[MAIN] ForrestWick - Running to get culted every cult round.

GrayRachnid

[MAIN] ForrestWick - Running to get culted every cult round.

Post by GrayRachnid »

BYOND Name of complaint against: ForrestWick

Your BYOND name: GrayRachnid

Date of issue and round ID:

Reason for complaint:
The 7 round IDs posted above are from the last 15 cult rounds on the server. Of those 15 rounds, Forrest was cultist in 7 of them. He was only roundstart cultist in one and was converted in all 6 others. The other 8 rounds;

Forrest was not online to participate in, proved by admin logs. Forrest has shown that they will run to the cult's base and get culted purposely whenever there is a Blood Cult in a round they are playing in. I am also told that one of their previous bans was a weeklong antag ban for getting their implant removed after being deconverted and getting culted again, showing that this behavior has not changed.

ForrestWick

Re: [MAIN] ForrestWick - Running to get culted every cult round.

Post by ForrestWick »

I have severe lag spike issues and run on a hotspot connection, and often am in jobs where I'll be in maint often (engi, assistant, etc) either doing building projects or just looking for materials. I often get converted late when cult has spiraled out of control or will get baited close to roundstart by people who meta knowing I'm good at the mode.

In most of those rounds I'll wind up hearing cult get called out and run to investigate like everyone and their grandma will because I wanna see action. If cultists run at me I'll try to escape but often will find myself getting cornered. I try to avoid direct combat because stuns are bullshit and hard to avoid. As much as I love the mode, I won't rush to get converted, I'll often just wanna look and then avoid it, but otherwise be constantly moving and trying to find hideouts to help out sec.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

In the last round, 20259, you ran into Sci maint to 'flee' the cult when it was called out several times that this is where the cult was hiding. Also, statistics don't lie, you were a cultist in every cult round you participated in.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I personally hate getting culted but end up as a cultist nearly every cult round because I just sorta suck at the game, so.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

GrayRachnid wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:07 pm
I am also told that one of their previous bans was a weeklong antag ban for getting their implant removed after being deconverted and getting culted again, showing that this behavior has not changed.

ForrestWick

Post by ForrestWick »

I mean, the behavior that round was a one time thing of me being pissed off I got fucked over by borgs and AI getting valid hunt laws the instant cult was called out.

Not everything is black and white. You don't see what all happens most of the time, you don't know what's going through the person's head. The issue here is yes I wind up getting converted often. Thats because people know I know the mode. They know I know what to do. Eva, Julio, Feasel, Sachi and Suru will get culted very often because they're in the same boat. We become meta targets of both sides. I roll antag enough that people will stop and watch what I do because they're going full meta with that kinda shit. It happens to pretty much everyone in that list but julio and even then people will stop what they do to watch him.

Several key factors that contribute to me getting fucked include: clicking being terrible and half my clicks not even registering it seems, lag spikes and freeze ups being common, crashes being common (I actually crashed in two of those rounds and came back to being a cultist I'm pretty sure), and on top of that being in situations either by accident or through poor thinking that result in me getting nabbed.

I had a guy say something along the lines that I'll be meek if I'm not cult but then I get converted and I'll go hard. Theres a pretty big reason for that and its because of the fact cult has veery power and tool under the sun to end a fight quickly. Even in the hands of a poorly skilled player these tools can end even the most robust people around. If I don't have a gun or at least a baton I'm gonna evade them as much as possible.

Also I wanna note in some of those rounds I got culted when they were at halos and going mega loud, and in one of them I was hallucinating from an apocalypse rune. Again, circumstances out of my control. Drewfus can attest to the fact I was fighting hard with some space loot I got to get rid of the cultists I found when they were at halos and most of the station was gone. And he can attest because he was one of the cultists I wound up gunning down when shit hit the fan.

bluefishtuna

Post by bluefishtuna »

can someone explain how man's gonna claim he gets converted because he's good at combat and then in the same sentence says he gets converted because he's bad at basic combat like running away

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

bluefishtuna wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:41 am
can someone explain how man's gonna claim he gets converted because he's good at combat and then in the same sentence says he gets converted because he's bad at basic combat like running away
Blood cult ddoses his internet

ForrestWick

Post by ForrestWick »

Theres a difference between your weapons being basic tools most rounds and your weapons being bolas, swords, stun spells, etc.

Unlike some of you, I dont keep a spear ready at all times, I dont make bolas preemptively, I don't make shotguns for no reason, I don't get nanites, healing viruses, slime cores, etc. 9/10 cult rounds I'm caught with my pants down and have no means to fight back outside of maybe a welder or an oxytank, but that doesnt do a lot when the other guy can vibe check me with one hit and win or spill my guts out/chop my head off with two swings of a sword. I don't even make this stuff when cult is confirmed because usually there's no time.

When you have cult gear at you disposal, the situation is inverted. Cult gear is way more powerful than most weapons non cult can get, so I have lee way to go crazy.

And like I said, my average ping really high, fluctuates, and will triple regularly in bursts if I'm lucky, shoot up to the thousands if I'm unlucky. This is in any round. Ive had it happen as sec, pirate, wizard, traitor, nukie, rev, etc. Its a constant issue, and both of you trying to taunt like that isnt exactly helping Gray's case here.

Let me also give some context for the last few cult rounds I had.

In the one immediately after my roundstart one, Eva invited me to atmos to get one of those atmos welding hardhats. I was a latejoin janitor so I figured sure, that'll come in handy. Eva proceeded to stun me out of the blue and took me to the incinerator.

Another round I saw Justin stun Rhenor and tried to save him, but got cornered and couldn't escape.

In the one cult round after that, I was spacetiding in the hope that it was extended. When I came back to station, cult got called out and they were already at halos by the time I set foot inside. I didnt let them take me, I pulled out a gun I got from the bunker and opened fire on any cult I saw until they ganged me with swords.

In the one after that, Ruskit followed and chased me into maint and another cultist joined in to sandwich me in a 1 tile wide tunnel.

ForrestWick

Post by ForrestWick »

The others I'm not sure about. I'll have to look at stat bus and check to see if I can recall what happened