Ban Appeal - Chefferz

raiq

Ban Appeal - Chefferz

Post by raiq »

BYOND Name: Chefferz

Reason Banned: After already being given one last chance to show improvement, continued to instead display poor and unwanted behaviour both IC and OOC - including recent cases of; Excessive toxic behavior & meta grudging, powergaming and lashing out at staff merely voicing their thoughts on your ban appeal. Enough's enough, time to look elsewhere to play..

Admin who banned: Worgilisk

Length Banned: Perma

Appeal Reason:
I am reposting my old appeal because it got denied with none of my questions actually answered, and it has been half a year.

This is going to be long. This is going to be detailed. And this is going to prove why I was never truly given a chance, and that whole thing has been completely unfair and absolutely reeks of just trying to "toss me into the trash" without an actual valid reason.

Lets break down the ban reason step by step.

---------------------------------------------------------
One last chance to show improvement.
---------------------------------------------------------

Read my previous head ban appeal and you'll see as to why the simple fact I was even put on a "last chance" in the first place shouldn't have even happened. (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1639&p=4737)

There's testimony from an admin who was not only active, but saw the entire situation unfold from start to finish, Zeldazackman.

"On the event incident, there were actually two events running side by side that spurred on quite alot of chaos in the round which meant that the one had no understanding of the other in the middle of an already ongoing event.

From one of the events that was already ongoing the asset protection unit/deathsquad renamed was in the bridge to figure out the situation upon the potential blob and leave with the subject's brain in tow after ensuring that company policy was adhered to is as far as I understood that event, the other already ongoing one I couldn't tell.

The previous event causes the brig to start being invaded and attacked which caused the HoS, Ana, to have to go back to the brig and attempt to help out with that situation, when they came back they were killed by the one deathsquad member with a full mag-dump and when they were being resleeved security had decided that asset protection were terrorists holding the heads hostage as they had heard an RPG go off (which was accidental and explained as being accidental within LOOC inside the bridge but people outside couldn't see that LOOC)

All in all based upon what I saw that round, I'd be in approval of this headban being removed. "

This entire issue above should have made the incident non-canon. It was an event that went awry, and not only did it go awry, but Jade Manique wasn't even punished or critiqued on their end for the incident. The whole "IC-OOC" was me blowing up in admin chat discord and trying to get a head admin on because multiple people were bitching about this in OOC and there was no head admin on. I lost my cool, yes, but that was the first time I lost my cool simply because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE ABOUT EVENTS JADE RAN THAT WENT AFOUL, AND THIS WAS YET ANOTHER ONE THAT WENT AWRY. Multiple complaints had been posted on the forums and discord about the destructive, downright round ruining events that had been done by Jade at this time, and I was livid that this happened yet again, and yet another round was turned into chaos, for the sake of Jade's anger bursts. Please read the appeal of my head ban for further details about the incident.

Also, in that appeal, Worgilisk stated that they "I still personally remain on the fence regarding this; You might not be causing as much trouble as before, but more recent events have reinforced my caution in returning permissions to such roles to you." regarding me. When I contacted Gorgilisk for clarification, even after fully elaborating what happened with yet another incident in which a Shadekin that Jade spawned in and ate Solace (as the shadekin) when I had something planned to do with him. It really upset me, but I only messaged Vincent OOC because I was, at the time, QM, and he was a Cargo Tech.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excessive toxic behavior & meta grudging

The toxic behavior was 95% me on the discord joining in on arguments regarding the current state of the RP server, and the constant griefers whom for some reason managed to last sometimes weeks on the server causing chaos before admins finally did something about them. (Big examples : Jasper, Arkan, Kurushee)

Metagrudging simply did not happen, period. This was added fluff to make my ban seem more legit when I have not once done that to a person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powergaming and lashing out at staff merely voicing their thoughts on your ban appeal

Yeah. That whole "powergaming" was me doing all of wiring up solars when the map was nearly out of power at a 3am shift. Vincent already was, apparently, told off for this accusation by Blackmajor.

Lashing out at staff never occurred. I messaged ZeroNetAlpha on discord when he said he didn't want me unheadbanned, and asked him NICELY what I could do to make him feel different, or what I've done to warrant that. Proof of this has been given to Bhjin in a discussion, but I can post them if needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now we get to the meat and potatoes. Questions that still haven't been answered, and I got wordlessly slung off the RP server after an incident that I ADMIN HELPED, and got told I can arrest them over.

- Why was I banned for an incident I ahelped.

- Why are admins who do not play on the RP server having any weight in the decision of my ban? They've not witnessed my behavior on RP server. I've not touched the main server for almost a year.

- Why did a moderator instantly go into admin chat, complain about my ahelp that I did, in which Vincent immediately typed out a reason to keep me banned and stirred the pot enough to make Leon come in and say give me the boot? The incident was already handled with an admin, and yet because my name was brought up again on an incident that -I- reported, I am the one that gets slapped because of it? Admin shopping isn't allowed as a player, so I don't see how Ban shopping should be allowed for Admins.

-Why is Vincent claiming "Baited or not, the long and short is that you were banned due to the discovery of your probationary status following a previous permaban being over turned."

1) I've had one permaban. That permaban was in 2015 when I was non-con vored AFK and killed the person who vored me by chopping my way out of them, and logged off, only to log in NEARLY A WHOLE YEAR LATER to being permabanned, in which I asked to please be unbanned so I could play.
2) What is the point of a "probationary status" if you're going to punish based on past behavior that you're not letting me fix. I'm well aware that behavior on main wasn't great. And I -had- significantly toned down the nonsense and jumping into the arguments on discord. Speaking of which, Let's bring up my discord ban.

-I was discord banned once before. But the issue with that is that I was asked by Vincent to go over my notes. When I started going over my notes, AS ASKED BY AN ADMIN, I was banned and had my entire message history deleted from the discord, because I was called a liar.

- Leon made a statement in my ban appeal that got denied the following. "With your cumulative history of harassing other admins to "reevaluate" every decision ever made against you; your attempts to rally sympathetic support from the general population of the server against the staff any and every time an action has been taken against you; your flagrant disregard for the judgement of the staff here; and, for the almost obsessive amount of disrespect you show towards anyone who crosses you, I'm sorely tempted to simply deny this appeal outright and be done with you. Instead, I'm going to allow a few more people to reply to this, especially Gorgilisk since he's the admin who binned you; and then I'll move this to the denied section"

1) The only incidents I had in which I needed things "reevalulated" was in late 2016/early 2017 when I was first getting started on Main server. The only other incident was a NOTE APPEAL, which was denied -despite me providing proof that I accomplished my objectives (http://citadel-station.net/forum/viewto ... 937&p=2944)

2) The fact that you're thinking I sat and got a whole bunch of people to flood chat is ludicrious. Multiple regular RP players, and multiple RP admins were vouching for my behavior, and even said that the incidents with me were downright baited. The obsessive amount of disrespect goes both ways, Leon. When I sit and give an admin solid proof of what I'm being accused of doing not being the case, and being called a liar, it's going to get hairy between the two of us. Not to mention that I'm the one who's still having grudges held against me from the main server when the RP server is not only an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CODEBASE, but an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLE, in which I was taking seriously, and doing my jobs appropriately.

3) You're lack of involvement with the community along with the instant "I'm going to move this to the denied section" screamed to multiple people that you didn't give a damn about the populace's opinion. Like I told you, I am well aware that my behavior on main was not great, but you can ask most people who interacted with me on a daily basis on the RP server can vouch that I've been doing my damnest to get rid of my stigma. Something I'm not being given the opportunity for.

So it boils down to this.

I've got the main head admin of RP on my side.
I've got almost all the main RP admins on my side, who are vouching for my behavior.
But two head admins, Bhjin, who I've tried my damnest to figure out what I have to do to redeem myself in their eyes, only to get nothing, and Worgilisk, who is almost never on the RP server period, nor an active part of the community minus some maybe minor backend stuff, who are keeping me banned and binned from the RP community.
And Leon, who told admins to block me in admin chat if I contacted them about my ban, instead of taking the time to actually figure out what happened.
I've got dozens of vouches of people who are pointing out the obvious fact that this ban was baited, and solid proof has been given, but instead of it being acknowledged, it's simply being buckled down on harder.

With literally hundreds and hundreds of hours on the RP server, do you not see how this doesn't compute?
With dozens of people whom are vouching for me on the RP server, do you not think there's a reason for that?
The head admin who actually plays on the RP server, and has witnessed my behavior first hand, called my ban "bandwagoning and banbaiting". That statement alone should prove that this is not legitimate.

And I want to make a final statement that a good chunk of my drama in the discord, was me complaining about either 1) Events that blew up the entire map and made a number of people leave/quit/sit for hours waiting for the next map, and 2) Individuals whom were running around and briefing, yet admins weren't doing anything about them for weeks. Again, examples are Jasper, Arkan, Shiloh, and Marjory.

Nik707

Re: Ban Appeal - Chefferz

Post by Nik707 »

I'm still in favor of a server unban, while leaving discord in place for a bit to gauge your conduct. The event that led to your ban was ahelped and given permission, and your conduct on discord was shitty, but that's not server related. We already have a player banned on discord and not on server, in Sk1tz. Why not another. Hosts and non-RP admins using their old opinions of you based on old conduct is a big load of shit, and your RP conduct compared to main was *miles* better, and you didn't deserve to be banned permanently from all forms of citadel based on old-guard opinions, and shitty behavior on discord. Hopefully now with a lot more fresh faces on the team you might have a chance to show what remains of the old admins that you were a lot better than they remember.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Speaking of old opinions..

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

One of the rare cases of when I'd consider a ban reason itself weaker than it should be for a true rule 0 community permaban, but the person in question kept digging themselves a grave and causing people to clamp down harder than they otherwise would have.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Nik707 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 am
Speaking of old opinions..
I told you I was gunna post a meme.
OP
I wont stand in the way of this appeal, since you primarily play on RP, but I don't really want to see you on Main. Rather than considering this a unilateral appeal, would you be accepting of those terms?
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

I honestly dont think there should be any unban.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

I don't really support the unban either, but it's a relatively easy thing to reapply if you really aren't acting in good faith.

Edit: server unban why not, Discord unban no, at least not at this time

raiq

Post by raiq »

I don't play on main, so sure.

I want to make it particularly clear that I -went- to the RP server to clear the reputation I had built on main. Please actually read the appeal, and understand this. I fully understand the discord ban and am not appealing that part at all.