Koenigsegg's PK Appeal

Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg's PK Appeal

Post by Koenigsegg »

BYOND Name: Koenigsegg

Reason Banned: Week ban for self antagging and overall troublesome behavior as Prax Resca. Additionally, when you return, you may not play Prax Resca again, as they have been jdged banned from use. Continuing to play as Prax Resca will be considered ban evading.

Admin who banned: Jade Manique

Length Banned: One week.

Appeal Reason: Foremost, I entirely accept the ban. It is completely justified after what happened. I had joined as paramedic and, eventually, the round became quiet. I decided to leave for surface one and went to the auxiliary tool storage, where I built a fake wall and started digging a tunnel, as well as digging some 'rooms'. After building a few structures such as a table and stools, I offered another character to join me and chat a bit. We did that for a good while and then a cyborg joined the round, namely Kori-030. I started insulting them over stuff they have done with a specific character in another round. The security team told me to stop, and I kindly refused, as such I was asked to report to the brig. Busy roleplaying with the other character I was with, I did not come. After a while, another character joined us, they had no idea of what the place was nor who was in there, supposedly found it with optical meson goggles.

We spoke a little, told them not to mention my presence to security. They didn't seem to care much and just started chilling, just like we all were. Then a naga engineer whom I forgot the name barged in, not too sure what they did but I asked them to leave. They did, afte claiming that were merely looking for stuff that may've been damaged. After leaving, they came back and clawed me, to which I retaliated for a few seconds just so they would eventually leave, and for good. Once I came back, they had called security and, when back to chilling with my 'friends', an officer entered the tunnel with a baton out, and turned it on. Due to the unfair treatments I am subject to, I had planned an 'escape tunnel' and went for my drill then dug the last rock to go outside and flee from the security officer that, obviously, only had one intent, despite me not even being an active threat. The rest is pretty obvious, phoron leak that flooded the tunnel and the auxiliary tool storage as well as the hallway, although not on my doing for the latter.

I was finally arrested and put in HuJ (Hold until Judgement) for the rest of the round, which was maybe half an hour. Now, I fully accept the ban. However, I had never heard of the permakill and tempkill or suspension system. After reading the rules, I discovered than, according to it, I was never warned about potentially facing any of those courses of action, be it in admin PM, OOC, LOOC or announcements. I am fully aware of the nature of my character, the fact that it generates a lot of salt / angst and hatred, however as of lately I haven't done anything malicious, most importantly, I have improved with my character's behavior, barely hostile anymore to strangers over a simple attempt to an introduction, for example. I have been working on a clean background for Prax, in order to instate some sort of line of conduct for her, because I do not show any interest in a clusterfuck simulator either. And also because there are other players and characters I care for enough that I wish to improve, myself.

Should the PK 'notice' on Prax Resca be lifted, I promise that I will make considerable efforts in order to improve on her behavior and make it appear less of an antag, eventually having it slightly more open and friendly to others. I figured I'd apologize about all of this, this was not my intent and, despite the fact that the goal and ins and outs of my character are often, if not always, misunderstood. I do focus on providing fun to everyone, as much as possible, however I cannot satisfy everyone and some players may be less open to specific parts of my roleplay. However, I know that doing something at the cost of a player's enjoyment, even if it's only one, means that I'm doing it wrong and that this'll change in the future, if you decide to forgive me and give me a second chance.

This is a game, I am here to have fun. We all are, and I am sorry if I was more of a bother than a fun partner. There is a lot to blame me for, there is a lot to change too. Nobody is perfect and, I personally consider myself below average. Even below poor, most of the time. I'm aware of my flaws and I seek to work together to make this work out. Prax was never meant to be a shady antag, but an original character with whom people could find and experience something unusual, something that we do not commonly see on the server. I can tell that I have failed. Perhaps the idea is not bad, but the way it was played was poorly handled on my side, due to the lack of a clear and specific line of conduct. There was no background at the time, no example on how she would've reacted to a specific situation, instead making it some sort of free pass to fuck around recklessly. This is entirely my fault for playing an unfinished character with a dangerous concept that, well, eventually led to this ban.

I am sincerely and deeply sorry for my behavior, and I promise solemnly that, should my character, Prax Resca be once again allowed to be played, there will be efforts made to change the way I play her. Should I fail again, I will accept the decision made and not even bother appealing, because this is with humility that I deem the recent decisions taken completely justified. However, I now beg to be forgiven for my mistakes, not even for my own sake, but the sake of the players and characters I've left behind me, with whom I had good IC relations and that I failed to focus on to build a better character.

Additionally, at the beginning of the appeal reason, I hope it was alright to post a summary of the events, in order to give you my side of the story, since nobody inquired at the time. Of course, this is not posted in order to prove the admin wrong, it does not constite a reason for my actions either.

ZeroNetAlpha

RE: Koenigsegg's PK Appeal

Post by ZeroNetAlpha »

I started insulting them over stuff they have done with a specific character in another round.
First off, this isn't okay. That's exactly the kind of behavior the metagrudging rule is designed for us to say no to. You cannot, under any circumstance, antagonize other players for past actions in other rounds unless the two of you agree to a mutual rivalry of sorts. Given that this doesn't seem to be the case, just no. Don't be doing shit like this.

That being said, as the player of Rano, I'm disappointed that it had to be this way but I'm going to have to side with my fellow staff member on this ban. It's this routine of insulting people when they join the shift for shit that's happened in other shifts, refusing to stop when asked, and other similar situations that make Prax Resca unfit for work aboard Nanotrasen Station Citadel 13.

That being said, I've seen and interacted with other characters of yours, all of whom seem to have their own quirks but generally get along for the most part. The other staff have noticed this two and generally consider you to be an okay player with a character that's not okay. If Prax were to be considerably reformed and or overhauled, there may be a bit better chance of the PK ban being lifted but at the moment... Well. Sorry, not much else I can say about it.

Polymorph

Post by Polymorph »

Mm, well, might as well contribute my thoughts.

You're certainly not allowed to take actions based on previous rounds, and.. Prax has been a problematic character forever. I think you're an okay player, and I believe I enjoy playing with some of your other characters, but this appeal is neither here nor there for them.

You've been spoken to multiple times about Prax, and she is pretty hated as a character. With all of that said... a PK is a rare incident for Citadel, and given it wasn't declared explicitly it was coming, I'm in favour of the appeal with the understanding that Prax understands exactly what situation she's in. She is a single fax from the CD away from Nanotrasen slapping a permanent DNR on her and putting her in front of a firing squad.

If you think Prax can display the sort of submission required when they're in that position, then I'm of the opinion she can come back. And if she fucks up, at all, if the CD doesn't like the way she's too slow to salute for being the perfect crewmember.. well, I imagine the least we can do is let Prax have one last round with a firing squad if you'd like :P .

Thingy 404

Post by Thingy 404 »

ZeroNetAlpha wrote:
 I started insulting them over stuff they have done with a specific character in another round.
First off, this isn't okay. That's exactly the kind of behavior the metagrudging rule is designed for us to say no to. You cannot, under any circumstance, antagonize other players for past actions in other rounds unless the two of you agree to a mutual rivalry of sorts. Given that this doesn't seem to be the case, just no. Don't be doing shit like this.
I'll first ask a little something but I'll try to be quick cause this is more of a rule discussion...
What? Prax cannot act based on how sec usually treats her but sec isn't mentioned this regarding how prax usually is and how sec treats her in a result? Cause I literally saw sec come with a turned on baton even when prax was preparing her escape, with no aggression or threat to the officer, who again, just came in with the baton on. Then prax drilled the wall and probably the officer's stun batton (not sure that causes fire) and or my zippo lighter caused a fire with the phoron.

Anyways, I'm here to give my opinion, not to justify or blame anyone, but I had to say it.

Let's see, I, as the player of Hank Walker, have seen a lot of a change in her behavior. On an example: Before if you insulted her, she would straight off harm you, yes. BUT LATELY I've been just cuddling with her and working in her behavior, and no, this isn't meta buddying, cause Prax broke my skull a fair ammount of times before we became this close, I didn't even know them oocly before.
Thing is, this proves she is willing to change her way of acting, though you can't expect someone to change from one day to another.

IF IT HAS TO BE FROM ONE DAY TO ANOTHER, though, we've been discussing some IC excuse for this, such as an experimental medication that would make her more submissive, in a short. Though this would kind of ruin the fun, and I would only do it in a last resort.

I'd like to end with what probably is a salt generator, but you know. if everyone that makes rounds more interesting gets banned, like prax did, and everyone is a SoP ass licker that never does anything wrong... what do we do?
Medical and sec would only be needed for events, such as the already oocly disgusting grubs (Seriously. they just make me groan irl now, I don't even try to get them anymore, why are they so common) Or spiders, which are sort of the same. or big events. And even then, we don't even do events that often for a round to be interesting. Prax, in a short makes things interesting. treating her psychological department has been one of the most interesting interactions I've had with Hank, and the way it arched into this weird friendship is pretty unique. so if you say prax is a bad character, I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Why did I type so much I usually just make a few lines... Anyways, Prax should not be pk nor terminated since there's not been an official, or unofficial warning first. Please give her a chance to arch herself to normality, or tell her to force her behavior with the before mentioned medication or any other solution. I'm not going to comment on the week ban, just on prax being deleted, thanks.

Koenigsegg

Post by Koenigsegg »

While it does not constitute a reason to do it myself, nobody ever bothered to ask my permission to hold grudge(s) between rounds. Also, I wouldn't call it a metagrudge, because I hardly hate anyone on the server.

As for the overhaul and submission display, this is definitely something I'll get to work on if you make the choice to lift this PK. I'm fairly aware that everything I've done isn't correct nor proper for such roleplay environment. Learning can be a slow process but I figured that such process could be roleplayed on my side.

I really wish to continue playing Prax Resca. She isn't my main character, but I am definitely going to put in a lot of effort to improve her behavior. I am merely asking for a second chance with Prax. I can be under high scrutiny, should you deem it necessary, however I fully accept the week ban as a fair punishment for what I've done. I might as well use this time off to work on it.

I'm repeating myself, but the purpose of Prax wasn't to cause trouble or sound like an antagonist. And for that, I am sincerely sorry.

Pink

Post by Pink »

Now, I fully accept the ban. However, I had never heard of the permakill and tempkill or suspension system. After reading the rules, I discovered than, according to it, I was never warned about potentially facing any of those courses of action, be it in admin PM, OOC, LOOC or announcements.
I would like to point out that this is an admission of not having read the server rules, which is in itself a serious offense.

SoManyLayers

Post by SoManyLayers »

Polymorph wrote:  And if she fucks up, at all, if the CD doesn't like the way she's too slow to salute for being the perfect crewmember.. well, I imagine the least we can do is let Prax have one last round with a firing squad if you'd like :P .
So much hostility out of you toward someone so amicable OOC. If Koenigsegg does go through the effort of re-writing and redefining Prax, and you continue to be so hostile, I'm going to assume you hate the player more than the character. I'm going to make something abundantly clear: I despise bullies. This attitude you are displaying here, indicates to me that you are either a sociopath, or a bully. Not someone I'd trust with the responsibilities of an admin. Don't antagonize the playerbase, especially not in an appeal thread.
Pink wrote:
Now, I fully accept the ban. However, I had never heard of the permakill and tempkill or suspension system. After reading the rules, I discovered than, according to it, I was never warned about potentially facing any of those courses of action, be it in admin PM, OOC, LOOC or announcements.
I would like to point out that this is an admission of not having read the server rules, which is in itself a serious offense.
The PK system is not mentioned in the server's rule page whatsoever. If anything, this is an admission that you did not read them.
Last edited by SoManyLayers on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pink

Post by Pink »

The rules and policies of the server are not wholly limited to that one-page summarization.

Thingy 404

Post by Thingy 404 »

Look everyone. this is becoming what led to the ooc hate in the first place. Let me ask you this.

Do you need to get someone banned, or exposed, even if you're not an admin, to prove yourself a better player, or something? Please stick to this.
-Should prax be or not be PK'd/terminated, even if there was no warning before this.
-Should the week ban be or not be lifted.

Anything else would just be throwing wood into the fire, please and thank you.

Koenigsegg

Post by Koenigsegg »

I always read the rules prior to joining a server, to make sure that said rules are not too restrictive as to what I am looking to play as. I have no memory of PK/TK/Suspension being mentionned anywhere. I recognize my fault for self-antagging, because I have been toeing the line for a while now, despite having made decent efforts as of lately not too interact like I used to.

If you are here to be hostile towards me on an appeal thread, where I bother to have some sort of humility (which is important in a society, as stated nobody is perfect), I will pass. I know that I am hated OOCly for playing Prax Resca, and this is one of the reasons what it makes it so complicated to improve when half of the crew is breathing down your neck, scanning every actions you do to hopefully get you arrested. I never complained when the odds did not work in my favor, because I do not play to win. :/