[RP] 3 day ban - Appeal for speaking german and arguing with an admin.

Fargothur6969

[RP] 3 day ban - Appeal for speaking german and arguing with an admin.

Post by Fargothur6969 »

BYOND Name: FargothUr911

Reason Banned: It is a very lengthy reason, but I can boil down to speaking german and arguing with an admin.

Admin who banned: zeldazackman

Length Banned: 3 days

Appeal Reason:
Here is the context, I was playing as Evelyn Ludwig, a paramedic in the shift before this one, I was talking over comms with another individual in a different language, that being german, now, Crashinator08 messaged me at the end of the shift, asking if I had a moment, of course I said yes. He told me not to speak german, of course I argued against it, at first saying I was roleplaying, to which he said that wasnt allowed and he seemed quite adamant that it was non negotiable, of course, he then pulls the server caveat against me on this here website for reference: https://citadel-station-rules.my-free.website/. This is the caveat in question. "You must be able to read and write English with a level of comprehension meeting the US Grade 11-12 standard." of course, I saw a discrepancy in this, stating that the rules say I must be able to read and write in english and that I am not required to, I had requested for another admin, to which he said he would oblige.

He eventually messaged me back, sending me this picture: https://gyazo.com/3f410ed1a83e024342dafb96fa180d84, which I argued that the server rules needed an update to suit this message, I then said that I should not be punished for breaking a rule that was never shown on the server rules website, he then said he was noting me because of speaking german and arguing against him, I then said I would send a complaint about it and then I got banned.

To summarise: Not only did I get noted for something that was never mentioned in the rules, but also, immediately banned. The only source that he used to argue against me speaking german was a discord message, which, again, is not the same as the server rules. This is why I believe the ban to be unreasonable.

Zeldazackman

Re: [RP] 3 day ban - Appeal for speaking german and arguing with an admin.

Post by Zeldazackman »

I'll admit the original ban reasoning was a bit silly as this had all stemmed from not speaking English in character, if I lower the ban's time will you cease to use german on the server?

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

Sounds good to me, I will NOT use german again, even IC.

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Alrighty, I'll lower the ban to last for only until the next round is over which should be less than four hours.