Ban appeal for ArcticFlame

Arctic

Ban appeal for ArcticFlame

Post by Arctic »

BYOND Name:arcticflame

Reason Banned:'Griefer' as according to the admin. IG there was a xenomorph running around, and I said 'Stand back, im throwing a fire bomb at it!' i throw it, it misses, and puts fire on two tiles. no one is hurt, but i get banned seconds later.

Admin who banned:tk420634

Length Banned:Forever, as of 9/23/16

Appeal Reason: I would like to be unbanned because I meant no harm unto anyone except the xenomorph, which I assumed was hostile as they are on all the other servers. I threw a firebomb with a warning, and out of any station go-ers way, at the xenomorph and only intended to hit the xenomorph.
Last edited by Arctic on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThingPony

RE: Ban appeal for ArcticFlame

Post by ThingPony »

Was it a a real xenomorph that was running around attacking others? Or was it the xeno race we have?

Arctic

Post by Arctic »

ThingPony wrote: Was it a a real xenomorph that was running around attacking others? Or was it the xeno race we have?
Well It kind of just rushed in, outside of medical. I don't know whether it was the hostile kind or the race, but I wasnt aware of the xenos being a docile playable race until you just said it

ThingPony

Post by ThingPony »

So you threw an IED at something that might not have even been a threat, at a player. Which could of killed them. There is also the fact that you even had a IED in the first place.

Arctic

Post by Arctic »

ThingPony wrote: So you threw an IED at something that might not have even been a threat, at a player. Which could of killed them. There is also the fact that you even had a IED in the first place.
I literally had no idea that Xeno's were docile to the server, it was like my first time playing. They arent on any other server, at all. Only this one. Plus, I thought chemists were allowed to make stuff like that
Arctic wrote:
ThingPony wrote: So you threw an IED at something that might not have even been a threat, at a player. Which could of killed them. There is also the fact that you even had a IED in the first place.
I literally had no idea that Xeno's were docile to the server, it was like my first time playing. They arent on any other server, at all. Only this one. Plus, I thought chemists were allowed to make stuff like that
I swear I wont do it again, know that I know. I wont even make explosives at all
Last edited by Arctic on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThingPony

Post by ThingPony »

Yes, our server is made up of alot of different races, including one that looks like a xeno, though they can't do anything like a real xeno can of course, just when they scream they make the xeno noise. We currently are looking into it, however so hang tight.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

You make it sound like you wanted nothing more to fight the aliens and just so happened to use a an ied with the best of intentions. Considering that you threw three grenades in the bar and medbay earlier, it seems far more probable you seized upon the xeno as a convenient excuse to throw the firebomb you had cooked up and were dying to use.

Even though I don't think this ban should remain, I'm not sure whether I buy your explanation.
ex-headmin

Arctic

Post by Arctic »

Kenzie wrote: You make it sound like you wanted nothing more to fight the aliens and just so happened to use a an ied with the best of intentions. Considering that you threw three grenades in the bar and medbay earlier, it seems far more probable you seized upon the xeno as a convenient excuse to throw the firebomb you had cooked up and were dying to use.

Even though I don't think this ban should remain, I'm not sure whether I buy your explanation.
Those three grenades were smoke grenades, and didnt injure anyone. I did want to harm the xeno, but i didnt know that they wouldnt kill everyone and facehug them on first sight

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Arctic wrote:
Kenzie wrote: You make it sound like you wanted nothing more to fight the aliens and just so happened to use a an ied with the best of intentions. Considering that you threw three grenades in the bar and medbay earlier, it seems far more probable you seized upon the xeno as a convenient excuse to throw the firebomb you had cooked up and were dying to use.

Those three grenades were smoke grenades, and didnt injure anyone. I did want to harm the xeno, but i didnt know that they wouldnt kill everyone and facehug them on first sight
I'm not sure that you understand my concern. It hinges upon there being a difference between "oh shit, xeno, better kill it to protect the station" and "oh nice, an excuse to throw this firebomb I was twice barred from using".
ex-headmin

Arctic

Post by Arctic »

Kenzie wrote:
Arctic wrote:

I'm not sure that you understand my concern. It hinges upon there being a difference between "oh shit, xeno, better kill it to protect the station" and "oh nice, an excuse to throw this firebomb I was twice barred from using".
No, i understand your concern, but I honestly had no intent of trolling. Plus, the bomb did fire damage in a 2x2 square