Adminbuse

NobodyImportant

Adminbuse

Post by NobodyImportant »

BYOND Name: N0B0DY-1MP0R74N7

Reason Banned:  Purposefully tried to flood the station with plasma in an attempt to carry on obnoxious IC in OOC Ahelp complaints after he was muted. 

Admin who banned you: Foxsequence

Length Banned: permanent

Appeal Reason:

Please read this without preconceptions. On other servers at least i've had admins only skim over the points because they just went and assumed i was a bad person.

Let's clarify a few things here right at the start. Just simple Yes/No please.
a) Is it or is it not acceptable for a head, much more the acting captain, to go on and ignore any questions directed at them and and instead go and murder corgis and have boxing matches for an entire hour?
If this is acceptable, this is all that you should have said instead of absolutely abusively gagging me from all ways to speak about my ooc complaint. I realize that things might be handled differently on here than on other stations, and since i'm somewhat new here i don't know all the ins and outs yet.
b) Is or is it not acceptable to complain about other people to the admins?
If it is acceptable, please have the minimal decency to actually hear me out instead of saying that this is IC in OOC and an IC issue.
If it is not acceptable, how come i was reported by someone as having released plasma last shift, based on i don't know what evidence?

Now to the heart of the matter.

1: Kenzie Houser the RD took the Captains Spare ID, and the nuclear authentication disk, right at the start of the round before any threat was declared, because they were acting captain.
Since taking the authentication disk was my traitor objective i got after i asked to not have to murder anyone, i had no way of progressing with this without involving the acting captain. So i have futilely asked for over two hours about who took the ID and could change access rights. Anything else i would have wanted to do in RP would also have needed either a xenobiologist or access change.
In other words thanks to the player of Kenzie ignoring everything and taking those things without telling anyone or even declaring themselves acting captain, i could not play for about two hours.
I don't know if the player is an admin, or why everyone was so quick to jump to their defense, but their actions cost me all the fun in this round.
This is not an IC issue. Since i specifically asked for an objective where i didn't have to murder anyone, and and was given the task of taking the authentication disk AFTER the acting captain already took it, i had absolutely no way to resolve this matter IC-ly. The acting captain refused to engage with me whenever i wasn't attacking them with something, so the only way to resolve this would have been to murder them, plus since he had R&D equip him with maxed out gear i had no way of actually doing this even if i wanted to.
So i don't know what you expected me to do.

2: Someone apparently reported me releasing plasma the previous shift. And you people accepted that complaint without second guessing it and immediately added to your mental picture of me that i was someone to be watched closely for any slip ups.

What the actual fuck.

I have done some stellar roleplay for all the two days i played here, and the only thing i did the previous shift was try and repair the damage that depressurized and toxin-flooded half the station, thanks to immovable rods being enabled. I was seriously thinking about doing some coding for the station, and donating, because i liked playing here so much. This very round i asked for a traitor objective that wasn't about killing someone, because i value roleplay that much over robustness.
And the one remark you people have of me is that above.
What the hell.

3: If i am complaining about something which has caused me legitimate grief this round, and you mute me in the middle of it with three people replying to me and just telling me to shut up, what do you expect will happen? That i will just shut up and accept, that such is life, and i'll have to deal with ruined rounds and roleplay because of people not following the rules? Or that i will try to get other people's opinion in OOC on a gameplay issue, as i did?

4: I actually did not know i would be able to talk to you again when i decided on pushing plasma into the life support system. When you did, i of course took the chance to ask you to at least try and be reasonable people instead of fucking dictators who gag me if they don't like what i have to say.
I had stopped before to consider my options, but quite frankly i saw none. The RD was untouchable, their friends surrounded and protected them constantly, i cannot make bombs, i was an atmos tech and the only thing i had access to was atmos, as a traitor fucking with atmos is not forbidden, and clearly you wanted me to kill the guy somehow, otherwise you would not have told me to resolve the matter IC-ly.

So in the end, i did not violate any rules, you however refused to hear me out, you treated me unfairly strictly based on wrong information, you let that other person get away with ruining my round because of their own fun, you refused to help me resolve an issue which i couldn't roleplay out, and last not least, you banned me for coming up with a solution myself. And yet i'm being permabanned.

I legitimately don't know what i could have done to prevent this and still be able to play this round.
Last edited by NobodyImportant on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chokin and Tokin

RE: Adminbuse

Post by Chokin and Tokin »

I don't know if there's rules for these forums about commenting if you're not involved, but it can't hurt to try I guess.

Just wondering why;
A) You think it's a HRP server,
B) You just HAD to have that objective green text,
C) You are upset that your fun was ruined, but are upset at Kenzie enjoying her game.

FoxSequence

Post by FoxSequence »

Alright, I apologize for acting so hasty that round. After a bit of discussion, it's been decided that your ban will be lifted. The reason behind it is that I have personally been on edge with (griefer) newjoin atmos-techs, and I didn't realize you were both a traitor and common player before hitting the ban button. So, that was all my fault. Not that being on edge should be any reasonable excuse, but yeah, sorry again.

(I will add, though, that flooding the station with plasma is almost always a poor choice, and that it probably wouldn't have gotten you the nuke disk anyways.)
Last edited by FoxSequence on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NobodyImportant

Chokin and Tokin wrote:
A) You think it's a HRP server,
C) You are upset that your fun was ruined, but are upset at Kenzie enjoying her game.
I think it's a MRP server, and generally one where people would rather see a round go by peacefully (meme-ing optional)and traitors completing their objectives sneakily instead of people robusting each others faces with toolboxes.

I would've been happy for them having fun if they did not do it at the expense of their job, or not as a head.
FoxSequence wrote: (I will add, though, that flooding the station with plasma is almost always a poor choice, and that it probably wouldn't have gotten you the nuke disk anyways.)
If we're at confessions, i have to admit that i only selected that legal-gray-area option instead of just failing as a traitor, because i was incredibly upset. I did at that moment not manage to consider that this would ruin the fun of not only the RnD staff, but also of uninvolved other people. It's probable that this thought would've followed later and i would've immediately fixed the problem i caused. But still:
In hindsight. Thank you for stopping me.
Oh and ... can you lift the ban please, since you said you would.
Last edited by NobodyImportant on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoxSequence

Post by FoxSequence »

.. wrote: Oh and ... can you lift the ban please, since you said you would.
Waiting on a proper admin to do so, my apologies. Trialmins don't get to unban. I just checked.

NobodyImportant

any updates? it's been almost a day

Turgent

Post by Turgent »

Unbanned.