Keekenox

[Keekenox] Admin Application

Post by Keekenox »

BYOND ckey: Keekenox

Character name: I have a lot so here you go. Image

Discord username (+user id): Keekenox#1562

How long have you played on Citadel?: 425 days

How long have you played SS13?: Since 2011

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: That's still up in the air as my work schedule is about to change.

Previous SS13 related admin experience: Player Rep memes.

Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Admin on a very popular Garry's Mod server back in the day at the height of Garry's Mod's popularity. 64 pop all the time. Main order of business was sniffing out script users since the server was kind of a competitive thing (people took it way too seriously), and banning edgy boyes that were all too common at the time on Garry's Mod. I also adminned a few minecraft servers years back of various types.

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Uh I think a few from adminchat told me to make an app. I'm pretty sure Digital Squirrel thought I should.

Reason for application: Being player rep is suffering and I need more suffering.

==========
Pop Quiz!
==========

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Well first I'd start with a basic "Hey stop". I'd inform them that perhaps they should settle things via DMs between them like adults if it's bad enough. If things verge into harassment territory I'd have a talk with them both, compare sides, and start spanking as needed, since harassment is no bueno.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

In my opinion, ideally treat the situation as if you were a normal player and try and snag some admins from adminchat or something if nobody is online. You know, standard ahelp stuff for the most part. I really don't want to get any preferential treatment because I am staff, if I'm doing something retarded I should be spanked for it and told about it.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Well I think intent is a very important modifier, in my personal opinion intent is key. If somebody is maliciously trying to impact the fun of other people then it should be dealt with in a harsher way. Alternatively some people may be accidentally or unknowingly making things horrible for other people. If this is the case they should be warned with a note and a 'hey, that might not be the best thing to do okay thanks'. If they continue to show inability to not do that thing that's horrible, I'd start considering real punishments.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

If I really feel that the station is being adequately moderated without me I'd consider deadminning, that being said, I pretty much intend to solely admin on RP (I will probably deadmin no matter what on main). On RP, there's very little and usually no actual conflict, causing meta to be a lot less of an issue, and I rarely see admins deadminning themselves on RP.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

In my eyes there's a few things that I expect from admins. Integrity, maturity, and impartiality. Admins should be mature enough to handle most situations, not get heated or upset, and if they do get heated or upset, they should be expected to be able to divest themselves from the situation. An admin should be able to reasonably make decisions that uphold the rules while making sure everyone on the server is having fun, because lets be honest, that's what we're all here for right?

(also not leak achat lmao)

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Keekenox] Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

How come nobody commented on this yet? Guess I'll be numero uno. Yes. Get in here, slab. Too tired to really praise you to the stars above, but, you're a good guy with a good head on his shoulders. You've definitely set me straight indirectly numerous times in the past, so, big mcthankies. Can't wait to see you on the team!

AnalWerewolf

Post by AnalWerewolf »

BIG +1 from me, I reckon you'd do great. I see you playing RP pretty much whenever I log on and feel we'd get a lot more tickets answered if you were able to handle them yourself.

All of your answers are good, no issues here except in the case of question 2 I just flat out wouldn't handle ANY tickets that involve myself. On RP you'll really never need to deadmin yourself unless we somehow for some reason start running secret rounds, can't really scream meta at an admin for a whole lot on RP. Also by now you've got more than enough experience to step up to the role without issue.

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

AnalWerewolf wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:26 am
All of your answers are good, no issues here except in the case of question 2 I just flat out wouldn't handle ANY tickets that involve myself.
Clarification on the Q2: I'd completely divest myself from any tickets that involve me in any way, I probably didn't write that one out very well I kinda slapped the whole thing together in a few minutes.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Keek is a good player rep and he'll make a great admin. Huge +1 from me.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

He did well as a rep. Yeah, solid confidence on seeing how you do as trial min.