appeal

Xav120

Xav120 ban appeal

Post by Xav120 »

BYOND Name: Xav120

Reason Banned: Started attacking crew as a silicon, refused to respond to admin pings

Admin who banned: zeronetalpha

Length Banned: permanent ban

Appeal Reason: My friend (Theokritos) and I downloaded and began playing space station 13 today, we're both very new to the game and are not familiar with the jobs, game mechanics and the chat box. I couldn't figure out how to respond to the admin after he pinged me, my friend worked it out and began talking with him but by the time he told me how to respond I had been banned.

I didn't mean to grief, or to break the rules in such a severe fashion. I realize I broke the rules on metacommunication as my friend and I live in the same house, I also broke  rule on griefing without meaning to by opening fire. I didn't realize it was against the rules to do so, especially not as a cyborg. My friend and I roleplayed as a roboticist and a cyborg he had reprogrammed, I was playing in that role without realizing it broke the rules.

I am sorry if I caused any significant distress, I really enjoyed my time playing on this server, the community is very friendly, the roleplay is excellent and from what my friend told me the admin staff on both discord and in game were very straight forward and informative. I'd love to be alllowed to return to play, and I promise to do my best to adhere to the rules as close as possible!

ZeroNetAlpha

RE: Xav120 ban appeal

Post by ZeroNetAlpha »

I'll be replying to this in about an hour.

ZeroNetAlpha

RE: Xav120 ban appeal

Post by ZeroNetAlpha »

Okay, So. I have a few minor issues with your story. First thing's first, the comment about you and the other player being in the same house; I have a room-mate who likes to play SS13 with me, that's not an issue. The issue is twofold. When two computers connect to any of our servers there are warnings that pop up for staff that are online. Those warnings? Constant Consistant reminders that two players are connecting through the same router, the same IP. Secondly? You cannot share information between players in game through any out of game means, even direct, verbal communication. Exceptions to this rule are rare and only ever involve teaching basic mechanics of the game, nothing to do with roleplay.

Second issue; The Rules. I'm not sure if you and your friend got in without the panic bunker being up, but every player that joins needs to be on the discord and go through the station access request system. It's not too terribly hard, but it's our way of making sure people know the rules for the server.

That being said, I'm lowering this to a three day temp ban.