Complaint: ImprovedName

FGRSentinel

Complaint: ImprovedName

Post by FGRSentinel »

BYOND Name of complaint against: ImprovedName

Your BYOND ID: FGRSentinel

Date of issue and round ID: 10/6/2018, Round 14636

Reason for complaint:

It was a Ling round with a large (five) number of Lings. Of that number, three of us had an objective to assassinate Stellar Wolf. ImprovedName (playing as Cassius, but we only knew them as "Mr. Kappa" at the time) revealed they had an objective to disguise as Stellar and prevent him from leaving the station. Since I was an engineer, I decided to plan out what I could do, informing the other lings I could disrupt the SME if we needed a distraction before everyone starts planning how to kill Stellar. While that's going on and, since my other objectives were to absorb a ling and steal tech nodes, I decided to bide my time and plan things out myself while I did the usual maint sweep an engineer might do (to prevent a mouse cutting a wire from forcing me to turn my focus away at a bad time) while getting pheromone receptors to help me ID other lings if they were in a spot I could get them.

All of a sudden I hear one of the other lings say that Stellar was getting borged because one of them revealed themselves to Stellar and told them of the overall objective. Curious, I decide to head back to engineering through the main hallway as that would take me past Medbay and I see Cassius talking to Stellar. I don't notice that Cassius is a ling at this point, but all of us suspect a silent ling is the one who ratted us out. A short while later, Stellar suddenly becomes linked to the hivemind, which disrupts any planning we could do: we can't reveal anything about ourselves for fear of the traitor feeding info to security or Stellar, and now that Stellar was in the hive mind, we couldn't even discuss how to deal with him. This causes the previously active hive mind to go quiet for most of the round, except for us discussing what to do once we believe Stellar isn't part of the hive mind. By this point I encountered Stellar and Cassius again in dorms and note the sensor, this time actively watching for lings: there's one other in my line of sight, and Cassius apparently hasn't left Stellar's side since we were ratted out. I didn't realize it at the time, but Cassius had identified me as well, but I chose to keep my discovery secret to avoid showing my hand. Without warning, Stellar is once again linked to the hive mind, forcing us to go quiet again.

Later, once I try to get people talking again to check if we lost anyone, someone is once again linked to the hive mind, which I can only assume was Stellar for the third time since there wasn't any screaming from the newcomer. At this point, ImprovedName/Cassius/Mr. Kappa has linked Stellar to the hive mind at every opportunity for seemingly no reason other than to disrupt our planning. To make matters worse, the two of them are almost always in a public area, so I can't deal with them on my own. As I'm thinking about how to proceed, meteors hit the station and take out the SME's cooling loop, causing the HoP to go to code red and call the shuttle, forcing me to put everything on hold so that there'd actually be time to deal with my objectives. In the end the SME couldn't be stabilized before the shuttle arrived and I made a decision: Cassius had denied every other ling a chance to complete our mutual objective, but I was the only one who needed to absorb another ling.

I decided to intercept them at the shuttle and absorb/kill them or die trying. When I managed to get to them I attacked with an arm blade only for a sudden surprise: Stellar grew an arm blade and started attacking me. In the end, We almost killed each other, but at the end of the round, one thing was clear: Cassius had decided abandon their objectives, except for the "extract the most genomes" objective, to bodyguard Stellar, someone he had to prevent from leaving alive, and went so far as to disguise Stellar as themselves and disguise as Stellar to lure the other lings into attacking them.

When you look at the ling objectives for that round, you'll notice that Epsilon, Sigma (me), and Omicron failed to get any objectives done, except for me managing to survive to Centcom (barely), as did Kappa (ImprovedName). Theta, the only one with an objective not related to Stellar, managed to get one objective done as well.

The issue here is, ImprovedName's objective of preventing Stellar from escaping the station wasn't incompatible with our objective to kill Stellar, but they chose to instead sabotage our chances of getting what was almost a team objective and throwing away their own chance at an objective as well. They spent the majority of the round making it so we couldn't communicate or work together without fear of the others in what to everyone who chose to speak about it is a clear example of metabuddying at its finest.

Nik707

RE: Complaint: ImprovedName

Post by Nik707 »

I just wanna throw in some things regarding attitude, that I've already reported to the PR but I think need to be made public along with this. ImprovedName has some serious attitude issues regarding some things. Including several instances of bringing things from last round into the next round lobbies OOC, despite those things being long dead topics, just as a way to stir more shit.
To include another issue, there was a cult round in which the cult was found out and the head cultist ordered a tesloose from the culted CE, myself. i did it, and improved died. He then proceeded to bitch heavily in Dchat, including calling out a person solely because they were a paradise player, seen here. 
(Image)
 and then calling a vote to end the round which was still in progress doing just fine.
 (Image)
Sigh.
Last edited by Nik707 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flynn Flan

Post by Flynn Flan »

johnnyvitrano wrote: I just wanna throw in some things regarding attitude, that I've already reported to the PR but I think need to be made public along with this. ImprovedName has some serious attitude issues regarding some things. Including several instances of bringing things from last round into the next round lobbies OOC, despite those things being long dead topics, just as a way to stir more shit.
To include another issue, there was a cult round in which the cult was found out and the head cultist ordered a tesloose from the culted CE, myself. i did it, and improved died. He then proceeded to bitch heavily in Dchat, including calling out a person solely because they were a paradise player, seen here. 
(Image)
 and then calling a vote to end the round which was still in progress doing just fine.
 (Image)
Sigh.
I mean, tbf, loosing the tesla because the cult was found out is exactly what you're complaining about him doing: Sabotaging a team objective for no reason, except its also ending the round in the progress, as per destroying the station, and ruining the objective of an antag that ends the round when defeated. I've seen loud cults go perfectly well and end up winning even, so...

And, I mean... When a tesla is loosed on a cult round, or, rev round, or any similar round ending antag... Well, I mean... Is there any reason to not restart the round?
Last edited by Flynn Flan on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Yes, the round was still perfectly moving with no issues, and there were still live cultists. You don't end a round in progress unless you *HAVE* to. And, I was told by the LEAD cultist to do it, and no one objected. So I did it. He wanted the distraction to get the target.

Flynn Flan

Post by Flynn Flan »

johnnyvitrano wrote: Yes, the round was still perfectly moving with no issues, and there were still live cultists. You don't end a round in progress unless you *HAVE* to. And, I was told by the LEAD cultist to do it, and no one objected. So I did it. He wanted the distraction to get the target.
I mean
The odds of the tesla fucking over any chance of the cult's objective is pretty high

Gibbing the target
Killing cult members
Destroying the room you need to summon within

And it was only a vote, not a forced restart

A forced restart like Faux once did on RP when trying to reconnect himself...
Yeah, fun fact, restart button doesn't reconnect you Faux...

Improvedname

Post by Improvedname »

Starting off, i give you my plan that round in short.
As all lings outed they needed to kill stellar, and i just needed to prevent stellar escaping alive. ((shuttle brig counts as not escaping alive))
At the start of the round the main two lings outed their objectives about killing/disguising as stellar with their occupication, which i took up to objective #1, and bought pheromone receptors, ((as a few know absorbing another ling allows you to have all their genomes, so if you had 1 genome and another ling had 12, you would have 13 after the absorb)), which at that point telling to stellar that a x number of lings had to kill her was the best thing to do, which allowed me to disguise idenities with stellar, turning stellar into cassius former me, and me into her, which would redirect all the changelings from her to me, which would have allowed me to complete objective 1 easier, while taking out other competition ling wise((because a ling cant revive when they are absorbed), around the time we told it to security to put more pressure on the other lings and taking out competition, a meteor wave happened which forced the shuttle to be called very early, everyone got on the shuttle, the plan was to keep stellar in the brig shuttle, ((as mentioned earlier being in shuttle brig doesn't count as escaping alive)) which when i got her in, started extracting dna, which where goerge spoke to cassius, while saying he gets his revenge, which at that point he moved out a armblade, which is also the point the round nearly ended, and in no way any ling was able to complete their objectives in a time limit.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

johnnyvitrano wrote: I just wanna throw in some things regarding attitude, that I've already reported to the PR but I think need to be made public along with this. ImprovedName has some serious attitude issues regarding some things. Including several instances of bringing things from last round into the next round lobbies OOC, despite those things being long dead topics, just as a way to stir more shit.
(Image)
 (Image)
Sigh.
uhh...YEAH...Image
You are supposed to release Nar-Sie and have THEM destroy the station. Not have tesla get loose and possibly kill the headcultists. That would easily end in a bwoink on that part. And quite frankly, I would bwoink someone that did that.

Another thing, the last time that their was a linked person? That wasn't me. That was Cliff the detective that was linked. So that part was kind of was just a big mashup of giving your statuses away.

The last part? I didn't want to get involved. He PDA messaged me and ended up ruining the secret round for me. I have been metafriending with flynn in the past and I just got to the point to stop that stuff when the backlash kept getting to me. And here I get brought into YET another metabuddy circle that I didn't ask for. I absolutely love Cassius, don't get me wrong. But I don't want to be a part of anything that gives me a bad name. I of course won't break up this little more than friendship going on OOC, but I am not going to be a part of anything that would be similar to the fact of ruining secret. At this point, I will pretend I ICly didn't get any messages to further prevent anything like this. I'm sorry to anyone involved. I would hope no bad blood comes from this, but in the end, nothing I can really do if I am thought differently of because of the past few rounds.

Edited for information*
Last edited by StellarWolf on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Improvedname

Post by Improvedname »

FGRSentinel wrote: The issue here is, ImprovedName's objective of preventing Stellar from escaping the station wasn't incompatible with our objective to kill Stellar, but they chose to instead sabotage our chances of getting what was almost a team objective and throwing away their own chance at an objective as well. They spent the majority of the round making it so we couldn't communicate or work together without fear of the others in what to everyone who chose to speak about it is a clear example of metabuddying at its finest.
Because everyone has the same objective doesn't mean your suddenly a team, for me this was a competition for the most genomes from the get go.

SomanBat

Post by SomanBat »

Improvedname wrote:

Starting off, i give you my plan that round in short.
As all lings outed they needed to kill stellar, and i just needed to prevent stellar escaping alive. ((shuttle brig counts as not escaping alive))
At the start of the round the main two lings outed their objectives about killing/disguising as stellar with their occupication, which i took up to objective #1, and bought pheromone receptors, ((as a few know absorbing another ling allows you to have all their genomes, so if you had 1 genome and another ling had 12, you would have 13 after the absorb)), which at that point telling to stellar that a x number of lings had to kill her was the best thing to do, which allowed me to disguise idenities with stellar, turning stellar into cassius former me, and me into her, which would redirect all the changelings from her to me, which would have allowed me to complete objective 1 easier, while taking out other competition ling wise((because a ling cant revive when they are absorbed), around the time we told it to security to put more pressure on the other lings and taking out competition, a meteor wave happened which forced the shuttle to be called very early, everyone got on the shuttle, the plan was to keep stellar in the brig shuttle, ((as mentioned earlier being in shuttle brig doesn't count as escaping alive)) which when i got her in, started extracting dna, which where goerge spoke to cassius, while saying he gets his revenge, which at that point he moved out a armblade, which is also the point the round nearly ended, and in no way any ling was able to complete their objectives in a time limit.
That is, in fact, actually wrong. Being in the shuttle brig counts as escaping alive.

The convoluted plan to get more genomes doesn't hold much water either, from an outside perspective.  Stealth DNA stings left and right will generally net you that objective, without ruining other antag rounds.

Following that, it's known that you and Stellar have a "thing".  Through no fault of his own, Stellar has benefitted from his friend being an admin in the past. The whole plan for genomes really sounds more like "I'm protecting my friend" than anything else.

I would expect an admin to know basic game mechanics like "what does prevent escaping alive" mean. I'd also expect them to be very aware of even the appearance of metafriending, and to take steps to avoid even the appearance of it happening.

FGRSentinel

Post by FGRSentinel »

Improvedname wrote: As all lings outed they needed to kill stellar, and i just needed to prevent stellar escaping alive. ((shuttle brig counts as not escaping alive))
First off, from what I heard on Discord from multiple people being on the shuttle or in an escape pod, even in the brig, still counts as escaping. Second, as you said, you were working with both Security and your target, which as far as I know is frowned on for antags in many situations. Third, you outright admit here that you didn't start extracting DNA until after you got on the shuttle, which means you had no real intent to act on it except for your claim you intended to get objective 1 by absorbing any ling that went after you while disguised as Stellar... while constantly being in a public place, linking Stellar to the hive mind, and overtly having Security around the two of you at one point, all things that would, realistically, cause every ling to go to ground, which it did.

You might say that's what your plan was, but it seemed pretty obvious that your only real goal was to stop us from killing Stellar, something that would have allowed you to complete two of your objectives and move on to the "Objective One" that you insisted you were going for all along while the rest of us had to drop our objectives to try to figure out how to deal with the threat you represented without communicating with each other.