Kiara's Admin App

Inferno

Kiara's Admin App

Post by Inferno »

BYOND ckey:inferno707
Character name: Aurelia Kincade/AP3-X/Arcadia Steele/BLUE STEELE/Kiara Steele
Discord username (+user id):Coldstorm
How long have you played on Citadel?: A year and five months with 247 hours of playtime on Cita.
How long have you played SS13?: Around the same amount of my first connection to Citadel.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: CST, I usually get one somewhere between 5pm and 1AM during the weekdays, and later at nights during the weekends.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: N/A
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: About six or so months of being a moderator for a once popular series of TTT servers ran by SeriousGMod. Handled applying bans and slays to players who broke the rules within the servers. Was required to keep a minimum of 20hrs biweekly and always try to defuse the situation between the two players. Still have some of the logs and recordings.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Zelda, Izzy
Reason for application: Applying for an adminship on the main server, as the bunker being down has brought in the occassional waves of griefers again, as well as new players who still do not fully understand how to play and/or follow our different policies. I would like to become an admin to help preserve the server and keep it amazing like it has been in the past, my primary interest is resolving tickets and to watch over players to make sure that something avoidable doesn't end up happening.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Assuming it is happening in OOC i'd give them both a verbal warning to please end the dispute or at least take it elsewhere off the server. If they continue to amp it up with more arguing or multiple other players become involved I would temporarily disable OOC and warn them that further discussion will have them OOC banned temporarily.
2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Reach out to another admin or headmin to come handle the (assumed to have been ahelped against) problem. Should record and mark the relevant logs regarding the incident if another admin cannot come handle it right away.
3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
To me playing warden seems like a playing as a lesser admin. What matters is the intention of the player for breaking the rules, whether they were just doing something and this happened on accident or unintentional as a result of that, or they did it on purpose and maliciously. Another very key thing to consider regarding punishments is how the player in question responds to you when handling their incident. A player who admits to their mistakes of breaking the rules and being honest to the staff while keeping a moderately polite tone should be punished, but they should get a lighter punishment for being cooperative in resolving the issue at hand. However, a player who is adversarial and will not cooperate with admins and possibly even lies should be punished with what the rule broken demands. If their behavior deteriorates further before punishment is given, I believe their bad behaviour should extend the punishment given.
4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Whenever they take on an important role such as any head of staff or an AI. If they role an antag that has a VS like IAA or cult they should probably de-admin as well.
5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
I'm not entirely certain who expects what of an admin on Citadel heh. What I expect and hope for an admin to be, is someone who does care about the community, and the servers we all share within this community. An admin should be someone who responds or starts all ahelps with a minimum level of respect towards the player being ahelped, and should do their best to try to defuse and calm the player while they gather information to make a verdict for the Ahelp. An admin should want to be on the server and help protect it from players who are toxic and poison the community. An admin is a player who wants to keep their community positive and help keep it going for as long as it can go. An Admin should care about the players they deal with, with no players or salty and angry players we would have such a terrible community.

Well, this is the end of my app, sorry if it rambles on for a bit in some parts. I really do believe an admin should protect their community, I eagerly await your feedback and comments. Feel free to ask about anything or bring up any concerns you have!
Last edited by Inferno on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinz000

RE: Kiara's Admin App

Post by kevinz000 »

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
+1
however please note that we're all here to have fun and to have some.. discretion at times. from our personal interaction i think you might take this a bit too seriously for yourself and others(no offense!).
otherwise i think you'll do well.
wish you good luck.

Flynn Flan

Post by Flynn Flan »

Improvedname

Post by Improvedname »

-1 ill type the reason out after work

Im 0.5+ being neutral due recent notes.

Having a short temper allmost things resulting in notes of you in the past like these.

2017-10-17 16:27:31:Ghosted when reprimanded for blowing borgs. basically ragequit
2018-04-04 21:21:54:Roundstart bolted all doors but the bridge accessible one to their office as captain on metastation, including the maintenance access doors. This was on extended. Warned for powergaming.
2018-05-27 22:13:42:Walked in on two people ERP'ing behind a false wall in maint to try to get a collar from the room they were in. Got annoyed with them and stole their ID.

Worth to be given a chance though.
Last edited by Improvedname on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inferno

Post by Inferno »

Improvedname wrote: -1 ill type the reason out after work

Im 0.5+ being neutral due recent notes.

Having a short temper allmost things resulting in notes of you in the past like these.

2017-10-17 16:27:31:Ghosted when reprimanded for blowing borgs. basically ragequit
2018-04-04 21:21:54:Roundstart bolted all doors but the bridge accessible one to their office as captain on metastation, including the maintenance access doors. This was on extended. Warned for powergaming.
2018-05-27 22:13:42:Walked in on two people ERP'ing behind a false wall in maint to try to get a collar from the room they were in. Got annoyed with them and stole their ID.

Worth to be given a chance though.
I’d like to explain these valid points. I do not really have much of a short temper, i’ve never really acted out of rage other than ICly when someone does something specificly to Kiara. Alright lets start, for the first note yes I did blow the borgs but I did not ghost because of that, I had ghosted because I knew my IC wife was talking with another player in dorms alone (Ruinasha) and i was extremely paranoid about them lewding and not keeping the eh, loyalty to Kiara. After the bwoink was finished I went into dorms and ghosted after I had locked myself in to watch her and ruinasha emote for a bit and talk. This was on box station and I did not quit the game, I stayed around to observe them since I couldn’t just break in.
The second one I completely agree with, I bolted my captain’s hallway access door and the two maint on the right while leaving the bridge hallway one unbolted. I agree with their ruling for powergaming.
As for the third one, I was roaming around the station looking for stuff to do, this was on box station so I decided to go check the secret bar’s hidden room for the shock collar, upon opening the false wall I unknowingly walked into the two players in there erping, one was a sec officer I believe and the other was a role I can’t remember. They were immediately rude to me upon discovering them so i went in regardless, grabbed the collar, then took the ID on the floor next to the collar and left and hid the ID. The sec officer had their gear all dropped next to the table in the secret bar (including their pda and belt) and I left all that there. They were rude to me for accidentally discovering them doing the lewds, so I hid the one who wasn’t an officer’s ID to inconvenience them.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

I give them my support.
They are an active member of the community, and seem to have a good grasp of the game and its mechanics.
I'd say they're definitely worth a shot seeing how they'd do against the kinds of problems that come up in game.