[Main] Validhunting Note Appeal

poptar4551

[Main] Validhunting Note Appeal

Post by poptar4551 »

BYOND Name:poptar4551

Reason Noted: Warned for validhunting ling as an assistant. Explained that they were involved with lings death prior, to justify their validhunt.

Admin who noted: Lordheichou

Appeal Reason: It's wrong and I don't want it. More of the note being wrong rather than me not wanting it.

I was playing the round as an assistant, shocker, and had a make-shift shotgun as to arm myself against the very well known threat known as lings. Whole station knew about it, people were missing, we were on red alert. I walk into morgue and find the ling sticking dead bodies and go into action as they fucking bolt and I will not be able to keep track of a ling by standing there and calling sec. Lordheichou didn't dispute my logical and IC basis for killing or assisting in killing a ling to begin with. Once we cremated it I yelled over comms that I had killed the ling.

I had failed to realize cloning was a thing and should have made them aware that the ling was dead. Low and behold the ling, a major threat to the station, ended up cloning and getting out and therefore was basically my fault for living again. I didn't go on some blood-thirsty rampage to find the ling and kill it dead. Nor did I get my valid salad shoes on and hunt for it mercilessly. I went to one place, twice. Arrivals locker room. I checked arrivals locker room for the escaped ling, literally a station wide threat that no one in security was fucking looking for. Then I checked the bathrooms. A very misplaced HoP(Delaney) was standing inside one of the bathroom stalls and so I called out on comms to the HoP, asking them where they are.

Guess who responded? The real HoP. I opened the door again and unloaded a defensive slug into the ling and backed off since I was already hurt from the shenanigans earlier. The ling tried doing a little case of bad acting and once I revealed that the real Delaney was on comms, out came the arm blade and whacking me with it. I wasn't having any of that so I fucked right off, loaded my shotgun up with buckshot and defended myself from the ling. As it tried to run I gave chase, because why would I let the ling get away? Other people ended up following in pursuit. We eventually stopped at the centcomm ship docking area and get this the ling headslugged itself. It then went out into space to escape the angry mob and died out there. I didn't even fucking kill it a second time. I had IC reason to find a ling that I failed to keep killed. Sec wasn't looking for it, and I also didn't even kill it the second time. I know what valid hunting is and I am more than willing to take a note for rules that I break but this note is not one of those. I found a ling and shot it once. I didn't fucking unload on it or find it for the sake of wanting to be the one to kill it. I found it because no one else was looking for it, it was a threat to the station, it was my fault it got out, and quite frankly it was super fucking unlucky to choose that bathroom stall and the identity of an HoP. Logically and Icly, I had every reason to defend myself, find the ling, and then watch it promptly kill itself.

Bathroom exchange: https://imgur.com/a/1jMkZpX

The stupid suicide: https://imgur.com/a/OVzwfvc

I dumped one slug, not multiple (until I had to defend myself). They also didn't get hit many times as a slug and just straight up fucking keeled over in space because that was their choice of escape.

madamheichou

Re: [Main] Validhunting Note Appeal

Post by madamheichou »

Wow, it actually killed itself? That's funny as heck. Now that I've had a second to process the situation more clearly, (I was dealing with something IRL and wanted to be done with the ahelp) so I want to apologize for basically being a dumbass with this. The fact that you just so happened to check the bathrooms first was a little suspicious, but it would logically be the place for a newly cloned antag to hide, seeing as they probably didn't have their ID. I'm sorry for being so aggressive with being determined to slap a validhunt lable on the situation. Not killing the ling would have put people at risk including yourself and since you were already involved with the ling, it just makes sense to off it as soon as you could, or rather to find it. I'll be removing your note now.